Wrestling Thread Apr 13-30 | 4/28 King of the Ring Finals Live on WWE Network @ 8pm et: BNB, Truth,

-As we’ve been reporting over the last couple of weeks, Total Divas star Eva Marie has been training with former WWE Superstar Brian Kendrick on improving every aspect of her in-ring game.

While Eva has been very popular with Total Divas viewers – and that’s generally a totally different demographic than RAW – she has received a ton of negative feedback, especially from more vocal cities when working WWE main roster shows. There were reports in 2014 of her working an NXT dark match, and the Full Sail University crowd “ripping her to pieces” during her performance.

It’s not as if the company is unaware of the situation, and Eva has stated publicly in the past that the way she is viewed and treated by some WWE fans can be frustrating (and downright cruel) at times. The issue really is that somebody in WWE saw an attractive model with the look of a dark-haired Kelly Kelly, and wanted to push her to the moon as quickly as possible. With Total Divas picking up steam and becoming a huge success for the company, Eva became one of the most talked about girls on that show, and it was a case of her becoming too big of a TV star before she was actually a pro wrestler. Obviously, fans are becoming a lot less tolerant of that approach to women in WWE.

As it stands, the highers ups in WWE still have a vision for Eva Marie as a top star. With Total Divas, and the women being involved more and more in other roles, that may not mean she has to be the best of the best in-ring workers, but Brian Kendrick has been working with her consistently, the goal being to change people’s minds about Eva and the way she perceived in wrestling.

Last edited:
- We noted before that UFC President Dana White said Ronda Rousey would not be wrestling any matches for WWE and this caused “shock” among the WWE creative team as they’ve been hoping for a single match with Rousey vs. Stephanie McMahon at WrestleMania 32.

One source noted to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter that White’s comments threw the company off as they considered her to be a given for next year in some form, even though White had not signed off on any matches.

WWE reportedly has already been working on videos that involved Rousey and Stephanie was going to talk about Rousey during her WWE Network podcast with Chris Jericho this Thursday night.

The feeling within WWE is that Rousey wrestling is not a dead deal as they have plenty of time to figure something out. WWE did want to do a small angle with Rousey later this year, possibly at Hell In a Cell, but it remains to be seen if that will happen.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

- WWE Hall of Famer Ric Flair will be launching his podcast very soon. His first guest looks to be Kurt Angle and they may be recording the interview this week.

- Regarding former WWE Superstar Brian Kendrick training Eva Marie, one person familiar with their training notes that Kendrick is about to get people to respect Eva. WWE will be re-introducing Eva as a wrestler some time this year and as noted, WWE feels she can be a top star long-term like Lana.

- WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins no longer using the Curb Stomp as his main finisher may have something to do with advice from WWE legal, perhaps due to fallout from concussion lawsuits.

- Both Randy Orton and WWE United States Champion John Cena are off this weekend’s WWE live events. One tour will be headlined by Ryback, Dean Ambrose and Rusev while the other will be headlined by Roman Reigns vs. WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins. Injured Intercontinental Champion Daniel Bryan was scheduled to headline the tour with Ryback until he was pulled from the road.

- We noted before that both Samoa Joe and Jim Ross were in Orlando for last week’s WWE NXT tapings and that Joe met with Triple H about coming into the company. Joe is still expected to start with NXT in June but it was described to The Wrestling Observer Newsletter as not confirmed for June just yet. This could be due to the various pre-signing tests talents have to go through. Ross also talked with the company about working on different projects together while he was there.

-Multiple sources have confirmed recent reports that WWE is considering a Total Divas spinoff reality TV show with Daniel Bryan, John Cena and The Bella Twins.

WWE giving The Bellas and Cena their own show is WWE’s way of compromising with Cena. However, it’s said that Cena’s team is pushing for him to still try and get his own TV show without WWE being involved.

Officials at E! are said to be uninterested, at least for now, on the idea of Total Divas essentially breaking off into two shows but WWE officials are well aware that they need to try and do something big to keep Cena happy if they’re going to stop him from pursuing his own projects outside of the company. WWE obviously wants Cena to be with them for many more years.

WWE officials are also counting on the Bellas being happy with the arrangement with the idea that it will put pressure on Cena to get on-board.

That sounds awful, the Bella's stink.

And based on that news, they are gonna treat Eva like Roman Reigns and try to get her over whether they like it or not. I applaud that the wrestling training is gonna be apart of that, but they're basically giving Kendrick the female Khali and asking him to turn her into Kurt Angle. That should be a show itself instead of a Bella's spinoff.

Last edited:
Big push for Lana coming.
Baywatch man? Seriously?
- Regarding former WWE Superstar Brian Kendrick training Eva Marie, one person familiar with their training notes that Kendrick is about to get people to respect Eva. WWE will be re-introducing Eva as a wrestler some time this year and as noted, WWE feels she can be a top star long-term like Lana.

