Would you go to jail/prison for a year? Vol. 1 million dollars

Originally Posted by RiKaN HaVoK

Originally Posted by Biggie62

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

I'm fully aware of the mental anguish involved with solitary confinement, but I'll take it over constant paranoia and the very real danger of rape and murder. I can get over a year's worth of loneliness, but I wouldn't be able to live with myself after being raped.

You think you could but you have no idea.  I dealt with probation clients before who told me stories of a week or 2 that they spent in solitary.  They said that they would be losing their mind by the 2nd day.  Hence they would need serious therapy after being released.
This ...
There's no way psychologically you will be able to take a years worth of solitary. You will be damage for the rest of your life and I bet after a few weeks you would be thinking of ways to off yourself!

i honestly believe solitary wouldnt be a problem for me. im used to bein by myself all the time & i really dont like bein around people anyway

Damn, lil man really did try to murk his ex-girl's girl.

His only defense is insanity and he's perfectly sane...he's going down for some years.

R.I.P. to his manhood.

Originally Posted by eashawty

Originally Posted by Biggie62

You think you could but you have no idea.  I dealt with probation clients before who told me stories of a week or 2 that they spent in solitary.  They said that they would be losing their mind by the 2nd day.  Hence they would need serious therapy after being released.
This ...
There's no way psychologically you will be able to take a years worth of solitary. You will be damage for the rest of your life and I bet after a few weeks you would be thinking of ways to off yourself!

i honestly believe solitary wouldnt be a problem for me. im used to bein by myself all the time & i really dont like bein around people anyway
but have you been by yourself in a small room with nothing to do?

I read that some start hearing voices while being in there..

Originally Posted by Demps

This ...

them voices better tell how to escape

This ...

i got put in solitary in the county for a week before & i liked bein in solitary better than bein wit the population. i could sleep, eat & do watever the %*$+ i wanted wit out worryin bout anything or anybody else around me

i got put in solitary in the county for a week before & i liked bein in solitary better than bein wit the population. i could sleep, eat & do watever the %*$+ i wanted wit out worryin bout anything or anybody else around me
What exactly is there to do in solitary confinement? You make it sound like you could watch tv, play video games, listen to music, go online and what not.
Your only option in there is to figure out at which wall to stare at for hours at a time.
I would go crazy after a week and seek out ways to off myself probably

Solitary confinement in the county jail is a lot different than solitary in the state penitentiary.

From reading your first post - I doubt your second post.  Just saying ...
Eat and Sleep is the only thing you would be able to do - Everything else you CAN'T so it is not !@$ you want to do ....

Originally Posted by Brondiesel

What exactly is there to do in solitary confinement? You make it sound like you could watch tv, play video games, listen to music, go online and what not.
Your only option in there is to figure out at which wall to stare at for hours at a time.
I would go crazy after a week and seek out ways to off myself probably

laugh.gif

Eat and Sleep is the only thing you would be able to do - Everything else you CAN'T so it is not !@$ you want to do ....

eat & sleep is all i need tho, i dont ask for much. & by do watever i want i meant by jailhouse standards, not free mans standards

i would take my chances and not go in solitary.  i know plenty of dudes who have done time in prisons and they all said it was better than jail.  

RiKaN HaVoK wrote:

this loll

Originally Posted by MPLSdunk

i would take my chances and not go in solitary.  i know plenty of dudes who have done time in prisons and they all said it was better than jail.  
It really is though. Jail is boring as !@*#, and I mean I guess most people wouldn't openly admit to being raped, but I know plenty of people that went to prison and none have died, and aside from some crazy fights it aint that bad. Yall watch to much damn tv, really thinking prison is about playing razor tag or something. 

I would either get buff as %@$@ and get MMA lessons and +%! and go HAM on the first dude that tries to violate, or commit the crime in Norway where the prisons have internet, video games, TV and stuff.

Hell yes, I'd do it in a heartbeat. $1 million, straight cash homie at the end of the year? Where do I sign up?
laugh.gif

BTW, I change my mind if I was able to pick the prison ..

Then yes

I saw this a while back and just remember ... Give me a milli and fly me there!

I agree with my man that said jail isn't as fierce as one would think.  However, if you've never experienced it before, I wouldn't recommend you doing it for any amount of money.  If you can just get past the beginning, you'll be alright.  Once you have a routine, time flies...  But that boredom and loneliness can really get to you.  I won't front.  It can almost break your spirit.

It depends.

If it was a prison where it was very violent/dangerous, no I'm not putting my life out like that because I know I would not last. If it's a boring, quiet prison/jail cell then yeah, sure. I'd try and talk to the different inmates and hear life stories, maybe even work out and play some basketball.

1 million dollars is a lot of money. But at the same time it's not worth my life.

I didn't read through the entire thread but some of you seem to have misconceptions about prison being worse than jail.  That is almost never the case.  Prisons routines are built for guys that have to do long stretches of time so you have things like libraries, structured recreational time, GED and college classes, work duty, etc.  Jails are for housing people awaiting trials and those doing bids of less than a year so almost all jails lack nearly all of those things which instill regular activity and routine into your day making jail much more intolerable due to the boredom factor alone.

Also, a jail like Cook County in Chicago is probably worse than any prison in the country...

Back
Top Bottom