Wrestling Thread 6/23-7/13 | 7/7 Raw - Cena v Rollins, Jericho v miz, Santino Retires

Smackdown used to be such a great show man.

I know there isn't talk of it now, but does anyone think the company could benefit from a seperate roster between RAW and Smackdown? Smackdown can be the workhorse show and RAW can be THE show? Like it used to be?
There aren't enough guys on the roster for that to work. Got to remember they had all the new WCW & ECW guys they had to find time for back when the split first occurred.
I'd rather they do a "soft" brand split where certain higher level guys just don't appear on Smackdown and the midcarder guys have actual programs instead of just a random match on RAW every other week. They'd still be able to be on RAW though. For example, Ziggler, Ryback, Kofi, Barrett, Swagger, Big E, Rusev, etc. would have actual programs going on.

I'd rather they do a "soft" brand split where certain higher level guys just don't appear on Smackdown and the midcarder guys have actual programs instead of just a random match on RAW every other week. They'd still be able to be on RAW though. For example, Ziggler, Ryback, Kofi, Barrett, Swagger, Big E, Rusev, etc. would have actual programs going on.​

very good idea

I'd rather they do a "soft" brand split where certain higher level guys just don't appear on Smackdown and the midcarder guys have actual programs instead of just a random match on RAW every other week. They'd still be able to be on RAW though. For example, Ziggler, Ryback, Kofi, Barrett, Swagger, Big E, Rusev, etc. would have actual programs going on.​
Makes sense Meek. I like that idea. So folks like Cena, Orton, Roman wouldn't be on Smackdown at all right? Folks on that top teir

There aren't enough guys on the roster for that to work. Got to remember they had all the new WCW & ECW guys they had to find time for back when the split first occurred.

It was so sad they had such a deep roster at that point yet still found a way to sabotage there own stuff. Are there any other companies that purposely embarrass their employees and stymie their own product, then act surprised when they lose money?

But you need the top tier guys to sell tickets. The bottom line is more important to Vince than good storytelling and matches.

Damn.

BNB really cant catch a break.

But Zig about to turnup now 
smokin.gif

nope give jeans ic belt over noodle hair too fragile

Makes sense Meek. I like that idea. So folks like Cena, Orton, Roman wouldn't be on Smackdown at all right? Folks on that top teir
 ​
Yeah. It makes Smackdown something more than Diet Raw and also gives you even more reason to watch Raw. One of the cool of the brand split was that you could only see certain people on certain shows.​
 ​
But you need the top tier guys to sell tickets. The bottom line is more important to Vince than good storytelling and matches.
 ​
Maybe have the top tier guys be in dark matches to sell tickets to the live crowd but not on TV.​
Hopefully Bo get's BNB's spot in the MITB match if he can't go...
 ​
That pre-match promo would be gold. Telling Barrett to Bolieve and he'll get better.​
 ​
Only thing is I don't want them to put him in it if he's gonna lose, like I said, they should give him a Goldberg-like streak, they've never done it with a non-"powerhouse" type dude.​
 ​
I hope they keep Barrett on TV so he doesn't lose his heat/spot. I read Barrett, Wyatt, and Reigns were at the top of Vince's "list". Also hope that the injury isn't serious.​
 ​
BTW, random question, for those that have been to house shows, what "set" do they use? Raw or Smackdown?​

Last edited:

​
That pre-match promo would be gold. Telling Barrett to Bolieve and he'll get better.​
 ​
Only thing is I don't want them to put him in it if he's gonna lose, like I said, they should give him a Goldberg-like streak, they've never done it with a non-"powerhouse" type dude.​
 ​
I​
pimp.gif

I've always liked the Texas Cloverleaf, especially the elevated one. Except when Sheamus does it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom