Wrestling Thread Dec 19-25 | 12/25 Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to the Entire NTWT

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]CK [/color]
laugh.gif
[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)].[/color] [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]soon man, they all fall asleep at some point, soon.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]I was watching a bunch of old Daniel Bryan matches... it's so crazy to think how similar he is to Vader, Ric Flair in the early 90's, and even CM Punk on his early days with the ECW when they were pushing Bobby Lashley's god awful self. You have guys who come in with their gimmicks that are AMAZING. Vader was one of a few guys who held major titles on three different continents. A MONSTER Bad As-, and personally my favorite big guy. He came in and had an eh run with Shawn Michaels and then jobbed out until he left. Ric coulda had a great run but was always looked down upon. Same with Punk, in the beginning. Vince wanted Bobby, Not Punk or RVD for that matter, because he was REALLY over then too. No idea what it is about Vince's ego not being able to pull in new talent who are already established. It just makes no sense. If Paul HeymanGod was able to be the molder of clay.... dear god. random thought done.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]the Dark Horses video with Bryan, Punk, and Ryder was good. song fit perfectly.[/color]

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Watching the DB match now. (dvr'd SD)[/color]

According to the official website of the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, former WWE talent Sean Waltman (a/k/a X-Pac) was arrested Wednesday at 1:02 p.m. for possession of hydrocodone and drug paraphernalia.

- WWE officials were upset this week when former NBA star Shaquille O’Neal leaked the news that he was in talks to wrestle Big Show at WrestleMania 28. Officials previously wanted LeBron James to participate at WrestleMania 28 in Miami but he can’t due to the NBA.

- WWE officials have been discussing the idea of turning either Big Show or World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan heel. Sources indicate that they will likely go with Big Show, especially if a WrestleMania 28 match against Shaquille O’Neal is in the works.

F4WOnline.com reports that WWE officials are considering taking the WWE Championship off CM Punk due to ‘terrible ratings patterns’ for his weekly segments on Raw

The matter was broached prior to Sunday’s WWE TLCpay-per-view event, which saw Punk ultimately retain the strap in a Triple Threat Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match against Alberto Del Rio and The Miz. The trend of lackluster ratings for his segments continued the following night on Rawas the program’s overrun, which saw the Straight Edge Superstar, Daniel Bryan and Zack Ryder overcame The Miz, Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler, only gain 59,000 viewers.

Wrestling Observereditor Dave Meltzer analyzes: “That’s almost impossible given people tune in to see the following show, which basically meant wrestling fans must have been tuning out in droves (they were during the first half of the match but then started gaining at 11 p.m., but hardly gained anything).

According to the official website of the Hillsborough County Sheriff’s Office, former WWE talent Sean Waltman (a/k/a X-Pac) was arrested Wednesday at 1:02 p.m. for possession of hydrocodone and drug paraphernalia.

- WWE officials have been discussing the idea of turning either Big Show or World Heavyweight Champion Daniel Bryan heel. Sources indicate that they will likely go with Big Show, especially if a WrestleMania 28 match against Shaquille O’Neal is in the works.

- WWE officials were upset this week when former NBA star Shaquille O’Neal leaked the news that he was in talks to wrestle Big Show at WrestleMania 28. Officials previously wanted LeBron James to participate at WrestleMania 28 in Miami but he can’t due to the NBA.

F4WOnline.com reports that WWE officials are considering taking the WWE Championship off CM Punk due to ‘terrible ratings patterns’ for his weekly segments on Raw

The matter was broached prior to Sunday’s WWE TLCpay-per-view event, which saw Punk ultimately retain the strap in a Triple Threat Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match against Alberto Del Rio and The Miz. The trend of lackluster ratings for his segments continued the following night on Rawas the program’s overrun, which saw the Straight Edge Superstar, Daniel Bryan and Zack Ryder overcame The Miz, Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler, only gain 59,000 viewers.

Wrestling Observereditor Dave Meltzer analyzes: “That’s almost impossible given people tune in to see the following show, which basically meant wrestling fans must have been tuning out in droves (they were during the first half of the match but then started gaining at 11 p.m., but hardly gained anything).

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

What the hell is wrong with Yuku?..

YF, send me that dvd as soon as humanly possible..

They should put Punk in a Best of Five or Seven matches w/Ziggler..They could easlily build that up for a finale at WM that would bring the house down..I'm wanting to say wcw did something like that with either Booker or Benoit, but it's been awhile and can't quite remember..But I would definately tune into Raw every week and I'd actually con my wife into letting me get WM if the E did that..

Case WCW did that with Benoit and Booker, they had a best of seven series to determine the #1 contender for the TV Title. It was great stuff.

I'm turning 24 on Monday. Sometimes I wonder if I'm too old for wrestling then this makes me feel better:

9014891384216955902387777449387728874316724658n.jpg

Originally Posted by horchata kid

wwe is hell bent on getting that title off of punk.

Wish they were hell bent on putting on WRESTLING and NOT Mad TV with matches. Even in the down years while losing to WCW, the storylines were still good. They just don't get it. They can't expect things to change overnight.

Watching the Undertaker DVD on Netflix. Summerslam 97. They built storylines so well. Shawn and Bret. Shawn and Taker grew from this match leading to 3 ppv matches over that next 6months. That Lugui Bret got Shawn with was massive lol.

It's sad about Waltman. He seemed like he had really gotten his life together and was in a better place. Hopefully he can recover.

Originally Posted by YardFather

Case WCW did that with Benoit and Booker, they had a best of seven series to determine the #1 contender for the TV Title. It was great stuff.

Thanks for clearing that up..I kinda remember Benoit doing a best of series with Kevin Sullivan but it wasnt very good and I knew Book was in a series but couldnt remeber who his opponent was..Just looked up some of there matches..If Punk/Ziggler could do half as good as those two did then it would be match of the year quality and people couldn't help but tune in and order ppv's..DO IT WWE, I DARE YA!..

Originally Posted by MrMundayNite

I'm turning 24 on Monday. Sometimes I wonder if I'm too old for wrestling then this makes me feel better:

9014891384216955902387777449387728874316724658n.jpg
Ohhhhhh daaaaaaaamn 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

30t6p3b.gif
They are willing to reach for anything to get the title off of Punk. It was cool seeing Punk, Bryan and Ryder with the title like that on Monday, 

and the perfect video of them on SD, making you think something new is on the horizon, when eventually Punk will get the title off of Punk, 

Orton somehow gets the title off of Bryan (even though they have nothing to do with each other right now), and Mason Ryan gets traded to SD

and takes the US title off of Ryder.

i was watching the Shawn Michaels story on Netflix this morning.

if you've seen it, you'll remember the thing with Ken Shamrock and the lollipop

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

funniest thing id seen in a long time. Michaels was just a true-to-life heel back in the 90's
laugh.gif
30t6p3b.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom