Wrestling Thread Aug 26-Sep 8 | 9/2 RAW - Happy Labor Day

Guess that man in the middle:

View media item 557287

You guys should check out some old Dutch Mantell stuff with his whip "Shoo Baby." Had some classic matches with Lawler and in SMW.

Anyone listen to the live MLW podcast after Summerfest last week? Comparing MLW's podcast to Austin's is like apples to oranges. Both are good, just different flavors and although Austin is new, he does keep the listeners' attention. Catching part 2 of Austin's interview with Flair in a few on my commute home. He does exaggerate some stuff, him thinking that he was in Puerto Rico when Bruiser Brody was stabbed, but other than that, a really great listen.

Not big on the LAW's podcast and havent been following too much of Cabana's AOW. Any other good wrestling podcasts out there?

apparently Samuray Del Sol's NXT name will be...

Kalisto

so he's really signed then :lol:

Last edited:
--The site of the 2016 WrestleMania was decided today.  The site of the 2015 WrestleMania has not been decided yet, but it wouldn't surprise me if it's decided in the next two days.  I don't know who got 2016 but do know that the winning city was told to keep quiet.  The winning city for 2015 will also be told the same thing, and there was heat on Santa Clara for the mayor's office going public with the fact they were in line for 2015 in the local media.  

Remember how awesome last year's Bound For Glory Series was???

Not this year....

The entire thing is a mess because time is running out and of the 11 matches that would be necessary for each guy in a 12 man round-robin tournament, the guys have ranged from four to six matches completed with time running out.

So they are essentially dropping everything, doing the four matches this coming Thursday, and ending it from there with the top four point getters going to the 9/12 final four show.

On top of that....

Some changes in Impact again tonight.  Magnus will not be appearing on the show tonight due to a visa issue that is being taken care of but not in time for tonight.  He was scheduled for two matches, one against Frankie Kazarian for Xplosion and the other against Jeff Hardy, both for the Bound for Glory series.  Hardy will now face Kazarian

on Impact and Hernandez on Xplosion, both in the BFG series

On tonight's TV show, all BFG series matches

Austin Aries vs. Christopher Daniels

Hardy vs. Kazarian

A.J. Styles vs. Bobby Roode

The final four after tonight go to the 9/12 show in St. Louis.  The tournament ended up making zero sense as different guys have different numbers of matches and roughly half the matches never ended up taking place.

These are the points going in

Magnus 39

Roode 34

Daniels 30

Aries 28

Samoa Joe 26

Ken Anderson 24

Jeff Hardy 24

A.J. Styles 22

Kazarian 22

Joseph Park, Hernandez and Jay Bradley are all mathematically eliminated. 

TNA is a blatant mess
It's bad, real bad.  I used to be very confident that TNA would be around for the long term regardless of how bad their product was.  But with all of their financial issues and seemingly lack of leadership, If they were gone by mid 2014, I wouldn't be shocked in the least.

It's bad, real bad.  I used to be very confident that TNA would be around for the long term regardless of how bad their product was.  But with all of their financial issues and seemingly lack of leadership, If they were gone by mid 2014, I wouldn't be shocked in the least.

I think the last 2 years of the prediction contest I've said TNA will close..If it doesn't happen this year then I'll predict it again for '14..They just seem bound and determined to ride with Hogan and Bischoff til the end..And it sucks, because from a pure wrestling talent stand point they are far and away better than WWE..I think they went back to the 6 sided ring right now that it might be step in the right direction..

Zig Zag on Randall Keith

"Randy Orton seems to have had the machine behind him since day one, and now it's out in public where everyone can see, 'oh WWE has always been behind Randy Orton no matter what.' If you've been familiar with WWE for the last ten years, you would understand without Triple H coming up front and saying 'this is our handpicked guy' ... you would already know that they made up their mind about him a long time ago. No matter what he does, good or bad, they're behind him and they will go out of their way to cut people's legs out from under them to make sure Randy comes out looking great.

"I'm really happy for Randy - he's awesome. It makes me made how good he is. But the opportunity he gets over and over again makes that chip on my shoulder is going to be that much bigger. I want to let Triple H know that he backed the wrong guy for the last ten years, and no matter what I'm come out on top one way or another ... "I back the company as much as I can, but at some point some other people need some opporunities. Personally, on stage and out in public - Triple H going out of his way to let people know who they should cheer for and get behind, and that's just not how the WWE works."

:smh: :smh: :smh:

Holy ****. Fast forwarding through last week's Impact.  Brooke Tessmacher.  My God.

Damn. I regret not watching last week. She better be on tonight.

And I never cared for the 6 sided ring. If they're stupid enough to let hogan and bischoff steer the sinking ship then they deserve to get shutdown.

Zig Zag on Randall Keith
"Randy Orton seems to have had the machine behind him since day one, and now it's out in public where everyone can see, 'oh WWE has always been behind Randy Orton no matter what.' If you've been familiar with WWE for the last ten years, you would understand without Triple H coming up front and saying 'this is our handpicked guy' ... you would already know that they made up their mind about him a long time ago. No matter what he does, good or bad, they're behind him and they will go out of their way to cut people's legs out from under them to make sure Randy comes out looking great.

"I'm really happy for Randy - he's awesome. It makes me made how good he is. But the opportunity he gets over and over again makes that chip on my shoulder is going to be that much bigger. I want to let Triple H know that he backed the wrong guy for the last ten years, and no matter what I'm come out on top one way or another ... "I back the company as much as I can, but at some point some other people need some opporunities. Personally, on stage and out in public - Triple H going out of his way to let people know who they should cheer for and get behind, and that's just not how the WWE works."
mean.gif
mean.gif
mean.gif
Dolph better chill out as far as public comments are concerned.

The dolph "comments" sound about as kayfabe as can be.
Seems like a convenient thing to say given the current storyline

I think they would take Hardy back in a heartbeat just because of the merchandise sales. Angle would love to go back but I don't think they'd have any interest in him.

Back
Top Bottom