Wrestling Thread 2/24-3/2 | Feb 28 NXT Arrival 8pm ET On The Network | THE NETWORK IS LIVE

No PPV working for me either. Been trying to watch some WCW ones...

I might be showing my age here but does anyone remember back in the NWA days when the stars would only wrestle amateur, no name dudes for most of the show and there was only one main event at the end? Don't know what made me think of that just now...lol

Man I grew up on NWA and I know exactly what you're talking about..Seemed like it was nothing but jobbers for the main talent unless it was a major show/event..

e.gif

quick question....im watching an RVD video from the first ECW pay per view (barely legal) and all the fans keep chanting "you sold out....you sold out"....why do they keep chanting that????

if I remember correctly he started referring to himself as Mr. Monday Night after Jerry Lawler said he was the only guy on the ECW roster with the talent to work in WWF. He played it up in heel promos saying he was leaving for a better career and was better than the rest of the roster.

Watching the 1999 King of the Ring.....I was there live and can see myself in the crowd in almost every shot
laugh.gif

Last edited:
I think one of the dopest things about the network is the nostalgia it brings. Glad to see it bringing back memories for a ton of dudes on here 
nthat.gif

Kinda disappointed that they didn't include any Clash of the Champions. Wanted to see number 11 that was here in Charleston that I attended...

Stumbled across this match and I was laughing at the fact that the Ultimate Warrior never took that long trench coat off :lol:

Watching WM 25 
frown.gif
 trying to see if i can see myself 
laugh.gif
I was there too.  It was right here in Houston.

I doubt I would be able to see myself in the crowd.  My seat was not that close.

That Undertaker and Shawn Michaels match was EPIC.

I remember even the vendors stopped selling snacks to watch the match.

The rest of the show was pretty forgettable...especially that HHH and Randy Orton match.

How was everyone's day two experience with the network? I didn't fire it up tonight, might wait until this weekend to do some binging

Last edited:
Possible WM 30 Spoiler
current plans are for the Uso's to win the tag titles at WM 30. They were supposed to win it last night.

So far, it's been impossible to watch an entire PPV without having an issue.

Problems with the WWE Network (using PS3):

- had to restart the network to get the Raw Backstage pass streaming

- freezes

- after 5 minutes or so, it goes back to the beginning of the PPV

- error sign/cannot watch certain PPVs

- and non PS3 - cannot fast forward on my iPhone

Otherwise, no issues when using a computer.  Video Quality is great as well on every device I've been using.  Hope MLBAM fixes the problems before WM, which I'm sure they will - been seeing improvements since I'm able to watch Bash at the Beach '96 which I wasn't able to do yesterday.

Last edited:
How was everyone's day two experience with the network? I didn't fire it up tonight, might wait until this weekend to do some binging
So far I have had a lot of fun watching old ecw ppvs. One cool thing is just turning on the network and having something already playing. I have had videos not play but nothing to get upset over.

Network really ain't **** until we get an archive of all the Raws, SD's, Nitros, Thunders, ECW Hardcore TV's . . .

I was there too.  It was right here in Houston.

I doubt I would be able to see myself in the crowd.  My seat was not that close.

That Undertaker and Shawn Michaels match was EPIC.

I remember even the vendors stopped selling snacks to watch the match.

The rest of the show was pretty forgettable...especially that HHH and Randy Orton match.
I was on the TV side in the 300's. It was a good experience although anything outside of taker and michael and maybe the matt and jeff hardy match was forgettable. For the 25th anniversary, i wouldve expected the best 
laugh.gif

Man I grew up on NWA and I know exactly what you're talking about..Seemed like it was nothing but jobbers for the main talent unless it was a major show/event..

Man, talking about my Saturday mornings with McMahon and Bruno as announcers and then NWA Worldwide plus Kung fu theater.
Still having problems with the 360,but iPad and work computer stream the network just fine.

Kinda disappointed that they didn't include any Clash of the Champions. Wanted to see number 11 that was here in Charleston that I attended...

Stumbled across this match and I was laughing at the fact that the Ultimate Warrior never took that long trench coat off :lol:

They really need Mortal Kombat Konquest on the Network so I can really re-live the Monday Night Wars :lol:

Back
Top Bottom