Wrestling Thread 5/19-6/1 | WWE Payback PPV - Shield v Evolution | Will Daniel Bryan Forfeit His Tit

watched, funny - thanks

also is funny how it is set in "the '80's" with stuff from the whole decade impossibly thrown together in one scene...

dude is wearing wht/blk-red nike aj1's yet return of the jedi hasn't released yet - and he is pile-driving a hulk hogan doll that didn't come out until maybe '89/'90...

ya i know they don't care
thats pretty much why on every episode is says the year is 1980-something lol,shows pretty funny 

usos just need better tag teams to face.

No troll - but why don't any of the (male) African American or Latino wrestlers have good gimmicks now?

Mark Henry could've had an epic last run

PTP got broken up way too soon

Otunga nowhere to be found

Kofi is the RR & MITB dude (which is cool... but...)

Big E lost all his personality when he got called up

R-truth almost had a run but got derelegated again

Xavier Woods (...)

Brodus Clay (...)

Angelo Dawkins (...)

Jason Jordan (...)

I've always been conscious of race because of where/how I grew up (I'm Latino). Does anyone else have any thoughts? I saw Bleacher's article on WWE's "racism" 

^Vince/the "creative" team base gimmicks/characters off of dated stereotypes (including international gimmicks as well). They could use some injection of youth to let them know what's actually going on in the world, instead of going with their 70's-03 mindstate. I think it's similar to a 55 year old record exec telling people what they think they should be listening to on the radio.

yea things wont change until "vince and the boys" are out,the have the last say on everything and still living in the past as far as race relations ,not saying they are racist but just out of touch.they def need some younger advisors trips and steph should be leading the way to change things like that but idk

^Vince/the "creative" team base gimmicks/characters off of dated stereotypes (including international gimmicks as well). They could use some injection of youth to let them know what's actually going on in the world, instead of going with their 70's-03 mindstate. I think it's similar to a 55 year old record exec telling people what they think they should be listening to on the radio.

And the radio doesn't even matter anymore...

UnacceptableDiligentBorer.gif

Watching One Night Stand 06...god did they **** up ECW... It would have been so easy to book it and make the fans happy... It would have even been easy to be booked PG...

Happy Birthday case!

DC, didn't know you posted on DVDVR. I'm a lurker there, saw your review about the ROH show under Kidkash. Good wrestling site.

What are your thoughts, presentation wise of the show? Didn't understand the small t.v. above the entrance ramp.

Watching TNA right now...Aries is a face again and Gunner in a segment with Shaw? I wonder how quiet the arena really is, those piped in sounds are horrible.

tumblr_moste5Zzp71rg89a6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_m6ip43cAXP1ry1186o1_500.png

tumblr_lvuv74rD821qcsgspo1_500.jpg

If only Lashley didn't have Lesnar's voice, or just limited his talking in general
tumblr_mnu9fkTfFG1ql0k28o2_250.gif
tumblr_mnu9fkTfFG1ql0k28o3_250.gif

tumblr_mnu9fkTfFG1ql0k28o4_250.gif
tumblr_mnu9fkTfFG1ql0k28o6_250.gif

Only watch this match (or PPV) if you hate yourself
tumblr_mx84m0liGY1ql0k28o1_250.gif
tumblr_mx84m0liGY1ql0k28o2_250.gif

tumblr_mx84m0liGY1ql0k28o3_250.gif
tumblr_mx84m0liGY1ql0k28o4_250.gif

tumblr_mx84m0liGY1ql0k28o5_250.gif
tumblr_mx84m0liGY1ql0k28o6_250.gif

I truly did consider watching that tonight... Accidently clicked on it while opening ONS... Decided to not do it to myself lol...

Watching NXT. Bo Dallas is so bad he's great. At this point I may be a Bo-Liever. :smile: looking forward to Takeover. Mainly Neville vs Kidd and Sami vs Tyler Breeze. Banks vs Natalya wasn't bad either. Glad to see the quality of the women's matches improve. Unfortunately...Tyson Kidd still sucks on the mic...FACT.

weren't Punk and Arby D the first two guys eliminated or something and they were the most over? Such a turd all around.

Back
Top Bottom