Wrestling Thread Dec 19-25 | 12/25 Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays to the Entire NTWT

Happy holidays.Got some Christmas presents to hand out to you chumps after we get back home from seeing family.Hope everyone enjoys their day.

Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, to everyone.  WWE and TNA put us through a lot of crap throughout the year, but I'm happy to keep these threads going each week.  It keeps me interested in the product despite WWE constantly trying to push me away.  I apologize for my negativity at times, but I can only hope for a better product in 2012.

Major Correction on the Survivor Series Buy Rate
--It was previously reported that Survivor Series did 180,000 domestic buys, but it has now been corrected down to only 160,000 domestic buys.  There is the possibility there will be late buys added in later, but this is a terrible number for WWE.  Again, it proves that The Rock alone isn't going to compel people to spend $50 on a show.  It takes logical and creative booking with against a credible opponent.

Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas to everyone here. I'm looking forward to 2012. The future looks bright.

May you and yours have a great day
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by RKO2004

Now that I think about it, has Cena EVER had a classic match that will always be talked about? There is a difference between "hyped" matches and memorable.

"I Quit Match" vs JBL at Judgement Day 2005
vs RVD at One Night Stand
vs HHH at WM23
60 match vs HBK on Raw

These are all very good and memorable.

I personally like his TLC match with Edge in 2006 as well.

A lot of people tend to not realize that Cena has had some very good matches because usually they're just pissed off at the outcome of him winning
laugh.gif

I liked all those posted. Especially the match against RVD. Maybe because he's so forced. I used to like Cena. He just blows now.

Yeah other than the two matches with Punk, he seems like he's just going through the motions in the ring now. He was good in his match against Ryder on Raw a couple weeks back too because he was actually trying.

My brother got me tickets to the Feb 28th SD tapings for Christmas.

I'm sure Daniel Bryan will be dropping the title on that night, being that it's the closest he'll ever get to having a match in his hometown.

4w, when can we start posting 2012 predictions?

i know i did horrible this year. yea, rare, i know.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

4w, when can we start posting 2012 predictions?

i know i did horrible this year. yea, rare, i know.

It will be opened up in Monday's thread.

2 pre-predictions

- r truth comes back tomorrow
- new 1/2 promo will confirm its y2j

I'm watching the Hulk Hogan anthology on netflix, and it just reminds me why I love wrestling.

The atmosphere of the crowds was just amazing, something rarely seen today (besides a few towns...Philly, Chicago, NYC, Toronto)

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]been so swamped with everything christmas and my son. hope everyone had a great christmas.[/color]

- The final cryptic video for January 2nd, 2012 will be airing on tonight's RAW Supershow in Chicago. Word is that tonight's video will make it clear who the vignettes are for.

Chicago is usually one of the better crowds. They were the best crowd by far at MITB.

Originally Posted by VeintiSiete

tonights RAW from Chicago is SOLD OUT. Hot crowds usually lead to a good show.

eek.gif
Good way to end the year. This better be a well booked show.

I finally get to watch Raw live #Working night FTL.

[color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]with it being my nephews birthday dinner/party thing tonight it'll be on my dvr.
I always look forward to chicago, ny, philly, and home town shows.
don't really remember the last raw i was actually looking forward to. hope it doesn't disappoint.[/color]

Watching top 50 greatest wrestlers of all time.. on netflix.. wwe should've completely dropped the rankings like the nba did with their 50 greatest..

If someone could lend some knowledge here.... I'd appreciate it.

I'm looking to buy tickets to a Sunday night show of RAW that will be in Eugene, OR (first time here). And I just have a few questions....

1.) Is there any reason why it would be Sunday night show, as opposed to a standard Monday night taping? Or will it just be regular Raw as usual?
2.) For tickets, do you suggest going through StubHub, or through general release? The general release pricing is from $15-$53, but will that exclude premium seats that could be acquired through somewhere like StubHub (Tickets available to general public starting Jan 6th)? Or would my best bet be paying the $53 in exchange for what could turn out to be pretty good seats?

I've never been before, so any help/advice would be great going forward would be appreciated. Thanks.

Originally Posted by fearthenut

I'm looking to buy tickets to a Sunday night show of RAW that will be in Eugene, OR (first time here). And I just have a few questions....

1.) Is there any reason why it would be Sunday night show, as opposed to a standard Monday night taping? Or will it just be regular Raw as usual?
2.) For tickets, do you suggest going through StubHub, or through general release? The general release pricing is from $15-$53, but will that exclude premium seats that could be acquired through somewhere like StubHub (Tickets available to general public starting Jan 6th)? Or would my best bet be paying the $53 in exchange for what could turn out to be pretty good seats?

I've never been before, so any help/advice would be great going forward would be appreciated. Thanks.
It won't be a live TV Raw..most likely a house show. But house shows are usually really good and fun to attend.

Originally Posted by fearthenut

Check for pre-sales codes/dates for best seating available via ticketmaster. For premium seating check stubhub. 

Back
Top Bottom