Wrestling Thread August 15th-20th/ Tonight NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II At 8PM Eastern/ SummerSlam This

Im catching up on 85-89 nwa. I was to young to fully appreciate it at the time. Man NWA was loaded with talent. I like how the had somewhat squash matches up to the main events idk just seems right.

A young cornette was gold lmao. Imo mangers need to get on commentary not just stand by ringside like he did lol.

Managers are desperately needed in this era of indy guys that never really learned how to talk..

Brother Jules, you've got to keep me updated on your thoughts as you're watching..Is all the stuff you're going through on the Network or are you watching on youtube/dailymotion?..We need to get you, me, DC, and gunna to watch a few episodes at the same time..

Managers are desperately needed in this era of indy guys that never really learned how to talk..

Brother Jules, you've got to keep me updated on your thoughts as you're watching..Is all the stuff you're going through on the Network or are you watching on youtube/dailymotion?..We need to get you, me, DC, and gunna to watch a few episodes at the same time..
I second this.

For now on, tell us when you are about to watch something.

Honestly, I see WWE going right back to the same old stuff, before the Draft. The allure of it all lasted 3 weeks? I am done man. I will just continue watching NXT, CWC, and New Japan. I have enough content to not miss anything. Wai and Pollack can keep me updating with Reiew a Raw

I second this.

For now on, tell us when you are about to watch something.

Honestly, I see WWE going right back to the same old stuff, before the Draft. The allure of it all lasted 3 weeks? I am done man. I will just continue watching NXT, CWC, and New Japan. I have enough content to not miss anything. Wai and Pollack can keep me updating with Reiew a Raw

I'm not quite at the point you are yet, but it's getting there..It seems like they had all this momentum built up and now it's starting to come off the rails..SD has got to get some more talent on it's roster..And I don't know how they're going to do it..Hopefully after SummerSlam we get some NXT call ups and maybe some guys get traded to SD while Raw brings in some guys from the CWC..

I quit those guys finally a week ago. Rosenberg with no one to keep him in check was unbearable. He was commenting on the product without even watching it. He went on another rant about Dean Ambrose amd I had to delete the channel from my saved list.

I'm not quite at the point you are yet, but it's getting there..It seems like they had all this momentum built up and now it's starting to come off the rails..SD has got to get some more talent on it's roster..And I don't know how they're going to do it..Hopefully after SummerSlam we get some NXT call ups and maybe some guys get traded to SD while Raw brings in some guys from the CWC..
I have come to the realization that wrestling will never be as good as I believe it once was. So if there is content from way back when, that I still haven't watched as an adult, why am I bothering with this nonsense?

I quit those guys finally a week ago. Rosenberg with no one to keep him in check was unbearable. He was commenting on the product without even watching it. He went on another rant about Dean Ambrose amd I had to delete the channel from my saved list.
Yea, that breakup didn't help anybody out man. It is sad because, as a unit, they had good chemistry. I was looking to consolidate my podcasts anyway.

I just deleted Konnan's show on Podcast One. Not a fan of the format. He has like 7 guests in an hour show. I'm good with that

I have come to the realization that wrestling will never be as good as I believe it once was. So if there is content from way back when, that I still haven't watched as an adult, why am I bothering with this nonsense?
You are a prisoner of the past....

You are a prisoner of the past....
I know you aren't trying to have a legit conversation but I will humor you.

I have gave them 2.5 years. I jumped back into things around 2014. I tried to enjoy it but the 50.50 booking, the insulting of my intelligence, the presentation of wrestling as a JOKE. Man, who wants to see that ****?

I am a prisoner of a serious wrestling product. Label me that. Because I currently enjoy new Japan (present). And NXT, and the CWC (present). So, you can't even say I am a prisoner of the past.

But like I said, you aren't trying to have a real conversation 

Makes perfect sense..I'm sure there's a ton of stuff I missed from the 80's, but I watched most of it..Being a kid that was a huge wrestling fan, I watched everything that came on tv..So I wasn't stuck in the "WWF is the greatest wrestling ever and it's the only thing to watch" like most kids..I was watching WWF, NWA, AWA, and stuff from Tennessee..But I would like to go back and watch some old NWA/WCW stuff..Back when storylines mattered, feuds mattered, managers/valets mattered, and most importantly the in ring product mattered the most..

Rey+Mysterio+backdrops+Eddie+Guerrero+on+a+ladder.gif

Rick+Rude+hits+Ganso+Bomb+on+Ultimate+Warrior.gif

download+%2819%29.gif

download+%2837%29.gif
]

TNA is replacing their King of the Mountain title with a belt called the Grand Champion title..They made a new belt for it too..

View media item 2133302
Also a couple news sites are saying they might rename TNA to something else since Billy Corgan has been named President of the company..

I have gave them 2.5 years. I jumped back into things around 2014. I tried to enjoy it but the 50.50 booking, the insulting of my intelligence, the presentation of wrestling as a JOKE. Man, who wants to see that ****?

I am a prisoner of a serious wrestling product. Label me that. Because I currently enjoy new Japan (present). And NXT, and the CWC (present). So, you can't even say I am a prisoner of the past.

Get em 22

To be fair you did say WRESTLING will never be as good as you believe it once was.... Which prompted my statement

I was really hoping that SD was gonna be the show where we got back to a focus on the in ring product instead of bloated storylines like what's on RAM..But I knew it was gonna be the same old thing once Sami, KO, and Cesaro were drafted to Monday Night RAM..Maybe they'll do some trades and bring those guys over, but I doubt they will since it makes too much sense..

Back
Top Bottom