Wrestling Thread 10/21-11/3 | Oct 28 RAW - Orton & Cena Are Champs | NTWT Secret Santa Q Due Tonight

Nothing will ever be as bad 2000 WCW man :lol:

Things are pretty dreadful right now, but lets not go that far

I see a lot of similarities. Too predictable, no mid card division, the same dude is on top (John Cena) and a lot of wasted talent right under their nose.

Nothing will ever be as bad 2000 WCW man
laugh.gif

Things are pretty dreadful right now, but lets not go that far
I see a lot of similarities. Too predictable, no mid card division, the same dude is on top (John Cena) and a lot of wasted talent right under their nose.
Exactly.  Go back and watch WCW 2000, it's nowhere close to that bad.  Hell, TNA isn't even that bad.

Ok here me out fellas.

I haven't owned a WWE game since Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain.

I still play Fire Pro Wrestling Returns and King of Colesseum. I am an import wrestling game fan.

1. How did the community make such good faces for WWE 13? Did they use some sort of scanning device or something? I can't understand how those CAWS came out so life like

2. Universe Mode. What is it exactly? You can split your roster up and make shows? Am I essentially the GM? Can I sim the matches or do I have to participate in them?

Last edited:
I been disappointed with the product lately and hoping they can turn it around soon. Not even sure if I should go to the rumble in January (brock will be back), and the lakers are playing in NY...if Kobe is back I will be at the garden and getting rid of my tickets. Next up is New Orleans for wrestlemania and thinking about if I should go or pass on the elimination chamber. What do you guys think?

Earlier post asked about how AJ is...yeah she is terrible and not really happy at the events. Met her a few times the latest was at a backstage tour of raw..which she acted a bit better but I think because they all knew it was benefiting hurricane sandy. Layla and Natalya on the other hand are extremeley nice and friendly each time (might see my family on total divas).

BREAKING NEWS

According to a new report by Dave Meltzer and F4WOnline.com, The Carter Family is looking to sell TNA Impact Wrestling.
Meltzer noted on his “Wrestling Observer Radio Show” on Saturday that The Carter’s are looking to sell the company, and have been “for a while now.” Meltzer also noted that there is a lot of “big things” going on behind-the-scenes right now as far as the future ownership of the company, but the bottom line is, they are basically looking to sell it to the highest bidder.

One report claims that some of the people interested in buying TNA from the Carter’s include Eric Bischoff, Jeff Jarrett, Viacom and possibly even World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).

We should have more details on this breaking story on Monday morning.

BREAKING NEWS

According to a new report by Dave Meltzer and F4WOnline.com, The Carter Family is looking to sell TNA Impact Wrestling.
Meltzer noted on his “Wrestling Observer Radio Show” on Saturday that The Carter’s are looking to sell the company, and have been “for a while now.” Meltzer also noted that there is a lot of “big things” going on behind-the-scenes right now as far as the future ownership of the company, but the bottom line is, they are basically looking to sell it to the highest bidder.

One report claims that some of the people interested in buying TNA from the Carter’s include Eric Bischoff, Jeff Jarrett, Viacom and possibly even World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE).

If WWE buys TNA... :smh:

WCW Invasion angle all over again :x

BREAKING NEWS

Jesse, Biff, and myself are putting together an offer.

BREAKING NEWS

Jesse, Biff, and myself are putting together an offer.
Teddy Hart will be our first signee....

BREAKING NEWS

If WWE buys TNA...
mean.gif

WCW Invasion angle all over again
sick.gif
No it won't because TNA has no stars.  WWE is not going to buy TNA though.  There are no stars, tape library, or valuable intellectual assets to go along with it.

My guess is that Viacom ends up buying TNA just as they did with Bellator.  TNA is still a strong ratings draw for them that they don't want to potentially lose.

Ok here me out fellas.

I haven't owned a WWE game since Smackdown: Here Comes the Pain.

I still play Fire Pro Wrestling Returns and King of Colesseum. I am an import wrestling game fan.

2. Universe Mode. What is it exactly? You can split your roster up and make shows? Am I essentially the GM? Can I sim the matches or do I have to participate in them?

I can only answer the 2nd one DC. Yes, Universe is somewhat like a GM mode (you can sim the matches). Only thing missing is a ratings system. You can edit out rosters and matches as well.

