Wrestling Thread 2022 | Mods Please Lock This Thread

Agreed. He finally found his lane with the Bloodline.
But what Vince did put him in this position. It didn’t hurt him at all.

I mean it did sour some people's feelings toward Roman and some of those people still feel that way about him.

But, "Everything is Fine" only because he has undeniable talent and the Cream Always Rises. ( # )

I mean it did sour some people's feelings toward Roman and some of those people still feel that way about him.

But, "Everything is Fine" only because he has undeniable talent and the Cream Always Rises. ( # )
Idk about undeniable talent. Roman is where he is because of his appearance primarily. He fits the WWE main event mold. His promo skills and ring work are at best slightly above average.

He’s been presented as the best for so long no one can fathom that he’s not the best. This is the mind of a WWE fanboy.

That being said he’s more than capable of it but I don’t think he would rank highly on many all time lists IMO.

That being said he’s more than capable of it but I don’t think he would rank highly on many all time lists IMO.

That is due to the amount of time he has been in THIS role. If THIS role (and presentation) was given to him earlier (instead of Vince not knowing how to manage him), then he definitely would be in the early stages of an "All Time" list conversation.

But, he might not be here too much longer so people will probably view him as one of those dudes that had a great peak that didn't last long.

So he probably won't be in that conversation for most folks.

(Think TMAC / Penny)

Idk about undeniable talent. Roman is where he is because of his appearance primarily. He fits the WWE main event mold. His promo skills and ring work are at best slightly above average.

He’s been presented as the best for so long no one can fathom that he’s not the best. This is the mind of a WWE fanboy.

Well having the look is a BIG part of a Television product. (Which Pro Wrestling has been for decades).

Yes, a big part of Roman's appeal is he looks the part.

He isn't a technician by any stretch but he can tell a story in THAT WWE system.

His Promo work is solid.

Overall, I think he is an undeniable talent.

That is due to the amount of time he has been in THIS role. If THIS role (and presentation) was given to him earlier (instead of Vince not knowing how to manage him), then he definitely would be in the early stages of an "All Time" list conversation.

But, he might not be here too much longer so people will probably view him as one of those dudes that had a great peak that didn't last long.

So he probably won't be in that conversation for most folks.

(Think TMAC / Penny)

I don’t understand the argument of how Vince presented him. He was the most heavily pushed guy in the company. That is NEVER a bad thing. He was in one greatest factions of all time. This all helped him get to this Bloodline level. That’s like saying WWE should have skipped the Ringmaster and immediately booked him as Stone Cold. It doesn’t work that way for anyone.

I don’t understand the argument of how Vince presented him. He was the most heavily pushed guy in the company. That is NEVER a bad thing. He was in one greatest factions of all time. This all helped him get to this Bloodline level. That’s like saying WWE should have skipped the Ringmaster and immediately booked him as Stone Cold. It doesn’t work that way for anyone.

Vince presented Roman in a corny manner.
Regardless of HOW much he was pushed, the manner in which he was pushed was simply goofy.
I am not saying Roman didn't get important reps, learning how to deal with BS, learning how to be in front of the crowd, learning how to be THE man during that stage of his career.
I am simply saying HOW Vince pushed Roman was goofy.

I am not referring to any of his Shield work. That was handled well.
People loved Roman then but when he started the Cena Jr. presentation, people fell back.

I am ONLY talking about Suffering Succotash Roman.

Well having the look is a BIG part of a Television product. (Which Pro Wrestling has been for decades).

Yes, a big part of Roman's appeal is he looks the part.

He isn't a technician by any stretch but he can tell a story in THAT WWE system.

His Promo work is solid.

Overall, I think he is an undeniable talent.
Sounds like we agree for the most part. I just can’t personally call someone an undeniable talent because of the way that they look.

Those perfect WWE mold guys ie Roman Randy Hogan often aren’t very interesting to me.

The guys that defy the odds ie Stone Cold Danielson Bret hart are the ones I would call undeniable.

