Wrestling Thread August 15th-20th/ Tonight NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn II At 8PM Eastern/ SummerSlam This

Well for full disclosure, I'm the type of guy who wears sports/superhero/band tees, so it's all the same to me, but these are just a few of the currents I regularly rotate:

View media item 2120532
(couldn't find a good pic)

View media item 2120533
(full disclosure, I colored in the little WW with black sharpie)

View media item 2120534

it's not the fact that they are wrestling shirts that's the issue, it's that the majority of the E's designs are ever so trash, featuring cringe+ catchphrases, overdesign (DAMN have they killed so many perfectly good shirts with some off-brand ******** on the back) and a general look like they belong at a K-Mart alongside shirts that say "Slugger Sports" and "Extreme Beach Patrol."

of course I have most of the standards...NWO, etc...but yeah if they made better shirts, I'd buy even more...they look cool enough, I like the subject matter and the ******* don't complain. case closed.
Solid post. Welcome. Also liked your Miz breakdown. Since you washed DC you have a home 4life.

Solid post. Welcome. Also liked your Miz breakdown. Since you washed DC you have a home 4life.
laugh.gif

I enjoyed Raw last night.

The ending was surprising to me. But glad they did that.

Currently my favorite routine spot in all of wrestling. Dude has been picking it up as of late. One of the more athletic dudes in the World as well.

They call it #OneMotion

@Peep Game

Last edited:
That is very mild compared to some of the high flying moves done in 2016.

I basically can't suspend enough disbelief for outside dives to make sense to me. Defensive wrestlers just stand there and wait to get dove on

That is very mild compared to some of the high flying moves done in 2016.

I basically can't suspend enough disbelief for outside dives to make sense to me. Defensive wrestlers just stand there and wait to get dove on
Yeah the suicide dive has become horrible. I can see if the wrestler on the outside was woozy and getting back to the feet then take the dive but just waiting on the opponent is dumb.

Irish whips in general don't even make sense. Why should someone boomerang back to you?

Why is it sometimes people hit the corner chest first when whipped into th3 corner?

Why don't people ever get whipped chest first into the ropes when a regular Irish whip is done?

Irish whips in general don't even make sense. Why should someone boomerang back to you?

Why is it sometimes people hit the corner chest first when whipped into th3 corner?

Why don't people ever get whipped chest first into the ropes when a regular Irish whip is done?

Lmao that would be mad funny to see somebody get chest first irish whipped into the ropes

Why does Fin Balor wiping his boots on your chest like a doormat warrant a 3 count?

Yeah the suicide dive has become horrible. I can see if the wrestler on the outside was woozy and getting back to the feet then take the dive but just waiting on the opponent is dumb.
Companies across the world need to have a suicide dive limit per card. It happens too much in ALL wtestling.

Chest first is the only option.

Even the big dudes do them man. The move doesn't even fit everyone's moveset/personality.

Like Big Mike Elgin dabbles in the diving world, FOR WHAT.

Cesaro too. He does the running somersault apron dive. For what?

-Irish whips work on the principle that returning to the opponent in an attack position is most advantageous, so wrestlers will often use the balance-disrupting initial throw as an opportunity to gather momentum for a rebound attack such as a clothesline or spear, or possibly some rope assisted moves for smaller competitors. A direct return presents the best chance of a successful counterattack and helps to provide the stable base necessary to initate some of the more advanced maneuvers, e.g. The Rock's flying DDT.

-Sometimes combatants hit the corner chest first trying to perform evasion tactics like an overhead rope flip or even an express route to the top rope. Bret Hart was among the first modern competitors to experiment with this concept, devising the idea in his advanced studies of ring mechanics, although his relative lack of elite athleticism meant he paid the price for it more often than not.

-Again, wrestlers should try to make their best efforts to face their opponent in an advantageous position at all times. Think of a MMA fighter losing his ideal position and dropping on his back to guard, a stance that can look counterintuitive to the outside observer but presents the skilled competitor with a number of options for potentially turning the situation on his opponent. For this reason, the instinct to turn away from the ropes when overpowered by an Irish Whip is drilled into young competitors from day one in wrestling school: "turn your back, prepare to attack!" Of course, it doesn't always work out that way...that's active competition for ya.

EDIT: I agree that suicide dives are overused by today's competitors. They've high-risk maneuvers that should only be employed in desperation or to offset the power of a larger opponent. I find the difficulty defensive wrestlers commonly have avoiding them mystifying, but that may be attributed to exhaustion or delayed reaction time due to anaerobic fatigue: remember, there are no time-outs or water breaks in the squared circle!

Last edited:
[emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] link please

Back
Top Bottom