Wrestling Thread Apr 29 - May 12 | 5/11 All Time Great Kenta Kobashi's Final Match

Very good match.  Better than anything you ever see on Raw.  Could have easily been a PPV match.  Lots of back and forth.  Cesaro got plenty of offense in.  Cesaro had Orton in a front facelock, and out of nowhere Orton popped out, hit the RKO and got the win.

Do you think it helped to make Cesaro look credible in the eyes of casual viewers?

In a sense I think it would. Going move for move in a kinda long match with a top tier star ain't that bad. And the finish came out of nowhere so that helps too. Well, Cesaro losing this way seems better than jobbing to other mid-carders and yodeling.

Very good match.  Better than anything you ever see on Raw.  Could have easily been a PPV match.  Lots of back and forth.  Cesaro got plenty of offense in.  Cesaro had Orton in a front facelock, and out of nowhere Orton popped out, hit the RKO and got the win.
Do you think it helped to make Cesaro look credible in the eyes of casual viewers?
In a sense I think it would. Going move for move in a kinda long match with a top tier star ain't that bad. And the finish came out of nowhere so that helps too. Well, Cesaro losing this way seems better than jobbing to other mid-carders and yodeling.
It all depends imo.  Barrett had good matches with Orton and Sheamus, but he lost over and over and over until Barrett was a joke no matter how good the matches were.  If Cesaro loses 100x to Orton, it will be the same deal.

Well this is interesting
See, my main problem with this was that it was THE belt. Why THE belt? The same one worn by Hogan, Sting, Flair, etc? They couldn't have had dude sneak in and win the Hardcore belt or something? (Always thought that was a good idea for an angle.) Team up with a monster and win the Tag belts? Buy the TV title from somebody? SOMETHING else besides what happened. I'm probably in the minority, but this was a decent idea...just with the worst possible execution.

great match by cesaro and orton last night

Main Event is quickly becoming my favorite wrasslin program

It all depends imo.  Barrett had good matches with Orton and Sheamus, but he lost over and over and over until Barrett was a joke no matter how good the matches were.  If Cesaro loses 100x to Orton, it will be the same deal.

Forgot all about Barrett lol! But yeah, hopefully Cesaro gets the push that he rightfully deserves.

I went to an ROH show back in February and could never find the name of this chick with Truth Martini. (http://niketalk.com/t/525261/wwe-el...chamber-ppv-pred-contest/640_20#post_17244944). They finally said her name on ROH TV and well, here she is.

I'd like to introduce Scarlett Bordeaux to the NTWT:
:wow:

Last edited:
I went to an ROH show back in February and could never find the name of this chick with Truth Martini. (http://niketalk.com/t/525261/wwe-el...chamber-ppv-pred-contest/640_20#post_17244944). They finally said her name on ROH TV and well, here she is.

Repped :smokin

Repped,first pic screamed AWG,you came through though.

Well damn. What promotion is she from?

Kinda looks like a more mature lookin Ariana Grande.

Damn :evil:

Im eventually going to bone her.

You'll see, don't say I didn't call it.

Looking up Wrestling Observer awards right now:

DBry has won best technical wrestler the last 7 years.

Last ROY in WWE was 1986 (Bam Bam Bigelow)

Last time WWE won promotion of the year was 2000

Best Weekly Television Show: Raw last won it in 2004, SD has won it in '09 & '11

Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic: WWE has won it 20 of last 21 yrs.

Worst Worked Match of the Year: WWE has won it 8 of last 11 yrs

Worst Feud of the Year: WWE has won it 12 straight years

Worst Promotion of the Year: TNA last 6 years

:lol:

They do love their international promotions, though.

Last edited:
Looking up Wrestling Observer awards right now:

DBry has won best technical wrestler the last 7 years.

Last ROY in WWE was 1986 (Bam Bam Bigelow)

Last time WWE won promotion of the year was 2000

Best Weekly Television Show: Raw last won it in 2004, SD has won it in '09 & '11

Most Disgusting Promotional Tactic: WWE has won it 20 of last 21 yrs.

Worst Worked Match of the Year: WWE has won it 8 of last 11 yrs

Worst Feud of the Year: WWE has won it 12 straight years

Worst Promotion of the Year: TNA last 6 years

laugh.gif

They do love their international promotions, though.
Do you even know how these awards are decided?

I think they're a great act. Not entirely sure if they're as redneck as they portray on tv, but after seeing jay's twitter, it's entirely possible that's how they really are.

Back
Top Bottom