[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

Originally Posted by KB8sandiego

jrcish.jpg

laugh.gif

good to see fish back

Fish is back, yall really think hes goin to last 3 yrs tho?? Im thinkin maybe 2 at max

and is Shannon completely out of the picture??

Sources: Bryant, Bell to meet
EmailPrintComments
By Marc Stein
ESPN.com
Archive
The seemingly hard-to-picture prospect of Kobe Bryant and old nemesis Raja Bell playing for the same team remains alive.

The longtime rivals will sit down for a face-to-face chat Wednesday in Los Angeles to further discuss the feasibility of the Lakers signing Bell in free agency, sources close to the situation said.

Bryant

Bell
Bell is traveling to Los Angeles this week to watch the ESPYs and has arranged to meet with Bryant to hear the Lakers' face of the franchise make yet another recruiting pitch to the 33-year-old swingman.

Bell acknowledged last week in a phone interview with ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin that he has already fielded several phone calls from Bryant, who was unforgettably clotheslined to the floor by Bell in Game 5 of a testy Suns-Lakers series in 2006 that L.A. ultimately lost in seven games.

NBA front-office sources say that Bell continues to draw interest from a variety of playoff teams, such as Miami, Dallas and San Antonio. One source said signing with the Heat has essentially been ruled out because of Miami's financial constraints after signing LeBron James, Chris Bosh and Mike Miller to flank the re-signed Dwyane Wade and Udonis Haslem. But the Suns are also weighing the prospect of trying to bring Bell back.

Bryant, though, has not abandoned his pursuit and continues to press Bell to join the Lakers, who have only $1.8 million of their mid-level exception left to offer Bell next season after signing Steve Blake.

One source close to the situation said memories of Bell's takedown, which earned him a suspension for a Game 6 of the series -- the Suns, down 3-2, won the game at Staples Center without him -- are actually one reason why Bryant sees Bell as such an ideal teammate. The premise? Anyone with the gumption to hit Bryant that hard is someone he wants on his team.

The sentiments between them weren't so pleasant during the 2006 playoffs. After the hit, which earned Bell the nickname "Kobe Chopper," Bell publicly blasted Bryant as a "pompous, arrogant individual" who gets preferential treatment from the refs.

"It's a personal thing when someone continually hits you in the face," Bell said after Game 5.

Bryant then answered with a memorable rant during which he repeatedly referred to Bell, who is two years older, as some "kid."

"Does he know me?" Bryant said. "Do I know this guy? I don't know this guy. I might have said one word to this guy. I don't know this kid. I think he overreacts to stuff. ... I don't know this kid. I don't need to know this kid. I don't want to. We go out there, we play the game and leave it at that. Maybe he wasn't hugged enough as a kid. I look at him a little bit, he gets a little insecure or something. I don't know."

Four years later, Bryant and Bell know each other much better and have buried the animosity.

And the two-time defending champions still have an opening in their backcourt after signing Blake and Monday's re-signing of Derek Fisher, with Shannon Brown not expected back.

Bell played only six games last season because of a wrist injury. He began the season in Charlotte Bobcats, then was dealt to Golden State Warriors in November as part the Stephen Jackson trade. The Warriors released him in March, but Bell has been pursued by several playoff teams since free agency began July 1 now that he's recovered from December wrist surgery.

http://sports.espn.go.com...ba/news/story?id=5375672

Even though I like what he could bring to our team, I don't think I can ever root for Tinkerbell.
laugh.gif
@ Kobe going out and recruiting though, he needs to call up Mac as well.

bell would be legit...if kobe and him are able to put their past aside who cares we as fans should too

with Shannon Brown not expected back.

why? i thought it was just mickey mouse that was expected to leave us not sbreezy!
mad.gif

I expect Shannon to be back, for less money of course.

laugh.gif
does no one want him? No rumors on any team wanting him. Thats what he gets for opting out.

Originally Posted by sooperhooper

They say Kobe is supposed to be meeting with raja bell soon. I don't like that idea, honestly.

Today. 

[h2]http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/68102/20100713/kobe_to_meet_with_bell_on_wednesday/[/h2]
[h2]Kobe To Meet With Bell On Wednesday[/h2]
Jul 13, 2010 10:54 AM EST

lal_40.gif
Kobe Bryant will meet with free-agent guard Raja Bell on Wednesday, according to sources.

The pair are longtime rivals, but they are interested in joining forces in Los Angeles. Bell is traveling to L.A. this week for the ESPYs.

NBA front-offices say that Bell continues to draw interest from a number of playoff teams.

LetShannonBrownBack.com ! lol.. I wish Caracter was 6'11, dude has serious post game, only knock on him is his size(and probably fouls too much).. and IMO Ebanks will make the team.. TMAC pls!

we need raja bell.

the only guy left that the lakers could actually afford who is money from 3.

he probably wont sign though.

guess tmac wasnt willing to come off the bench?? or wants more money?

and NO to amundson. guy is a ****** and is trash from the freethrow line... we have enough guys who are trash from the the free throw line

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Louis Amundson? No?..
No, God no

alien.gif
at Kobe for possibly recrutin tinkerbell to come here. Do we realy need him that bad? If he was younger, i'd still be against it but I could understand it a lil more. He's 33 years old and injury prone. I'll pass

Bring back Shannon!
pimp.gif

Whether it's Shannon, Raja, T-Mac or somebody else the Lakers do need another guard...only ones on the roster at the moment are Kobe, Fish, Sasha and Blake.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Whether it's Shannon, Raja, T-Mac or somebody else the Lakers do need another guard...only ones on the roster at the moment are Kobe, Fish, Sasha and Blake.

Rather have another big man, but if Raja signs, won't be mad.

Now we just need Caracter and Ebanks to continue shining in the summer league, and into training camp.

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Rather have another big man, but if Raja signs, won't be mad.

Now we just need Caracter and Ebanks to continue shining in the summer league, and into training camp.
Bynum
Gasol/Odom/Caracter
Artset/Ebanks/Walton
Bryant/Vujacic
Fisher/Blake

A backup center and guard are the immediate needs. Depending on the condition of Puke's back and LO's transition, another small forward might be needed too. I doubt Phil and management want to rely on Ebanks as the primary backup behind Artest no matter how impressive he's been so far in summer league.

I think the Lakers should take a look at Nasty Nate, Bell, and maybe try to push for a guy like Sammy D.

I hate Raja prob more than anybody, but seriously yall would rather have shannon brown over a dude like Raja? i know i have a Shannon avy but other than that dunk and about 12 others what the #*$$ has he ever done good in a Laker uniform?

shannon brown has continuously grown while he's been a laker. he's also the most athletic player on our team currently(ebanks may give him a run for his money). the lakers are gradually becoming an old, slow team. we already let farmar walk, who is young and athletic and replaced him with an older, slower player in blake. if we lose a guy like shannon, and replace him with say raja bell, we become even older and slower. Think about it, how many guys on our team that we have under contract can really get out and run, relative to their position? Only players that come to mind are kobe, lamar, artest kinda, and pau. And none of those guys are spring chickens

Phil coached Rodman and Artest to championships...Coaching Nate would be nothing...but no way we'd get Nate(is he even a free agent? ) If Ridnour and Blake are gettin 16 mil contracts Nate is gonna get paid!

Back
Top Bottom