Wrestling Thread 2/25-3/10 | 3/10 TNA LOCKDOWN PPV - Hardy v Bully Ray | Champion No Showing?

Angle is a great choice too..Dude always brought his A game and could have a 4* match with anyone..Only thing about Kurt I can't stand is the stupid ankle lock finisher..I hated when Shamrock did it (even though it made sense), I hated when Kurt did it, and I hate it that Thwagger does is..

Does anyone else think Kurt kinda diminished his legacy a little bit by going to TNA?..

Health-wise no, but legacy wise yes. I wish WWE would have released a Documentary DVD of Angle before he left :smh:.

I like the Angle love too. Probably the most well rounded guy in both mic skills and wrestling outside of HBK. Didn't matter if it was comediac heel, goofball face, menacing heel, serious face, he could do it all. He's still had some good TNA work, but you can just tll his health isn't what it used to be, but of course it has been 7 years since he's been in the WWE. That wig and helmet was his alternate attire in SD HCTP :lol: :pimp:

Angle is a great choice too..Dude always brought his A game and could have a 4* match with anyone..Only thing about Kurt I can't stand is the stupid ankle lock finisher..I hated when Shamrock did it (even though it made sense), I hated when Kurt did it, and I hate it that Thwagger does is..

Does anyone else think Kurt kinda diminished his legacy a little bit by going to TNA?..

Health-wise no, but legacy wise yes. I wish WWE would have released a Documentary DVD of Angle before he left :smh:.

Hopefully he comes back to the "E" for one final run before he retires.

My Top 5 all around:

-HBK
-Angle
-Austin
-Edge
-Jericho

I'm also partial to athletic big guys like Bam Bam Bigelow as well. That's why I'm Willie Mack fan

But what if Generico never wanted to wear the mask in WWE? I mean, it will give him more exposure since he's in the "E" now. And he's not really a "true luchador"that he should be tied to that gimmick all the time.

As for Edge, the thing I liked aout the dude besides his work is that when he was given the ball so to speak, he never dropped it. He rolled with it and had the best run of his career.

I personally don't care about Generico losing the mask. The man behind the mask's energy, sympathetic body language and brand of charisma is what made him who he is. He just so happened to be channeling those aspects through a piece of fabric on his face, rather than through some other absurd maguffin.

We aren't going to get the same guy we saw on the indies? Okay. Given how versatile, imaginative and wildly entertaining the man portraying it is, I'm very excited to see him wow me all over again with something new; especially with (I assume) Triple H helping developing the character. I mean, he made Cesaro great, he made the Shield great, etc., clearly he's such a ******g character-creating god that he should be able to come up with something even better for Generico here.

As far as best performer of all time goes. Definitely HBK. I'm going to round out that top list with Macho, Taker, and Angle.

Last edited:
As a huge Edge fan I'm glad to see his name listed. His manic persona going into his
SummerSlam match with Taker was insane, and the match was beatiful.
His tag matches with Christian, his feud with Cena, ECWONS 2006, and his feud with hardy make him one of the GOATs.

But what if Generico never wanted to wear the mask in WWE? I mean, it will give him more exposure since he's in the "E" now. And he's not really a "true luchador"that he should be tied to that gimmick all the time.

As for Edge, the thing I liked aout the dude besides his work is that when he was given the ball so to speak, he never dropped it. He rolled with it and had the best run of his career.

I personally don't care about Generico losing the mask. The man behind the mask's energy, sympathetic body language and brand of charisma is what made him who he is. He just so happened to be channeling those aspects through a piece of fabric on his face, rather than through some other absurd maguffin.

We aren't going to get the same guy we saw on the indies? Okay. Given how versatile, imaginative and wildly entertaining the man portraying it is, I'm very excited to see him wow me all over again with something new; especially with (I assume) Triple H helping developing the character. I mean, he made Cesaro great, he made the Shield great, etc., clearly he's such a ******g character-creating god that he should be able to come up with something even better for Generico here.

As far as best performer of all time goes. Definitely HBK. I'm going to round out that top list with Macho, Taker, and Angle.

Totally have faith in the dude too. Definitely gon' get himself over.

Last edited:
TNA Lawsuit update

It has been around nine months since we had any update on Daffney‘s Workers’ Compensation claim against TNA, but Ringbelles has secured some information on the situation, and it could potentially lead to one of the biggest shake-ups in wrestling history. It could cause ripple effects not just through TNA, but also to WWE.

It was always telling that Daffney (Shannon Spruill) filed a Workers’ Comp lawsuit instead of a personal injury one, which could have been another avenue for her to be compensated for concussions which she suffered on TNA shows and effectively ended her in-ring career. The reason for that is because she wants to test the claim that wrestlers are “independent contractors”, which means that they are responsible for their own medical insurance and do not enjoy the same sort of protection and benefits that a regular employee would – similar to the lawsuit that Raven, Mike Sanders and Chris Kanyon filed against WWE back in 2008 – but was dismissed, partly because their claims were barred by statute of limitations.

