Wrestling Thread Jan 14-20 | 1/17 TNA Impact Wrestling - Bully Ray and Brooke Hogan WEDDING!!!

- The reason The Undertaker, Bret Hart and other big name legends weren't used on Raw last night was because Stone Cold Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels weren't available.

Austin and HBK were both in Las Vegas for a hunting convention which is why they weren't in Houston for RAW.

Because those two could not make it, WWE decided to drop any plans of using other big name legends, most notably The Undertaker and Bret Hart. The feeling was they didn't want to have a bunch of legendary names on RAW and it draw attention or heat on Austin and Michaels for not being there.

As for Ric Flair being there, his appearance was justified as he was on RAW a few weeks ago and is slowly being worked back in as a regular role player on WWE programming.

Wwe is trolling us..... Rocks wins the title at royal rumble then sets up rock vs cena 2 for the title and having cena go over at wm 29. Only thing that could save this maina is Austin vs punk.

Austin wanted $1.5 mil pay check for mania. Vince was only willing to do $750k (I think). I read that somewhere a couple weeks ago.

- The reason The Undertaker, Bret Hart and other big name legends weren't used on Raw last night was because Stone Cold Steve Austin and Shawn Michaels weren't available.

Austin and HBK were both in Las Vegas for a hunting convention which is why they weren't in Houston for RAW.

Because those two could not make it, WWE decided to drop any plans of using other big name legends, most notably The Undertaker and Bret Hart. The feeling was they didn't want to have a bunch of legendary names on RAW and it draw attention or heat on Austin and Michaels for not being there.

As for Ric Flair being there, his appearance was justified as he was on RAW a few weeks ago and is slowly being worked back in as a regular role player on WWE programming.
That's wack.  They could of had both Stone Cold and Shawn Michaels send in video messages.   WWE really dropped the ball last night.  I think they felt like the Rock alone would drive up ratings.  I take it as WWE just trying to save some money.

They need to have everyone from the attitude era just come out and brawl. I don't care if Austin comes out in a wheelchair.

any updated pics of ssac?  i remember reading here he didnt want to be on the 1,000th episode because he wasn't 100% and didnt want the crowd to see a sub par.

same story for the 20th anniversary?

Austin wanted $1.5 mil pay check for mania. Vince was only willing to do $750k (I think). I read that somewhere a couple weeks ago.
Not sure if you got it from my old post or elsewhere but here ya go.
News & Notes

Full details and the latest update on Steve Austin possibly working Wrestlemania 29.
The saga involving Steve Austin working a dream match at Wrestlemania 29 has taken many twists and turns.

The match would be Austin vs. CM Punk and we're told Austin is willing to put Punk over so the finish isn’t the issue. Our source says Austin and WWE are “just too far apart on money.” While Austin is willing to work one more match, he’s only willing to come back for what he considers to be the main event match with main event money.

From WWE’s perspective, they aren’t going to spend seven figures on Austin for one match, which is what he wants. The fact that Brock Lesnar and The Rock are already working Wrestlemania under big money deals, there is no urgency to overpay for Austin’s services.

From Austin’s perspective, he’s not desperate to return and unless the spot he’s being offered is the type of spot that’s going to pay him seven figures, he’d rather keep sitting out. Just to illustrate how far apart they are on money, Austin would be looking for approximately $1.5 million as a one night payoff, whereas WWE probably wouldn’t go much higher than $500,000.

There was a considerable amount of chatter regarding Stone Cold's comments that he’s "100 percent fine" to wrestle. Austin wanted fans to know that him working Wrestlemania doesn’t hinge on his health and it’s up to Vince McMahon to pay him the money he’s looking for.

As things stand right now, Steve Austin vs. CM Punk at Wrestlemania 29 is very unlikely unless one side completely caves. Those close to Austin say he’s not going to budge on the money, so as far as WWE is concerned, it’s currently not an option for next year’s show.

UPDATE:

A source confirmed that Vince McMahon and Steve Austin had serious talks last week about compensation for Austin working Wrestlemania 29 next year. While they were so far apart on money just a couple months ago, it seems the two parties are getting closer.

Vince wants to do Austin vs. CM Punk at Wrestlemania next year, as do most of the officials, workers and fans. This has been the desired match for at least 16 months now, however, the sticking point has been over money. As late as last October, the company had given up on the match because Austin wanted $1.5 million and WWE was only looking to pay him in the range of $500,000. Both parties have reportedly moved closer to the center than they were at that time.