BREAKING NEWS

View media item 632856

While intriguing (and rumors definitely flared up after Shane & JR were seen together in NYC), Shane is too smart with his money to get involved with TNA.  He is still working on the PPV business in China which if it becomes successful would be a multi-billion dollar business.

No it won't because TNA has no stars.  WWE is not going to buy TNA though.  There are no stars, tape library, or valuable intellectual assets to go along with it.

My guess is that Viacom ends up buying TNA just as they did with Bellator.  TNA is still a strong ratings draw for them that they don't want to potentially lose.

..... Sting :smokin

If WWE buys TNA, no way sting finally comes over. He didn't come over when they bought WCW, I don't see it happening now.

As far as his tapes go, I think WWE is just fine with his WCW tapes lol. I don't think they care at all for his TNA work.

BREAKING NEWS

Meltzer noted on his “Wrestling Observer Radio Show” on Saturday that The Carter’s are looking to sell the company, and have been “for a while now.”

King, is, is, IS THAT STYLIN ALLEN JONES?????

While intriguing (and rumors definitely flared up after Shane & JR were seen together in NYC), Shane is too smart with his money to get involved with TNA.  He is still working on the PPV business in China which if it becomes successful would be a multi-billion dollar business.

Yeah, I think he's not looking to come back to the wrestling business. Would be cool if he does though.

I feel like it would be cool to have your own wrestling promotion, especially if you didn't have to worry about making money and could just throw out a really entertaining product.

Underdog stories are great, but the underdog has to gain momentum. Bryan has been in too many stop and go situations with the way he's been jerked around, and that's gonna eventually lead to him losing his buzz. I hope he goes on some sort of tirade tonight and looks really strong for the next few weeks.

If they just get D Bry get the last laugh a couple times, this would work.

Like when Vince would try and screw Stone Cold he would just raise hell at the end of the night. It was perfect

Underdog stories are great, but the underdog has to gain momentum. Bryan has been in too many stop and go situations with the way he's been jerked around, and that's gonna eventually lead to him losing his buzz. I hope he goes on some sort of tirade tonight and looks really strong for the next few weeks.

I think the way they're booking D Bry would've worked back in the 80's/territory era. Having the PPVs so close to each other doesn't do them any help as well.

Hoping bischoff doesn't find somebody to back him and buy the company

If Viacom does buy TNA chances are Bischoff might be running TNA anyways since I think Eric has a good relationship with spike tv and they really like him

Don't know if it's just me or what but rumors were bischoff wasn't at the TNA tapings last week and they did the show without any input from bischoff. Thought impact was pretty good. I just want TNA to get away from bischoff and hogan and even sting. Move on and go a different direction already.

- WWE announced Sunday afternoon that Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel would be unable to compete in the WWE Hell in a Cell Kickoff Match after sustaining an undisclosed injury, which was later reported as an injury to his hips on Raw. Company officials weren’t sure what his diagnosis would be until Friday, which is why nothing was announced until yesterday afternoon.

Many of Axel’s co-workers consider the news very disappointing since he’s popular among them and viewed as a person who goes forward with whatever he’s asked to do.

At this time, the severity of his injury, as well as the status of the WWE Intercontinental Championship, is unknown.

- After returning at last night’s Hell in a Cell pay-per-view to defeat Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight championship, John Cena has vowed to return prestige to the title.

- WWE announced Sunday afternoon that Intercontinental Champion Curtis Axel would be unable to compete in the WWE Hell in a Cell Kickoff Match after sustaining an undisclosed injury, which was later reported as an injury to his hips on Raw. Company officials weren’t sure what his diagnosis would be until Friday, which is why nothing was announced until yesterday afternoon.

Many of Axel’s co-workers consider the news very disappointing since he’s popular among them and viewed as a person who goes forward with whatever he’s asked to do.

At this time, the severity of his injury, as well as the status of the WWE Intercontinental Championship, is unknown.

- After returning at last night’s Hell in a Cell pay-per-view to defeat Alberto Del Rio for the World Heavyweight championship, John Cena has vowed to return prestige to the title.

Like ADR wasn't bringing prestige to the title.

Back
Top Bottom