TNA is to mediate with Spruill tomorrow – if a settlement is not reached, the case will go to court, when it will then be up to a judge to see if wrestlers under a contract, booked to appear at places on certain dates, be told to execute a planned outcome and not have the freedom to accept booking elsewhere are truly “independent contractors” or if they should be classified as employees. Rather than just looking to satisfy her medical bills which have left her out of pocket, Spruill’s case could create a legal judgement which means all wrestlers in places like WWE and TNA could legally have to become staff.

Were that to happen, both companies would likely have to face huge tax bills as well as an increase in costs due to having to sort out benefits and insurance. On the flip side, the wrestlers on the roster would have medical cover for their injuries. That would be more of an issue in TNA than WWE, considering wrestlers working for Vince McMahon are generally well taken care of, while there have been cases in TNA such as with Ron “R-Truth” Killings, Konnan and Jesse Neal where medical bills were a cause of tension, and April Hunter pointed out having to sign a medical waiver was a big reason why she never signed to wrestle with them.

It is possible that TNA would not want a lot of its dirty laundry aired in public as part of a court case where there could be a chance that a judge could decide that wrestlers should be classified as employees. There may be a settlement at the mediation stage tomorrow, with a confidentiality agreement signed which would bar Spruill from discussing the case any further. However, should that not happen and mediation ends without a settlement, the issue will be taken to court for a hearing on the motion on the same day.

Very interesting stuff. I'm going to put my money on TNA settling.

My Top 5 all around:

-HBK
-Angle
-Austin
-Edge
-Jericho

I'm also partial to athletic big guys like Bam Bam Bigelow as well. That's why I'm Willie Mack fan

I saw Brian Cage at the gym the other day and I had mentioned something about Willie Mack. Totally don't break kayfabe and said "**** Willie Mack, man." What a guy :lol:

WCW WorldWide Results

[SPOILER WCW Worldwide results]

View media item 304812
View media item 304813
View media item 304814
View media item 304815

Last edited:
- WWE parted ways with WWE Creative head Eric Pankowski earlier this week. Word going around is that Pankowski was removed from his position because he wasn’t receptive to ideas beyond his own and that eventually cost him allies within the company.

Pankowski was described as not knowing how to deal with personalities while in a position that required him to deal with a lot of different personalities. There were a few incidents where Pankowski and some of the wrestlers got into arguments over what would work and what wouldn’t on WWE TV. It was described as a “Hollywood mindset not adapting to the pro wrestling mindset, and instead trying to force the opposite.”

Nobody within WWE was surprised by the change but some were surprised that it happened before WrestleMania 29.

- WWE Champion The Rock has now agreed to work a number of post-WrestleMania dates for WWE, including the May 19th Extreme Rules pay-per-view in St. Louis.

- After the recent troubles with his knee that we’ve been covering this week, Rey Mysterio’s future is in question. When he mentioned to one company official that he tore his good knee up about a week ago, it was brought up that he should consider retiring. While Rey avoided surgery this time, he is one major injury away from having to need a complete knee replacement. Rey currently has about one year left on his contract.

- WhiteHouse.gov is featuring a petition to designate May 20th as “Macho Man” Randy Savage Day. Here is an excerpt from the petition.

“Macho Man Randy Savage was a national treasure loved by everyone who watched him on television or knew him personally. No matter if you knew him from Slim Jim commercials or his wrestling career, you felt a deep connection with Savage. Tragically, the world lost him on May 20, 2011. This petition is to set aside that day every year as a celebration and remembrance of the Macho Man’s life and to keep his legacy alive for future generations to appreciate and enjoy.”

Their goal is to reach 100,000 signatures by April 04, 2013.

Get to those petitions guys.

First Look At The WrestleMania 29 Set

URL]

i hate that they are showing pics from the WM 29 set - I want to walk into MetLife and see that stuff for the first time and be wowed

Big Update On This Year's MITB PPV. Big Push For.....

WWE’s Hot New Arm Wrestling Chick – Sarah Backman from Sweden

URL]

URL]

URL]

URL]

URL]

:pimp: :evil:

- Ryback vs. Mark Henry is being booked for WrestleMania 29 in order to give Ryback a big win against a tough opponent after his high-profile pay-per-view losses to CM Punk and The Shield. WWE is trying to build him back up, even if talk of a heel turn has died down recently.

The company also wants him to have several “WrestleMania Moments” where they do a stare down between two big guys and also for Ryback to be able to pick up a big guy and hit the shellshock finisher.

Believe it or not, Big E. Langston was discussed as a possible opponent for Ryback at one point. The Big Show was also discussed.

Damn, I wanted Henry to come back to reclaim the WHC not be used to give someone else a push. Leave that to Big Show.

Back
Top Bottom