Wrestling Thread Dec 9-22 | Dec 21 The Great SWAGTISTA Is Returning for WrestleMania XXX

CooC1y4.jpg

WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog section on his site jrsbarbq.com. For information on all of his products and upcoming shows, please click here.

Below are his thoughts and predictions for Sunday’s WWE pay-per-view TLC:

- For the Undisputed Championship, or whatever it will be called, I’m going with Randy Orton, likely with a little help from his friends, whoever they may be, to beat John Cena Sunday night in Houston. This then sets up Cena on a quest/march to WM30 to get in the main event to compete for the title. I see Cena vs. Orton going past 30 minutes of bell to bell time Sunday and having a helluva match. They have the chemistry to get it done and the motivation of the unification match to motivate them as well.

I do fully expect that one man leaves with the Undisputed Title and if that doesn’t occur I feel that will be a mistake. A definitive winner creates so many more positive scenarios with which to work with creatively.

- Daniel Bryan, by hook or crook, and by using all his skills will escape TLC with a win over the Wyatts but the Wyatt Family will look good in the process while the smaller Bryan refuses to quit and eventually prevails.

- Don’t see CM Punk being as lucky against the Shield even though there is a small, dark cloud hanging over the Shield’s unity, or so it seems, the past few weeks with Roman Reigns slowly stepping out of the trio’s circle. This matter could allow Punk to win but I see Reigns as the difference maker and Punk falls to three men all of who have extremely bright futures in WWE.

I could see the Punk vs. Shield match as one of the best matches of the night. I also could see one of the 3 vs 1 bouts starting off the PPV so that they have some separation and ‘sameness’ can be better avoided. If forced to choose, I’d put Punk on first and Bryan on just before the TLC main event.

- AJ Lee has been the star of the WWE Diva division this year while Natalya has been a star of Total Divas on the E Network. Does AJ need the title to remain controversial and relevant? I don’t think so but with that said I see AJ winning at TLC.

- Big E is just starting his journey and WWE officials seem to have confidence in the powerhouse IC Champion. I do too. ‘E’ is a work in progress but he’s an intelligent, natural athlete who should evolve into a marketable hand in a reasonable amount of time if he is mentored and coached up. Langston losing at TLC makes no sense to me as Sandow is an excellent talker who can maintain his relevance if provided mic time going forward. Big E wins.

- The Rhodes Brothers are the best thing that has happened to WWE’s re-tooled tag team scene in a good while.Their partnership is organic and believable. Dustin Rhodes reinventing himself has been a fascinating story. More should be made of it. This will inevitably be a fast paced match but has the potential to have compelling near falls and I see Dustin aka Goldust and Cody prevailing. I’d prefer elimination rules over the first team to earn a pin or submission winning but that’s not a hill that I’d die upon and I look forward to seeing how these 8 talents make this PPV opportunity memorable.

- The pre show match features Ziggler vs. Fandango which has upset many Ziggler fans from the comments that have been tweeted to me @JRsBBQ. I look at this match as being an opportunity for both Dolph and Fandango to shine and set the stage for the rest of the evening. I’m not as concerned about who wins as much as the match quality but I do see Ziggler making the fans happy at the start of the night and getting the ‘duke.’

- It seems that the pre-show panel of WWE talents including Mick Foley, Booker T and the Miz could be more effective and entice more PPV customers if they were a little ‘outside the box’ and controversial with their comments. I do like that the pre-show has a pulse and feel it can make a difference in ‘last minute shoppers’ if done in a compelling fashion.

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/jim-ross-makes-his-predictions-for-wwes-tlc-ppv#ixzz2nTxrozs0

The fact that Santino and Cena are on the list......
I think it makes sense.

Many don't know Santino's background. BattleArts, google it. But what he is subjugated to in the WWE is sad man. The dude IS a wrestler. Like forreal.

Cena, he gets a lot of slack, but he can put on a good match. People go out of their way to hate on his skill level but he is decent. His ring work is under-appreciated.

Naija Nitemare :smokin. Thanks for the gifts man those dvds are both awesome and I've been wanting to read that book.

Got me-

Shawn VS Brett Greatest rivalries
Chris Jericho - Breaking the code
The Hardcore Truth Bob Holly Book

Naija Nitemare :smokin. Thanks for the gifts man those dvds are both awesome and I've been wanting to read that book.

Got me-

Shawn VS Brett Greatest rivalries
Chris Jericho - Breaking the code
The Hardcore Truth Bob Holly Book

peep got me that book too..I was supposed to start reading it, but the wife got an infection where she had surgery last month and it's been hectic round here..But the kids are going to be gone all next weekend and I'm gonna crack that bad boy open..

I'm assuming the Chromecast I received from Amazon was from my SS. If that's so, thanks to whoever you are!

:smokin

Have we decided on what #1 of this year's predictions contests gets?

A few months ago, I suggested that the top 3 or so get automatic entry into the Royal Rumble - or maybe even get to pick their wrestler. And, if their wrestler wins that member gets however many bonus points added to their Royal Rumble predictions contest.

But, I don't know. Hopefully I can hang on to #1 this month. Will be tuning in tomorrow night.

Last edited:
They should just give the Undisputed WWE title the IC title treatment. Bring back this beauty, but maybe just make a oversized version.

would be
pimp.gif

Awesome gifts  up there. It's good to know that some of the best dudes on NT are from the wrestling thread

Man, this beat the streak challenge has me angry! I beat him with Kane for one challenge with the difficulty set to hard. I've tried beating him with Batista or Shawn Michaels for the past 2 hours and keep failing, even changed the difficulty to easy. Also lowered the reversal setting and I'm probably gonna turn it off completely.

Back
Top Bottom