Wrestling Thread 6/23-7/13 | 7/7 Raw - Cena v Rollins, Jericho v miz, Santino Retires

Nah I'm with case...I would destroy Nattie's cheeks while Tyson Kidd quietly weeps in the corner.

Last edited:
Fandango's gimmick struck me as odd for a while but eventually I got used to it. I don't think I can say the same for Adam Rose and Bo Dallas.

I would kill for one of those Four Horsemen crewnecks.
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nthat.gif
nerd.gif

If someone could compile all of the NBA comparisons and paste them into an email and send them to me @ [email protected] - I would appreciate it.

I will send them to MLW and Cheap Heat and see if they can read it on the air. I CAN do it if nobody steps up. But there have been some great comparisons. Too many to rep. Here are my contributions.

Sabu = Allen Iverson
Both are very exciting performers. But both are rebels and like to do things their own way. Also, both have been accused of not "playing the game the right way."

John Cena = Kobe
Both had to daunting task of filling the shoes of those of the previous generation and have held their own. (Stone Cold/Rock + Jordan). People constantly compare their accomplishments to those previous stars and often use the, "Back when ____ was around the NBA/WWE was so much better."

Len Bias = Owen Hart
Of course both died at young ages. But what is also interesting is how people make the assumption that they would have been better than two other established all time greats. In Bias's situation, it is Jordan. For Owen, it is Bret. Now, I am not saying either wouldn't have been better than those two but people always find a way to make those assumptions.

Isaiah Thomas: Kyrie Irving
Daniel Bryan: Roman Reigns
While there isn't as much fanfare for Baby Zeke as there is for Daniel Bryan, I feel like Kyrie and Roman have been labeled the future without having shown they are capable of being THE future. I feel like Isaiah Thomas is just as good as Kyrie. I feel like Daniel Bryan is just as "good" as Roman Reigns. But the "machine" in both the NBA/WWE have their minds set that Kyrie and Roman are the next big stars. Kyrie was a 2nd round Draft pick at #60. Daniel Bryan was an independent wrestling legend. So because they aren't coming in with the amount of hype as Kyrie/Roman, the perception of "who is better" often comes from a biased POV.

Who can we compare Rollins to
Seth Rollins = Eric Bledsoe

Pure athletes. High Flyers. While in a supporting role (Shield/Clippers) people saw flashes of brilliance. People knew, "Once they were on their own they would shine." In the shadows of Reigns/Ambrose/CP3, they didn't get the National attention that the stat geeks/smarks knew they deserved. Now they are on their own and the world is starting to see their greatness. Lack of character probably gets in the way of marketability potential.

PS: Listen to the new Bullet Club Podcast. Pure entertainment man.

Last edited:
Bo Dallas =1999 Avery Johnson

Might not have the most talent around but can sure make anyone on his team run through a wall.

Back
Top Bottom