Wrestling Thread 6/27-7/3 | 6/27 CM Punk Cuts The Best WWE Promo in the Past 10 Years To Close Raw

why didn't they just wait and record overseas next week? definitely takes steam away.

30t6p3b.gif
@ hbk burying wcw

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

So what are the chances of Punk actually being with the company after MIB?

I wouldn't be surprised if Punk has already signed a new contract and they're just leaking out all this contract drama along with Punks tweets to trick the Internet fans. You know Vince/Punk loves nothing more than to play around with the IWC

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

So what are the chances of Punk actually being with the company after MIB?

I wouldn't be surprised if Punk has already signed a new contract and they're just leaking out all this contract drama along with Punks tweets to trick the Internet fans. You know Vince/Punk loves nothing more than to play around with the IWC

It's intriguing that regardless of if Punk's diatribe was a shoot or not, in burying his current company, he also showed exactly why he is their most important and should be seen as indispensable. I am sure the reaction backstage from other wrestlers had to be something like "oh, ***!! We have work to do. This guy has a foot out the door and killed us"

It's intriguing that regardless of if Punk's diatribe was a shoot or not, in burying his current company, he also showed exactly why he is their most important and should be seen as indispensable. I am sure the reaction backstage from other wrestlers had to be something like "oh, ***!! We have work to do. This guy has a foot out the door and killed us"

I know I'm biased but I wouldn't be surprised if HHH helped to get this angle off the ground. He knows how to play the game..no pun intended. And the game they're playing is good. Just hope the WWE plays their cards right.

I know I'm biased but I wouldn't be surprised if HHH helped to get this angle off the ground. He knows how to play the game..no pun intended. And the game they're playing is good. Just hope the WWE plays their cards right.

Originally Posted by hymen man

One thing that is for certain is that Punk brought Wrestling into the Mainstream in 7 minutes of work, if they don't resign this dude off of this alone, not including his in ring ability and everything else he has done for this company.

Reading through everybody's reactions/thoughts/ideas, which are all very interesting/good. Hymen here summed it up perfectly. 7 minutes. 7 minutes on a rather lack luster "normal" Monday night Raw and CM Punk set the world on fire to where even casual wrestling fans are coming out of the blue asking "what happened? who's CM Punk?" It was just a passionate promo, something that is lacking big time in wrestling. People can come in here and say oh John Cena has passion, The Miz has passion etc. and you know what they are right, but their passion is different. Their passion is marketing, their passion is going to talk show after talk show, movie after movie, tv show after tv show. Get your name out there plug the PPV and work on wrestling/mic skills second. Punk's passion always has been and always will be WRESTLING which is why he and guys like Jericho are the best in ALL aspects of the game.
I'm glad we're all back talking about this again and gotta give credit to WWE even though we bash on the writers/Vince a lot, they have given us something to talk about yet again, odds are they will blow it because their rep. as of late shows it, but it shows us that they still have creative juices in them but can't seem to prolong them. I am very interested to see Money in the Bank and honestly I might even order the damn thing which for me anyways is saying a lot. Hopefully it is something we all remember.

Oh and if all this enormous build up, all of this enormous hype, ends in John Cena making Punk tap in the middle of the ring with the STF after an Attitude Adjustment and the show goes off the air... 
indifferent.gif
 ... Don't even act like this is NOT a remote possibility either.

Originally Posted by hymen man

One thing that is for certain is that Punk brought Wrestling into the Mainstream in 7 minutes of work, if they don't resign this dude off of this alone, not including his in ring ability and everything else he has done for this company.

Reading through everybody's reactions/thoughts/ideas, which are all very interesting/good. Hymen here summed it up perfectly. 7 minutes. 7 minutes on a rather lack luster "normal" Monday night Raw and CM Punk set the world on fire to where even casual wrestling fans are coming out of the blue asking "what happened? who's CM Punk?" It was just a passionate promo, something that is lacking big time in wrestling. People can come in here and say oh John Cena has passion, The Miz has passion etc. and you know what they are right, but their passion is different. Their passion is marketing, their passion is going to talk show after talk show, movie after movie, tv show after tv show. Get your name out there plug the PPV and work on wrestling/mic skills second. Punk's passion always has been and always will be WRESTLING which is why he and guys like Jericho are the best in ALL aspects of the game.
I'm glad we're all back talking about this again and gotta give credit to WWE even though we bash on the writers/Vince a lot, they have given us something to talk about yet again, odds are they will blow it because their rep. as of late shows it, but it shows us that they still have creative juices in them but can't seem to prolong them. I am very interested to see Money in the Bank and honestly I might even order the damn thing which for me anyways is saying a lot. Hopefully it is something we all remember.

Oh and if all this enormous build up, all of this enormous hype, ends in John Cena making Punk tap in the middle of the ring with the STF after an Attitude Adjustment and the show goes off the air... 
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by Captain Charisma85

indifferent.gif
I really want to buy MITB but the thought of this happening makes me shudder at the thought of doing so.