If he can do it, more power to him. But again, she hasn't been training for that long. She shouldn't be on TV any time soon. But I always enjoy seeing folks develop. Hope she goes down to NXT first and not go right back up to the main roster
-Multiple sources have confirmed recent reports that WWE is considering a Total Divas spinoff reality TV show with Daniel Bryan, John Cena and The Bella Twins.
indifferent.gif

Missed most of Raw and I've been MIA from the thread since Monday.

Catching up now, that gif of Naomi pie-facing the **** outta Brie is comedy.
laugh.gif
mean.gif

Speaking of Naomi I like her new theme.
pimp.gif
Really haven't seen any of her matches since she turned heel so I can't gauge how she's doing so far.

Those Kaitlyn gifs, lawd.
devil.gif

WWE giving The Bellas and Cena their own show is WWE’s way of compromising with Cena. However, it’s said that Cena’s team is pushing for him to still try and get his own TV show without WWE being involved.

Officials at E! are said to be uninterested, at least for now, on the idea of Total Divas essentially breaking off into two shows but WWE officials are well aware that they need to try and do something big to keep Cena happy if they’re going to stop him from pursuing his own projects outside of the company. WWE obviously wants Cena to be with them for many more years.

WWE officials are also counting on the Bellas being happy with the arrangement with the idea that it will put pressure on Cena to get on-board.

So Maijin Cena wants to further develop his brand outside of the WWE? What happened to all that I'm a pro wrestler crap he was spittting during his feud with the Great One! Hypocrite!

Came back last night. Had a blast
laugh.gif

Didnt smash. Met this chick from Toronto my last night that was there with her mom. Laid some good groundwork but ultimately it was just too little too late (met late in the night and she wound up dipping to her room with her mom). If I had one more day or met earlier in the night I would've closed. She had ultimates as DC would say. Blonde hair. Really cute face.

Just ran out of time. I needed one more day word to:

Damn, yall dudes are meeting girls and taking them and their mothers out to dinner within a 10 hour period? 
grin.gif

What's up fellas. Took a break from the interwebs and celebrated my fossil *** birthday yesterday.

Played hooky and chilled with the wife for the day then had Cuban for dinner with our son. 3 more weeks til my first seed is born.

Survey results up? Who won KOTR? How many times did the batmobile catch a flat? (What album is that from? Yeah I said album).

Presale is live for the Thursday night NXT show in Philly but idk what the dam sections are when the tix come up[/quote
did you see my post earlier. they added a Friday show as well.

I know they added a Fri show. Presale starts today at 10am if I'm not mistaken. I just don't wanna buy crappy seats, its just hard to tell from the sections where everything is

What's up fellas. Took a break from the interwebs and celebrated my fossil *** birthday yesterday.

Played hooky and chilled with the wife for the day then had Cuban for dinner with our son. 3 more weeks til my first seed is born.

Survey results up? Who won KOTR? How many times did the batmobile catch a flat? (What album is that from? Yeah I said album).

Bad News won KOTR.

And happy belated furiousstylezz furiousstylezz :pimp:

Last edited:
Came back last night. Had a blast :lol:

Didnt smash. Met this chick from Toronto my last night that was there with her mom. Laid some good groundwork but ultimately it was just too little too late (met late in the night and she wound up dipping to her room with her mom). If I had one more day or met earlier in the night I would've closed. She had ultimates as DC would say. Blonde hair. Really cute face.

Just ran out of time. I needed one more day word to:

Damn, yall dudes are meeting girls and taking them and their mothers out to dinner within a 10 hour period? >D
it was hilarious. we were in the bar/lobby lounge area. her and her mom were sitting at the bar but then went to the balcony across from the bar which was really small only had 2 tables. so these 4 dudes like mid 30s go out there and just chew their ears off for 2 hours. i wasn't gonna force the issue/join the circle jerk of morons failing so i waited for her to dip to the bathroom. soon as i saw her get up and walk out i got a head start and anticipated her walking in my direction. she did and when we were next to each other i spit game to her. it was just too late in the night. she was tired from those dudes boring her and the bar/lounge closes the lights when it closes so i couldn't blame her for not wanting to stay down with the gawd after only meeting me for 10 minutes. 1 more day and I'm in there like EA sports its in the game.

it was hilarious. we were in the bar/lobby lounge area. her and her mom were sitting at the bar but then went to the balcony across from the bar which was really small only had 2 tables. so these 4 dudes like mid 30s go out there and just chew their ears off for 2 hours. i wasn't gonna force the issue/join the circle jerk of morons failing so i waited for her to dip to the bathroom. soon as i saw her get up and walk out i got a head start and anticipated her walking in my direction. she did and when we were next to each other i spit game to her. it was just too late in the night. she was tired from those dudes boring her and the bar/lounge closes the lights when it closes so i couldn't blame her for not wanting to stay down with the gawd after only meeting me for 10 minutes. 1 more day and I'm in there like EA sports its in the game.

How did the Mom look?

Might catch the Steph interview during the weekend.

NFL Draft, Bulls and Spurs clinching tonight have all my attention.

Back
Top Bottom