With continuing uncertainty regarding The Undertaker and obvious risks of injury or suspension, we’re told Vince would like to lock up his second main event. If they can’t come to terms with Austin, they’ll move to CM Punk vs. Undertaker.

There is another side to this that comes into play with these negotiations.

McMahon has been feeling like he had been pushed around too much when negotiating with CM Punk last year. This caused him to start pushing back with other stars looking to return, including John Morrison.

The latest meeting between Austin and Vince was held at the behest of Austin and although they are still far apart on money, Vince feels like Austin blinked first and he really got off on Austin being the one to ask to come back to the table.

At this point a deal has not been reached but even if WWE and Austin had agreed, plans are being kept so secretive that Punk himself wouldn’t know.

Last edited:
any updated pics of ssac?  i remember reading here he didnt want to be on the 1,000th episode because he wasn't 100% and didnt want the crowd to see a sub par.

same story for the 20th anniversary?

He's repeatedly stated that he's back in shape and could wrestle. Here's a pic from today. He's looking good

View media item 219293

Last edited:
Speaking of Stone Cold, saw this in the tattoo thread...

bdd38487_IMG_0745.jpeg

I went to the show yesterday and had a good time.

I tried desperatley to get "yes!" signs on camera but no dice.

I cheered loudly for punk during his match and was surprised many people did too.

I chanted super dragon along with the other guy bc I thought it was hilarious.

I was sitting in a section with die hard kid cena fans who were chanting loudly for cena while me and my friends started to chant cena sucks chants loudly. After a while I saw kids being sad that we hated their hero so much and I felt like a **** so I kept quiet for the rest of the match and just cheered for ziggler.

I literally heard a three year old say "aj is a used up piece of trash" next to his dad.

After raw went of air rock was walking away while punk went in the ring and called rock out. Rock ran to the ring and while people were pulling them apart punk ate a rock bottom. Rock's music hit and he left then Roberts announced "ladies & gentlemen big round of applause for ur wwe champion cm punk!" As punk rolled around on the floor in pain.

The hypest moment in the crowd was when the shield arrived. I was sitting close to the exit and when they retreated ambrose legit hit his head on the right side of the tron and fell on his ***, it was hilarious.

I went to the show yesterday and had a good time.

I tried desperatley to get "yes!" signs on camera but no dice.

I cheered loudly for punk during his match and was surprised many people did too.

I chanted super dragon along with the other guy bc I thought it was hilarious.

I was sitting in a section with die hard kid cena fans who were chanting loudly for cena while me and my friends started to chant cena sucks chants loudly. After a while I saw kids being sad that we hated their hero so much and I felt like a **** so I kept quiet for the rest of the match and just cheered for ziggler.

I literally heard a three year old say "aj is a used up piece of trash" next to his dad.

After raw went of air rock was walking away while punk went in the ring and called rock out. Rock ran to the ring and while people were pulling them apart punk ate a rock bottom. Rock's music hit and he left then Roberts announced "ladies & gentlemen big round of applause for ur wwe champion cm punk!" As punk rolled around on the floor in pain.

The hypest moment in the crowd was when the shield arrived. I was sitting close to the exit and when they retreated ambrose legit hit his head on the right side of the tron and fell on his ***, it was hilarious.
Yeah...I had a pretty awesome time, too.

That's wack.  They could of had both Stone Cold and Shawn Michaels send in video messages.   WWE really dropped the ball last night.  I think they felt like the Rock alone would drive up ratings.  I take it as WWE just trying to save some money.

And what would these pretaped videos done for the grand scheme of everything. Let the nostalgia go and move forward.

You know what I think the main "problem" is with the Rock's promo... we're older now. At the peak of the Rpck's run I'd guess most of us were in our teens where juvenile humor reigmed supreme. Now that some of us have matured those some juvenile antics don't hit home the same as it would have years ago. Rpck's not doing anything different, only change is some of our mindsets.

And another SmackDown Tag Team Main Event. Meh.

And what would these pretaped videos done for the grand scheme of everything. Let the nostalgia go and move forward.

You know what I think the main "problem" is with the Rock's promo... we're older now. At the peak of the Rpck's run I'd guess most of us were in our teens where juvenile humor reigmed supreme. Now that some of us have matured those some juvenile antics don't hit home the same as it would have years ago. Rpck's not doing anything different, only change is some of our mindsets.

Right on the button. Rock is doing the same bland ish, but Im sure most are liking it.

Right on the button. Rock is doing the same bland ish, but Im sure most are liking it.

Rock's promo after WM 19 & all his promos with The Hurricane >>>>

Back
Top Bottom