Sounds like we agree for the most part. I just can’t personally call someone an undeniable talent because of the way that they look.

Those perfect WWE mold guys ie Roman Randy Hogan often aren’t very interesting to me.

The guys that defy the odds ie Stone Cold Danielson Bret hart are the ones I would call undeniable.

I view them all as undeniable talents.

One group due to sheer will and skill.

One group mainly due to their genetic gifts. (In a sport that is MOSTLY about the look)

I don't feel there is a need to ONLY pick one group of athletes that fit the label.

I view them all as undeniable talents.

One group due to sheer will and skill.

One group mainly due to their genetic gifts. (In a sport that is MOSTLY about the look)

I don't feel there is a need to ONLY pick one group of athletes that fit the label.
Fair enough. I see your point. I would just say the first group was never denied. It was handed to them.

To their credit they ran with it and made it overwhelmingly successful.

When did they stop force feeding him? That never occurred. Eventually y’all just started liking him

LOL alrighty. DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican basically said it better than I could over the next few posts, but if you don't think they finally took their foot off the gas with Roman for a minute there to let him reset, then you weren't paying attention.

You and I haven't interacted much on here, so I can maybe understand it, but most people will tell you that to call either DC or myself WWE fanboys is pretty laughable.

They really need to just cancel Crown Jewel and get tf outta there. Or at least postpone it and run it here in the states or something.

Idk how that whole deal works though. It's a mess either way

LOL alrighty. DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican basically said it better than I could over the next few posts, but if you don't think they finally took their foot off the gas with Roman for a minute there to let him reset, then you weren't paying attention.

You and I haven't interacted much on here, so I can maybe understand it, but most people will tell you that to call either DC or myself WWE fanboys is pretty laughable.

I didn’t call him a WWE fanboy. I don’t even know who you are so I definitely didn’t call you anything.

They never stopped forcing him down our throats they changed his presentation like DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican said. If you see it otherwise that’s cool tho.

you guys are funny pretending you dont know whos gonna take that belt off roman

even danger style danger style knows whos gonna take it from him

The biggest belt in the industry goes to its biggest star…

1667403749810.gif

noblekane noblekane

Fenix v AR Fox in the main event

thats actually dark elevation. the fenix ar fox match was on dark.

twas a good match for it being 6 minutes lol

why does austin theory suck so much when he was trained by ar fox? makes no sense

Last edited:
why shotty lee why??? 🤣 i see athena turned heel as well although that was building up. big show is so terrible on commentary

Fair enough. I see your point. I would just say the first group was never denied. It was handed to them.

To their credit they ran with it and made it overwhelmingly successful.

I agree that in the WWE System, if you have a look you get certain advantages others aren't afforded.

I get it and would probably do the same if running a company.

Wrestling is realistic superheroism to a degree and I think (as I always say), people should look at your athletes and believe they (the individual watching) they need to be of a certain pedigree to reach that status.

Of course, EVERYONE doesn't have to fit that mold, midcarders, but for my stars I would want a certain level of exclusivity when it comes to skills/look/persona.

I agree that in the WWE System, if you have a look you get certain advantages others aren't afforded.

I get it and would probably do the same if running a company.

Wrestling is realistic superheroism to a degree and I think (as I always say), people should look at your athletes and believe they (the individual watching) they need to be of a certain pedigree to reach that status.

Of course, EVERYONE doesn't have to fit that mold, midcarders, but for my stars I would want a certain level of exclusivity when it comes to skills/look/persona.
All of this makes sense. We just look for different things in wrestlers but I can’t disagree with anything you’re saying.

All of this makes sense. We just look for different things in wrestlers but I can’t disagree with anything you’re saying.

Honestly, it depends on the company. My approach would be different if I were running AEW. That is more of a "Workrate" company. So people like Hobbs, Wardlow, Cage honestly are at a deficit because they appear to be traditional WWE type wrestlers. So it wouldn't make sense to overpush dudes like THEM in AEW.

Just like a coach, you have to run your company that best suits your fanbase/roster.

Back
Top Bottom