[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

Told ya'll Fish wasn't goin nowhere.....

I still want one more solid player on that bench.  Odom/Blake/Sasha/Walton isn't cutting it for me, I need another player. 

Fisher just announced his thoughts on the whole thing on Twitter like two minutes ago
(start reading from the bottom up)

I am confident I will continue to lead this team on and off the court. Let the hunt for six begin... Derek

While this may not be the most lucrative contract I've been offered this off season, it is the most valuable.

I have decided to continue with Kobe, continue with our teammates and the fans of Los Angeles.

We have won five championships together.

He & I have played together for 11 seasons, came into the league together as kids, & has been loyal to me even when others had doubts.

At the end of the day, there's one person I could not turn away from. Kobe Bryant asked me to stay but supported whatever decision I made.

I listened to every coach, every general manager, even potential teammates in order to make the right decision & I thank every one of them.

Numbers reported were guesses & true "sources" were few & far between.I took time to consider all my options, many not reported in the media

and determine what new goals I want to achieve in the future. Many reports were completely false.

My free agency was a time for me to reevaluate my position in the league, reflect on my accomplishments individually and as a teammate,

Statement from Derek Fisher July 12, 2010
7 minutes ago via web

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

dudes were ready to commit suicide thinkin fish was leaving
roll.gif
aint that the truth. and the same people are gonna be calling for Fish's head before the next trade deadline.

Fools be
indifferent.gif
Fish all season long then all of a sudden in the playoffs its
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
"FISH, MY DUDE"
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

laugh.gif

It wasn't so much about him leaving...but joining the Heat after all of this?
sick.gif

But hey...I like him continuing to start with Blake backing him up. That's fine with me.

damn fisher just might be the lakers next coach lol

now we need to sign tmac and kurt thomas or juwan howard

Fisher/Blake
Kobe/Sasha
Artest/Odom/Walton
Pau
Bynum

Need a big man in there, I hope Caracter and Ebanks make the team.

I know Odom wants to play more SF, but he's gonna give up that dream soon.

Good to see Fish back in the fold
pimp.gif

Now go get T-Mac (since Luke is probably going to never see the floor) and another big and we're set. I like what I'm seeing from Ebanks and Character though.

Originally Posted by dyyhard

cus he knows the Lakers are better and he's a winner.

Derek Fisher has decided to stay with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Credit Kobe Bryant with the assist.

246.jpg

Fisher

"I have decided to continue with Kobe, continuewith our teammates and the fans of Los Angeles," Fisher said in astatement. "While this may not be the most lucrative contract I've beenoffered this offseason, it is the most valuable. I am confident I willcontinue to lead this team on and off the court. Let the hunt for sixbegin."

The Lakers have won two straight titles and five inFisher's tenure with the team. He gets a three-year deal to return,with a player option on the final year. Monetary terms were notimmediately available.

Fisher, 35, had been courted by the Miami Heat.He met with Miami president Pat Riley and owner Micky Arison at theMandarin Oriental Hotel in Miami on Saturday morning where the Heattold him it wanted him to be its starting point guard and to join LeBron James, Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh.

"Itook time to consider all my options, many not reported in the media,"Fisher said. "I listened to every coach, every general manager, evenpotential teammates in order to make the right decision and I thankevery one of them. At the end of the day, there's one person I couldnot turn away from.

For more news and notes on the Lakers, check out the Land O' Lakers blog from the Kamenetzky brothers. Blog

"Kobe Bryant asked me to stay butsupported whatever decision I made. He and I have played together for11 seasons, came into the league together as kids, and has been loyalto me even when others had doubts. We have won five championshipstogether."

The Lakers had been in constant contact withFisher and his representative Rob Pelinka since the free-agentnegotiating period opened on July 1, although negotiations hadproceeded slowly but amicably.

Fisher averaged 7.5 points and 2.5assists per game last season, but he stepped up with some big shots inthe playoffs, especially against the Celtics in the NBA Finals.
jrcish.jpg

Originally Posted by Mamba MVP

I like what I'm seeing from Ebanks and Character though.
pimp.gif
Fish making the proper decision. So we're just in need of another guard and big right?

And Ebanks and Caracter are definitely making some noise in the Summer League, you guys think both can make the roster?

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

pimp.gif
Fish making the proper decision. So we're just in need of another guard and big right?

And Ebanks and Caracter are definitely making some noise in the Summer League, you guys think both can make the roster?

I don't see why not, I can see us picking up another wing and another big this offseason, so that'll put us at 10 players. With ebanks and caracter that puts us 12 deep, phil only really uses a 8/9 man rotation so the rookies can pretty much sit and learn for the majority of the year

Originally Posted by Jiffyl00b

pimp.gif

I don't see why not, I can see us picking up another wing and another big this offseason, so that'll put us at 10 players. With ebanks and caracter that puts us 12 deep, phil only really uses a 8/9 man rotation so the rookies can pretty much sit and learn for the majority of the year

Back
Top Bottom