Wrestling Thread Apr 29 - May 12 | 5/11 All Time Great Kenta Kobashi's Final Match

Dolph Ziggler's concussion suffered on Tuesday night was so severe that he has no memory of Raw.

"I didn't even remember Monday until I watched Raw when I got home," he said in a WWE.com interview.  "I don't even remember traveling form Raw to Smackdown.  I don't remember Tuesday.  I remember A.J.  and Big E taking me to the airport on Wednesday morning."

Ziggler said the injury, which aired on tonight's Smackdown show, apparently took place when he bent over to grab a ladder and Jack Swagger kicked him in the head.  He said he had a bad headache on Thursday, but today it's only a slight headache.

He said it was the worst concussion he's suffered in his career.  Ziggler was diagnosed with retrograde amnesia and may be getting a CT scan done in a few days.

Ziggler won't be returning to the ring until he can pass imPact testing, which he hopes won't be long.  Regarding the 5/19 PPV, there is no definite answer either way.

Story is at http://www.wwe.com/inside/dolph-ziggler-suffers-concussion-26113883

We all said that one of these days he was seriously going to get hurt doing a spot in the ring. I wouldn't blame Swagger for the kick like some of you will. A kick from del Rio or Bryan of whom he has fought as of late could have done the same thing.

We all said that one of these days he was seriously going to get hurt doing a spot in the ring. I wouldn't blame Swagger for the kick like some of you will. A kick from del Rio or Bryan of whom he has fought as of late could have done the same thing.
Word.

Swagger gets so much unwarranted hate from the IWC.  Hating Swagger is the IT thing to do like loving Cesaro and Ziggler.

Word.

Swagger gets so much unwarranted hate from the IWC.  Hating Swagger is the IT thing to do like loving Cesaro and Ziggler.
Disagree.  Swagger has a strong reputation of being careless in the ring.  Big difference between not liking a guy because you think he sucks and not liking a guy because he hurts people.

4Wrestling, if you had to be stuck in a cell with either the Miz or Ryder, who would you choose?

4Wrestling, if you had to be stuck in a cell with either the Miz or Ryder, who would you choose?
woo woo guy.  I don't necessarily hate him.  I laugh at him as a geek and a failure.

miz I legitimately hate everything about.

The biggest show of the weekend is in Japan, with the end of the career of Kenta Kobashi, in a show Saturday at Budokan Hall in Tokyo. Unlike most retirements in wrestling which are gimmicks, Kobashi really has been retired for some time and this is more official ceremonial. I've been studying back on Kobashi's career this past week and you can argue where he places on the list of all-time greats, but there is no argument he's high on the list, particularly inside the ring. He's also as gutsy a performer as there has been, coming back from more surgeries than perhaps any wrestler in history, as well as from cancer. The main event is Kobashi & Jun Akiyama & Keiji Muto & Kensuke Sasaki as the surviving legends of the 90s against KENTA & Go Shiozaki & Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Maybach Taniguchi, who are all wrestlers who Kobashi helped start out.

Kenta Kobashi's retirement match was held earlier today at Budokan Hall in Tokyo.  It was literally impossible to attend late (as one of our readers found out) as not just the arena, but every closed-circuit showing in Tokyo was sold out ahead of time.

Kobashi & Jun Akiyama & Keiji Muto & Kensuke Sasaki beat KENTA & Go Shoizaki & Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Maybach Taniguchi (all proteges of sorts of Kobashi) when Kobashi pinned Kanemaru with his last moonasult.  

There was a very teary eyed post-match interview and celebration with Kobashi thanking everyone saying he had the greatest career possible.  Family members were introduced.  There was also a loud "Misawa" chant.

Sin Cara returned from his latest knee injury last night in Shreveport.  Sin Cara teamed with Bo Dallas & Adrian Neville beating Michael McGillicutty & Titus O'Neil & Darren Young.

Tix go on sale next week for the first raw at the Barclays center. No presale for this event? Definitely trying to get the best seats I can especially if punk and dolph are back by then.

The biggest show of the weekend is in Japan, with the end of the career of Kenta Kobashi, in a show Saturday at Budokan Hall in Tokyo. Unlike most retirements in wrestling which are gimmicks, Kobashi really has been retired for some time and this is more official ceremonial. I've been studying back on Kobashi's career this past week and you can argue where he places on the list of all-time greats, but there is no argument he's high on the list, particularly inside the ring. He's also as gutsy a performer as there has been, coming back from more surgeries than perhaps any wrestler in history, as well as from cancer. The main event is Kobashi & Jun Akiyama & Keiji Muto & Kensuke Sasaki as the surviving legends of the 90s against KENTA & Go Shiozaki & Yoshinobu Kanemaru & Maybach Taniguchi, who are all wrestlers who Kobashi helped start out.

Son, did you just decide to basically copy & paste the Friday update on f4wonline.com or nah?

Anyways, the show ended and Johnny Ace appeared VIA satellite.

--At today's Kenta Kobashi retirement show, they held the retirement ceremony after the third match.  Among those there were Takeshi Rikio, Toshiaki Kawada (a surprise), Sen. Hiroshi Hase, former Prime Minster Yoshihiko Noda, Masahiro Chono, Masa Fuchi, Akira Taue, Mitsuo Momota and a member of Japanese superstar rock band AKB48.  They also had a statement from John Laurinaitis (who was Kobashi's tag team partner in the 90s on-and-off for years) and Stan Hansen.  Lots of people were crying during the ceremony and after the show.  The reports on the show were great to fantastic, saying it was exactly what everyone wanted it to be, a legend looking great in his final match.  Everyone was in particular raving about exchanges with Kensuke Sasaki and Go Shiozaki in the main event.

As for the show, the undercard matches were there to not outshine the main event, which came off excellent in the building.  As noted earlier every location (Budokan Hall and movie theaters around the city) in Tokyo was sold out and people who decided to go to the theaters that day were out of luck as no tickets were available in the entire city.  I haven't heard anything about movie theaters outside of Tokyo other than a report from Yokohama was they sold out the theater as well.

Damn Jo-Jo is a problem.
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom