Wrestling Thread 6/23-7/13 | 7/7 Raw - Cena v Rollins, Jericho v miz, Santino Retires

Why Nikki Bella wrestling in those Nikes from Marshall's
Cena cut off her funds.
I'm her sugar daddy now
pimp.gif

2 things..

1. Booker looked so perfect carrying the Big Gold..

2. Lita is/was sexy AF!..When she'd have them thongs poking out of her jeans it'd drive me crazy..

Can we discuss Starrcade 97? Specifically the sting vs hogan match?

I was born in 92 so I don't know too much about the context of this PPV but the match itself was pretty dissapointing. Year long buildup for a finish like that. They even messed up stings music

One of the biggest matches ever....it should have been the night of WCW's biggest triumph, but instead it was the beginning of the end for them.

The match should have been one of the easiest ever to book, Sting rappels down from a helicopter or some **** and beats the hell out of Hogan for like 5 minutes straight. nWo comes out for shenanigans and Sting destroys em all with his bat, grabs Hogan...Scorpion Death Drop, 123. Sting dominates and saves WCW....from there nWo begins to phase out, Goldberg ascends, and you build to Sting/Goldberg next year and make many more millions.

But nah, Hogan had creative control and what you got was that piece of **** match with a ****** finish that just confused fans and meant nothing at all for Sting. Nash becomes the head booker :smile:x), nWo continues to dominate, fans get tired, blah blah, RIP WCW.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info G, I always knew the match was significant but didn't know the context behind it

Y'all really changed my name to Sad Gosling :pimp:

One of the biggest matches ever....it should have been the night of WCW's biggest triumph, but instead it was the beginning of the end for them.

The match should have been one of the easiest ever to book, Sting rappels down from a helicopter or some **** and beats the hell out of Hogan for like 5 minutes straight. nWo comes out for shenanigans and Sting destroys em all with his bat, grabs Hogan...Scorpion Death Drop, 123. Sting dominates and saves WCW....from there nWo begins to phase out, Goldberg ascends, and you build to Sting/Goldberg next year and make many more millions.

But nah, Hogan had creative control and what you got was that piece of **** match with a ****** finish that just confused fans and meant nothing at all for Sting. Nash becomes the head booker :smile:x), nWo continues to dominate, fans get tired, blah blah, RIP WCW.

I can't argue with 1 single point..You said it all..It always bugged me that Bischoff blamed that match's quality on Sting..And I'm not just being a mark for Sting, but Bischoff puts it on him like he was the booker, the executive producer, and the one with the creative control in his contract..He tried to say Sting came into the match out of shape and it really came across in the match..And he's said Hogan was in better shape and Hogan had to carry Sting the whole way through..All of these are just prime examples of how Hogan, Nash, and Bischoff took a fantastic company that was stocked with talent and threw it in the dumpster..

What if Vince sent them over to WCW to destroy it from within? I mean all of them did work for WWE later after WCW folded...I dunno. That theory is probably the meds talking.

And I still don't know what to make of that Cena and Bray beatin on Rowan and Harper. Actually I do. :frown:

What if Vince sent them over to WCW to destroy it from within? I mean all of them did work for WWE later after WCW folded...I dunno. That theory is probably the meds talking.

I think the more important question is what meds are you taking and are they as good as the ones that's got my head scrambled right now? :x

Nick Patrick on the Match

"I believe what had happened was that I got conflicting stories about what they wanted me to do. I had one faction telling me they wanted one thing from me. I had another faction telling me they wanted another thing from me. So I kind of split it down the middle. Now I remember exactly the scenario. So that’s what happened out of that deal."

That scumbag Hogan in all likelihood went into business for himself per usual and told Nick P to slow count it.

Not to mention they made Bret Hart look like a clown and lose all credibility instantly. Bischoff let the whole Hitman transitioning over to WCW thing become much more of a focal point then it should have been that December. I remember I think it was an episode of Thunder where the whole nWo came out to sing O Canada behind a drapping Canadian flag to recruit Bret to the nWo. They should have just wrapped the storyline up with Sting/nWo first and then found a way to insert Bret into it all.

Pretty much the way Goldberg destroyed Hogan that night in Georgia is how Starrcade should have played out. But nope. Pitiful Company.

Back
Top Bottom