Wrestling Thread Jan 28-Feb 3 | 1/31 TNA Impact From England - Angle v Anderson, RVD v Ion v King

I guess Vince broke his pelvis due to the F5...
eyes.gif

welp.

pretty good RAW from what I saw.. missed the first hour.. but the 2nd half was solid.
LOLWUT

we must not have watched the same show.Only good thing on raw was cm punk rock segments, everything else was garbage (lingere dance off, karaoke , cena promo, Bo Dallas. etc.)

awful raw

EC I would like to see is lights going out, Shield assaulting Rock again, then lights hit again, the Deadman appears and costs Punk title setting up that storyline. You can even take Shield out and just Taker appears when people think it will be them.

Chris Jericho is signed through WrestleMania.  He will miss a two week period at the end of Feb/start of Mar where he will be touring with Fozzy in Australia.  The short term plan is a quick program with Ziggler, and then most likely a match with Ryback at Mania.

welp.

pretty good RAW from what I saw.. missed the first hour.. but the 2nd half was solid.
LOLWUT

we must not have watched the same show.Only good thing on raw was cm punk rock segments, everything else was garbage (lingere dance off, karaoke , cena promo, Bo Dallas. etc.)

awful raw
It was a bad Raw with three really great segments.

Opening segment with CM Punk.

Middle segment with Rock and Punk (not great, but pretty good).

Closing segment with Heyman, Vince, and Lesnar.

All of the rest of Raw was filler garbage.

Meltzer is reporting that Brock's new deal is through WrestleMania 2015.  It may or may not have been signed yet (Brock may be waiting until his current deal expires on WM weekend).  It will be basically the same schedule as now, and he will likely be working 3 PPVs per year, possibly 4.

Wait. So is Punk vs Rock a singles match? I thought the title would be defended in the chamber as usual. And I still can't see how they're going to start that Taker program with Punk. It would really make more sense to have a triple threat on Mania instead and have Brock vs HHH on EC. Have Brock destroy HHH and on the Raw after that, have Taker challenge Brock. Even I don't make much sense. :lol:

Chris Jericho is signed through WrestleMania.  He will miss a two week period at the end of Feb/start of Mar where he will be touring with Fozzy in Australia.  The short term plan is a quick program with Ziggler, and then most likely a match with Ryback at Mania.
In New York?! Home of the "smart" wrestling fan?

Yeah...Ryback is getting booed out of that stadium.

I like that idea posted, have Taker show up when the lights go out during Rocky VS Punk @ EC since people think it'll be Shield cause of Cole screaming it all over the place.
Lights come back on with Punk in the tombstone position costing him the match.

It will be interesting to see how they begin the feud with Taker/Punk to build the WM match.

I'd honestly prefer a Brock/Taker & Rock/Cena/Punk match at WM like someone stated earlier.

The Rock's going to lose, so having just a 1 vs. 1 takes all the suspense away & if Brock beat-up HHH @ EC, it could set up an interesting build up for a Taker feud.

But it wont happen & I see Brock fighting Taker at a future date. The Deadman only has about 3 WM's left in him IMO

PO

Last edited:
It will be interesting to see how they begin the feud with Taker/Punk to build the WM match.

I'd honestly prefer a Brock/Taker & Rock/Cena/Punk match at WM like someone stated earlier.

The Rock's going to lose, so having just a 1 vs. 1 takes all the suspense away & if Brock beat-up HHH @ EC, it could set up an interesting build up for a Taker feud.

But it wont happen & I see Brock fighting Taker at a future date. The Deadman only has about 3 WM's left in him IMO

PO
THIS

I just realized that they just explained this

http://www.wwe.com/inside/brad-maddox-attacked-at-smackdown-taping-26086309
SACRAMENTO, Calif. – WWE.com sources have learned that Brad Maddox and his personal cameraman, Carson, apparently have been victims of an attack during the SmackDown television tapings and have been transported to a nearby medical facility. Further details are very limited at this time.

Attempts to find eye witnesses to the attack or to make direct contact with Maddox or Carson have proven unsuccessful. Check back with WWE.com for updates on this story as they become available.
Would have been nice for them to actually bring this up on air and not just have it be a random WWE.com article.
This may be the first time in history WWE is actually having long term planning and tying up loose ends.  Like you said, it would have been nice if this was brought up.

So Booker T is suppose to make a major announcement about the future of Del Rio's World Heavyweight Title.   What do you guys think it is?   Are they getting rid of the title or changing the look of it.  Or am I just over thinking it and Booker is just gonna announce who Del Rio is fighting next?
Yeah, it's just going to be about the match at Elimination Chamber.

Instead of having Del Rio in the match, I would much rather have it as a #1 contender match to determine his opponent for WrestleMania.  You could have some combination of Ziggler, Big Show, Orton, Cesaro, Jericho, Barrett, miz, Kofi, and maybe a returning Mark Henry or Christian.

I didn't include Cena, Sheamus, and Ryback because I'm assuming they're having a match against The Shield at EC.

I'm also assuming a rematch between Team Hell No and The Rhodes Scholars.

I like that idea posted, have Taker show up when the lights go out during Rocky VS Punk @ EC since people think it'll be Shield cause of Cole screaming it all over the place.

I like your style......

I like your style......
It's cool but why?  What reason does Taker have to get involved?

That's what I find weird about this "planned" Taker/Punk WM match. I just can't see a pretty good angle for them to cross paths before WM. A short build wouldn't get this match over as it should.

I like your style......
That's what I find weird about this "planned" Taker/Punk WM match. I just can't see a pretty good angle for them to cross paths before WM. A short build wouldn't get this match over as it should.
Hypothetical....

Punk loses to Rock.  Punk complains that since his streak as WWE Champion is over, he's now going to end the only other streak that matters in WWE, and challenges The Undertaker.

I like your style......

Hypothetical....

Punk loses to Rock.  Punk complains that since his streak as WWE Champion is over, he's now going to end the only other streak that matters in WWE, and challenges The Undertaker.

I could see WWE going with that. Specially since they built up the whole "streak" thing with Punk as well. Would be better if they find a new and better angle instad imo.

^^^ simply after Punk loses at EC have him enter the ring at some point the next night, still pissed and whining about getting screwed once again out of his WWE Title. Then out of anger have him call out Undertaker. With a no damns given attitude.

Leading up to Mania really dnt knw how their promos will work. Punk gonna be so kayfabe and mention how he's not even dead.

Back
Top Bottom