Winter Shoe-wear - Vol. Walking in the snow

normal kicks
+ these
YakTraxPro.jpg

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

Originally Posted by Dwele Farooq Al Suleed Afzul

People keep posting pics with no name or info, why? ANyways, I kind of want to mess with these Nike snowboarding boots, but it doesn't snow enough here. They seem like they'd be wide enough to also accommodate some wool socks.

nike-zoom-force-1-snowboard-boots.jpg

nike-snowboarding-zoom-dk-danny-kass-boot-01-521x540.jpg
You want to mess with them for snowboarding?  Aside from the people that've been able to get them for less than $100 at Ross or Marshalls, you have better options for snowboard boots at the retail price.

If you want them just to wear in the winter...
eyes.gif

Do they have normal outsoles? I couldn't find a pick of the outsole. I love the Nike AF1 Highs, these are basically that but with an extra lining for thermal protection.

People keep posting pics with no name or info, why? ANyways, I kind of want to mess with these Nike snowboarding boots, but it doesn't snow enough here. They seem like they'd be wide enough to also accommodate some wool socks.

nike-zoom-force-1-snowboard-boots.jpg

nike-snowboarding-zoom-dk-danny-kass-boot-01-521x540.jpg
You want to mess with them for snowboarding?  Aside from the people that've been able to get them for less than $100 at Ross or Marshalls, you have better options for snowboard boots at the retail price.

eyes.gif

Do they have normal outsoles? I couldn't find a pick of the outsole. I love the Nike AF1 Highs, these are basically that but with an extra lining for thermal protection.

eyes.gif

ZoomForce1_BKWE4.jpg

Not a normal AF1 outsole since it's wider and has more traction BUT they're NOTHING like AF1 highs. 

Have you ever worn snowboarding boots?  They're way bulkier, much warmer and have some forward flex.  I wear a thinner snowboarding sock unless it's like -10 or something crazy because your feet will get warm.  That being said, I wouldn't recommend buying snowboard boots to wear around for normal winter wear.  I'm used to my boots from snowboarding so much and they're generally comfortable to me but I wouldn't choose to wear them around for a long time otherwise.  I can't wait to loosen them at lunch or take them off at the end of the day.

Look around for an actual winter boot.

eyes.gif

ZoomForce1_BKWE4.jpg

Not a normal AF1 outsole since it's wider and has more traction BUT they're NOTHING like AF1 highs. 

Have you ever worn snowboarding boots?  They're way bulkier, much warmer and have some forward flex.  I wear a thinner snowboarding sock unless it's like -10 or something crazy because your feet will get warm.  That being said, I wouldn't recommend buying snowboard boots to wear around for normal winter wear.  I'm used to my boots from snowboarding so much and they're generally comfortable to me but I wouldn't choose to wear them around for a long time otherwise.  I can't wait to loosen them at lunch or take them off at the end of the day.

Look around for an actual winter boot.

Just copped these off timberland.com, already on sale, +30% off, +another 20% off and free shipping with code CELEBRATE10. Came out to $64 after tax.
pTBL1-7894028v275.jpg

30t6p3b.gif
winter storm caught me without boots this year.

Just copped these off timberland.com, already on sale, +30% off, +another 20% off and free shipping with code CELEBRATE10. Came out to $64 after tax.
pTBL1-7894028v275.jpg

30t6p3b.gif
winter storm caught me without boots this year.

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

with current sales like this, i was thinking about possibly copping the timberland 6inch earthkeeper boot, http://tbl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTBL1-7899712v275.jpg (didnt feel like embedding)
i've heard a lot of problems with the soles wearing out.  anyone have this problem too or perhaps have their own review on them?

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

with current sales like this, i was thinking about possibly copping the timberland 6inch earthkeeper boot, http://tbl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pTBL1-7899712v275.jpg (didnt feel like embedding)
i've heard a lot of problems with the soles wearing out.  anyone have this problem too or perhaps have their own review on them?

Back
Top Bottom