Originally Posted by Captain Charisma85

indifferent.gif
I really want to buy MITB but the thought of this happening makes me shudder at the thought of doing so.

Three things.

One- Bryan Alvarez said that Punk should leave with the title, which results in Cena being fired. Punk plays hardball to come back with the belt, which results in him coming back with the Kings of Wrestling, and maybe Paul Heyman for name value - somehow Cena is rehired, and not only is he after Punk, but so is Alberto Del Rio. I really like this idea. Also, I need to get an observer subscription.

Two- Just a thought. Why was last nights promo so good? Because of a lot of different reasons. Here's one I just thought of now..Punk never insinuated wrestling was fake. There is nothing worse than when a wrestler does a worked shoot along the lines of "Management made me job and I was scripted to lose but now I'm pissed off and tonight I'm really going to beat you". Punk talked about not getting the same opportunities to make money like Cena and because he wasn't one of managements favorites. He never said anything that would make you think this whole show is fake, though.

Three-

idiotdoofus.png

Three things.

One- Bryan Alvarez said that Punk should leave with the title, which results in Cena being fired. Punk plays hardball to come back with the belt, which results in him coming back with the Kings of Wrestling, and maybe Paul Heyman for name value - somehow Cena is rehired, and not only is he after Punk, but so is Alberto Del Rio. I really like this idea. Also, I need to get an observer subscription.

Two- Just a thought. Why was last nights promo so good? Because of a lot of different reasons. Here's one I just thought of now..Punk never insinuated wrestling was fake. There is nothing worse than when a wrestler does a worked shoot along the lines of "Management made me job and I was scripted to lose but now I'm pissed off and tonight I'm really going to beat you". Punk talked about not getting the same opportunities to make money like Cena and because he wasn't one of managements favorites. He never said anything that would make you think this whole show is fake, though.

Three-

idiotdoofus.png

****ROCK CLAPPING GIF****

Greatest Promo hands down. He is always and will be my favorite from today. Only reason why I can still get into this.

EDIT- and Cena actually sold his injuries throughout the whole thing

****ROCK CLAPPING GIF****

Greatest Promo hands down. He is always and will be my favorite from today. Only reason why I can still get into this.

EDIT- and Cena actually sold his injuries throughout the whole thing

remember that time when the bushwackers were fighting the the nasty boys and they had earthquake and the bushwackers had typhoon
then they BOTH TURNED ON THEIR TEAMS and made the natural disasters?

man.... those were the days

and remember when undertaker stopped jake the snake tried to hit miss elizabeth with a chair and then him and macho man were friends and he turned from heel to babyface

man.... what the hell is this crap today?

remember that time when the bushwackers were fighting the the nasty boys and they had earthquake and the bushwackers had typhoon
then they BOTH TURNED ON THEIR TEAMS and made the natural disasters?

man.... those were the days

and remember when undertaker stopped jake the snake tried to hit miss elizabeth with a chair and then him and macho man were friends and he turned from heel to babyface

man.... what the hell is this crap today?

I actually think HHH had no part of this. Maybe knew this was coming from script and said sure ok but I think he had no real part in the idea.

I just think the WWE knows what they have with punk and let him go off. Shawn and Cm Punk do not have a great relationship and When Punk had his "Cult Esq" storyline, it was HHH (after Shawn told him) who stopped certain things about the storyline Punk created. I just think he has the top guy you need in your corner in the WWE right now and that's SCSA. I think besides the Undertaker, the only other guy respected from that group is SCSA when it comes to HHH and Shawn.

I just think this is all common knowledge that Punk is not well liked. But neither was Shawn at the stage Punk is in right now. Why do you think (besides his killing show) Shawn was brought in on RAW???? Kinda interesting from that standpoint.

I actually think HHH had no part of this. Maybe knew this was coming from script and said sure ok but I think he had no real part in the idea.

I just think the WWE knows what they have with punk and let him go off. Shawn and Cm Punk do not have a great relationship and When Punk had his "Cult Esq" storyline, it was HHH (after Shawn told him) who stopped certain things about the storyline Punk created. I just think he has the top guy you need in your corner in the WWE right now and that's SCSA. I think besides the Undertaker, the only other guy respected from that group is SCSA when it comes to HHH and Shawn.

I just think this is all common knowledge that Punk is not well liked. But neither was Shawn at the stage Punk is in right now. Why do you think (besides his killing show) Shawn was brought in on RAW???? Kinda interesting from that standpoint.

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

- WWE has removed CM Punk’s profile from their website. Also for what it’s worth, all of Punk’s Nexus t-shirts on WWE’s shop website, except the 3x and 4x sizes, are sold out.
Since 2 mos ago

Originally Posted by GotHolesInMySocks

- WWE has removed CM Punk’s profile from their website. Also for what it’s worth, all of Punk’s Nexus t-shirts on WWE’s shop website, except the 3x and 4x sizes, are sold out.
Since 2 mos ago

Back
Top Bottom