Wrestling Thread Dec 9-22 | Dec 21 The Great SWAGTISTA Is Returning for WrestleMania XXX

aijm5IV.gif

Yoo I wasn't watching wrestling at the time but this thugonomics John Cena is hilariously douchey. Watching his match with taker at vengeance in 03 on netflix now.

So WWE teamed up and made a Scooby Doo movie, and of course HHH is on the cover as world champ :lol:

:lol: :rofl:

Yoo I wasn't watching wrestling at the time but this thugonomics John Cena is hilariously douchey. Watching his match with taker at vengeance in 03 on netflix now.

Thuganomics Cena was awesome man. Catch his feud with Eddie Guerrero around that time, and basically all his promos. The beginnings of Thuganomics Cena in late 02 was hilarious, as he was straight off generic colorful shorts face Cena

Last edited:
I can't even talk about my brother, man 
ohwell.gif

I rewatched his match with Cena at TLC. My goodness is this man entertaining. 

FbNDJow.gif

I also get the feeling the latest MITB Winner, Damien Sandow, will get a stronger push than Dolph. I know it was stated somewhere in the reports but it also shows how fickle Vince or the Shovel can be if you're not acting accordingly.

Last edited:
Possible Cena/Orton Title Match Spoiler
- For what it’s worth, it was reported from two different soldiers who attended last night’s WWE Tribute to the Troops in Fort Lewis that report John Cena did not have the WWE Title belt or World Heavyweight Title belt with him when he came out.

- It’s been reported in recent months about how there hasn’t been much certainty regarding The Rock’s WWE future. There was talk of him appearing at Hell In a Cell from his hometown of Miami to kick off a WrestleMania XXX angle but obviously that never happened.

The talk at Monday’s Slammys RAW was that the fact there wasn’t even a pre-recorded message featuring The Rock, in case he won a Slammy which he did, is very telling about his current status with the company. It was mentioned at RAW that there are currently no plans to utilize him any further.

- Regarding a potential TNA sale, word is that TNA founder Jeff Jarrett, who has been getting more power internally, has been acting as a liaison for a group considered to be interested into buying into the company. The group, reportedly financed by country music star Toby Keith, is said to be a serious candidate to purchase majority ownership of the promotion from Panda Energy, TNA’s parent company.

According to a source who spoke under the condition of anonymity, Toby Keith’s group feels the asking price, believed to be in excess of $10 million, is too high.

The rumors surrounding Billy Corgan buying the promotion were unfounded but word is that TNA embraced the attention they received from those rumors. It’s said that serious consideration is being given by the Carter family about unloading the company if they are able to land a deal in the low eight figures.

While the talk over the last couple of years was that Jeff Jarrett, who is still a minority owner of TNA, has been that he was looking to bring on a new investor, the Carter family has indeed put a price tag on majority ownership. However, unless the price comes down, a deal is unlikely to get done.

As for Corgan, he’s had nothing to do with the potential purchase of TNA and is actually shopping a reality show about his own Resistance Pro Wrestling promotion. Footage was recently shot for a pilot episode and AMC is a network that is being targeted. The media attention generated by the TNA rumors may be incorporated into the pilot as they did film segments with Corgan where he gave his thoughts on the situation.

Back
Top Bottom