Wrestling Thread 6/23-7/13 | 7/7 Raw - Cena v Rollins, Jericho v miz, Santino Retires

Can we discuss Starrcade 97? Specifically the sting vs hogan match?

I was born in 92 so I don't know too much about the context of this PPV but the match itself was pretty dissapointing. Year long buildup for a finish like that. They even messed up stings music
Yea we an discuss it. Also, go listen to the Review A Wai from the LAW on the card

It might just be me and my nitpicking of details but am I the only one who thinks they messed up Sting’s music. They had the opening monologue than restarted the beat. Just had no fluidity.

Idk, it’s obviously one of the biggest moments if not THE biggest moment in WCWs history up until that point. I wanted everything to be perfect.

Sting/Hogan at Starrcade was so easy to book, yet they completely sabotaged themselves. What a disaster.

I think the more important question is what meds are you taking and are they as good as the ones that's got my head scrambled right now? :x
Never been a fan of pills...minus the vikes. But I was just super elevated off the good old greenery. (I've had a medical recommendation for a few years)Top shelf indica. That combined with a busy work day left me feeling dazed. I recall you mentioning the combo of meds they got you on. That's tough man. :frown:

tumblr_n8j3zlIV9t1qdyt2fo1_500.jpg

Someone wanna confirm this before I send it to people? Looks like a photoshop....

In regards to that spoiler, everyone can take a sigh of relief:

According to Pwinsider.com, a photo of Bray Wyatt allegedly hitting Erick Rowan with a chair at a WWE event in Tokyo has been circulating online. Due to this, there have been reports that Wyatt turned babyface at the show. The photo was taken seconds after John Cena, who was being held by Rowan, ducked the chair show, that led to Wyatt accidentally hitting Rowan. There has been no hint of a face turn on the tour, and the Wyatts remain a group.

Gene on a high right now. Miz coming back, Bron coming back. Gene bout to create his own Big 3

^Peep, the earlier gifs you posted of Taka and Christoper Daniels were cool. Daniels looked like he could've been Salvatore Bellomo's son with the wrestling gear.

New survey/discussion thing:

Pick a professional athlete and their wrestling counter part. Give a brief description why:

Lebron and Hogan: Face - heel - face. Both were arguably the most beloved dudes in their sports before their heel turn. Then when they came back, there was a sense of vindication for their former fans.

New survey/discussion thing:

Pick a professional athlete and their wrestling counter part. Give a brief description why:

Lebron and Hogan: Face - heel - face. Both were arguably the most beloved dudes in their sports before their heel turn. Then when they came back, there was a sense of vindication for their former fans.

And he got buried by the Undertaker :smokin

So here's to hoping Tim Duncan is the Undertaker. Good old Mr. Consistency, can always count on him to put on a good show/put up his numbers. The leader of men, the organization both lean heavy on them!

Christian - Tracy McGrady

Talented worker and puts on exciting stuff when he's healthy, but injuries ultimately catch up to him and he's never able to reach the big one.

Randy Orton - Floyd Mayweather

Cocky and brash, has got into his fair share of trouble..but very few have accomplished what he's accomplished.

Yeah I know that 2nd one isn't great but best I could come up with lol

Zack Ryder - Mo Williams

Had their most successful times being attached to something great (Lebron/YouTube vids), but once it was ripped away from them, they turned into sad, sympathetic, downtrodden goofs, with hardly any way to recover

Last edited:
Dolph Ziggler..... Russel Westbrook

Unappreciated by all the higher ups with all the potential in the world to be the man but has to play second fiddle. But everyone knows who the true Alpha male of the company/team is. Stealing the show!!

Back
Top Bottom