Wrestling Thread August 15th-20th/ Tonight NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II At 8PM Eastern/ SummerSlam This

Case and DC, Sabu and RVD were high flyers but heels. Take that out of the equation and their nobody..

They'll rebut that ECW wasn't the major leagues snd just a 2nd tier organization. But for THE big times, you can't just have high flyers as the big time heels :smh:

Toine Ledesma coming through again
pimp.gif

Who do yall think the NXT callups are gonna be after SummerSlam? If any (I know there's already been a ton of callups in the past 6 mos.). Nakamura? Aries? Bayley?? They GOTTA be trolling Bayley if she doesn't make the next round of callups
laugh.gif

Don't think Nakamura is gonna be called up right now because he's likely gonna win the NXT title at Takeover.

He'll probably have at least one rematch with Tongan Jeff so Joe isn't likely coming directly after SummerFest either.

I think Bayley is the most likely candidate.

Agreed.
One thing is for sure, Joe and Nakamura both need to go to Smackdown because their roster is weak in terms of top level guys.

Right now it's only:

1. Jeans 

2. Job Ziggler 

3. BK Fashion

4. Cena (who seems to headed for that Rock schedule soon)

5. Bray

Imagine if KO, Cesaro and even Zayn were on Smackdown, instead they're languishing on Raw right now. 
mean.gif

Toine Ledesma coming through again :pimp:

View media item 1797825

Who do yall think the NXT callups are gonna be after SummerSlam? If any (I know there's already been a ton of callups in the past 6 mos.). Nakamura? Aries? Bayley?? They GOTTA be trolling Bayley if she doesn't make the next round of callups :lol:

Don't think Nakamura is gonna be called up right now because he's likely gonna win the NXT title at Takeover.

He'll probably have at least one rematch with Tongan Jeff so Joe isn't likely coming directly after SummerFest either.

I think Bayley is the most likely candidate.

Agreed.

One thing is for sure, Joe and Nakamura both need to go to Smackdown because their roster is weak in terms of top level guys.

Right now it's only:

1. Jeans 
2. Job Ziggler 
3. BK Fashion
4. Cena (who seems to headed for that Rock schedule soon)
5. Bray

Imagine if KO, Cesaro and even Zayn were on Smackdown, instead they're languishing on Raw right now. :smh:

It seems they realized they goofed on the draft with certain people so hopefully they will send Cesaro, KO or Sami to SD and bring up Joe and Nakamura to the blue brand as well

This chick at work just said light skin men are the devil no offense Meangene45 about to give her the RKO followed by the curb stomp.

Last edited:
Listening to the Braun Strowman podcast has me thinking about what big men in wrestling had above average to great mic skills...? :nerd:

Off the top I came up with the following:

The Big Show
Ernie Ladd
Kevin Nash
Undertaker (meh)

Any others in yalls opinion? :nerd:

Last edited:
Listening to the Braun Strowman podcast has me thinking about what big men in wrestling had above average to great mic skills...? :nerd:

The Big Show
Ernie Ladd
Kevin Nash
Undertaker (meh)

Not sure if you're a podcast guy green, but Ken Patera is on Flair's new podcast, listened to it a lil on the ride home yesterday, will probably finish in a few.

Not sure if you're a podcast guy green, but Ken Patera is on Flair's new podcast, listened to it a lil on the ride home yesterday, will probably finish in a few.

Ya, I listened to some of it & it could have been better. I still recommend it though.
Since Patera doesn't do a lot of interviews, and with the history between him & Flair, Flair did not do the best job guiding the interview.
Flair and Patera are getting older & are best when focused. Though some of the history alone is worth a listen.
Not sure about Patera's most recent take on "the incident" tho. :lol:

Last edited:
Does the same apply to KO?

No, because KO's moveset isn't one based on high flying moves..And KO's heel promos are the best in the business right now..Rollins is every bit as good, if not better, than Owens in the ring, but he's nowhere near on his level when it comes to promos..Anyone that says otherwise is a flat out mark..And I compare KO doing the occasional "high spot" with the likes of Vader doing a moonsault or Taker doing Old School or an over the top rope dive..

The Big Show
Ernie Ladd
Kevin Nash
Undertaker (meh)

Interesting question
Nash
Undertaker
Brodus clay
Vader

I am drawing a blank.

Old ppl hate everything
Fight me.....
I dont want to deal with an ageism lawsuit
The business has changed, you bring up all these flat footed dinosaurs who were taking up the main spots. Seth Rollins isn't a guy who would have gotten a chance to become a Top Credible Heel in the old formuliac way of thinking. "He does cool moves so he can only be a face"

It's a new day in wrestling and it's evolved to this point where the smaller high flying types are getting these shots. The big man is getting phased out of wrestling, so what are you going to do then when everyone is the same size as Seth Rollins.

You guys are just too programmed to give guys a chance.
They dont hear you though. Prob bc they need new batteries for their hearing aids

No, because KO's moveset isn't one based on high flying moves..And KO's heel promos are the best in the business right now..Rollins is every bit as good, if not better, than Owens in the ring, but he's nowhere near on his level when it comes to promos..Anyone that says otherwise is a flat out mark..And I compare KO doing the occasional "high spot" with the likes of Vader doing a moonsault or Taker doing Old School or an over the top rope dive..

No one's saying Seth is a better promo guy than KO

I'm just wondering why KO gets an exemption from the "you can't do high spots and flips while being a heel" rule

I'm not programmed to think only big guys can be heels and small guys can be faces..I'm programmed to think a heel is supposed to be a bad guy and face is supposed to be a good guy..Seth is just not good at being bad..Just like Roman is bad at being good..Some dudes can do both and some can only be one way..Y'all are getting offended cause a group of us don't think he's a good heel, but there's nothing wrong with him not being able to pull of the heel role..He's just a person that should be a babyface..There's a huge list of people that tried to portray a certain mentality and couldn't pull it off well..And you guys keep thinking that me, and a couple others, are saying Seth is a bad wrestler when the exact opposite is true..He's probably the best wrestler in the company or at the very least top 3..His ring work is amazing..And he could easily be the very best Face in the company if he was allowed to do what his natural inclination is..

You're arguing two different things here. No one from what I read is under the impression that you don't think Seth can wrestle. Your consistent point is because Seth does cool moves, you can'tbuy him as a heel. Now you're misdirecting and talking about a heel supposed to be a bad guy, etc.

You're arguing two different things here. No one from what I read is under the impression that you don't think Seth can wrestle. Your consistent point is because Seth does cool moves, you can'tbuy him as a heel. Now you're misdirecting and talking about a heel supposed to be a bad guy, etc.

Right

It just seems like Case holds Seth to a different standard than some of the other wrestlers

Listening to the Braun Strowman podcast has me thinking about what big men in wrestling had above average to great mic skills...?
nerd.gif

The Big Show
Ernie Ladd
Kevin Nash
Undertaker (meh)

Any others in yalls opinion?
nerd.gif
This is a cool question

Paul White

Diesel

I think when Big Cass goes solo and turns heel he's gonna know the right buttons to press. So I want to put him here too

Taker is good all hate aside

SID VICIOUS 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I ran out of names lol