Will you vote for Resident Obama in 2012?

Originally Posted by E3LAL

Originally Posted by Essential1

ogskizzel wrote:
really? has he done anything he promised to do?
at least look at the news once a month before you ask a stupid question..

As for the original question... yes...  begrudgingly...

But even though I'm in NY and my vote means squat because he will carry my state.. I need to do whatever I legally can to make sure one of these current batch of republicans don't become president.
Please tell me what he has done that he promised?  He only got the gay/military issue done, but that is about it.
We voted in a liberal and got a conservative
alien.gif

Credit Card Bill of Rights
Stimulus
Health Care Reform (like or dislike it, Democrat after Democrat has failed with it)
Student Loan Reform
Expanded Hate Crimes Bill
Start Treaty
Withdrawal of Combat Troops in Iraq
Equal Pay Laws
Funding Stem Cell Research
New Hate Crimes Bill
College Loan Reforms
Don't Ask Don't Tell
Increased funding in NASA
Head Start Program for Public Schooling
Diplomacy toward Middle East/Central Asia countries
Lifted some economic restrictions that were placed on Cuba during the Cold War, which also allowed people to visit their families
Consumer Protection Bureau
Extended benefits to same-sex couples that traditionally were only offered to heterosexual couples
Increased requirements on fuel economy for car manufacturers by 2016
Children's Health Reauthorization Act
Increased funding for scientific research and development through the stimulus
Cuts to defense budget (on the recomendation of Sec. Gates)
Expansion of Medicare (requirements now include those up to 133% above federal poverty level)

I may think he acts like a push over, and acts Center Right, but at the same time, I am not foolish enough to say he hasn't done anything he promised.

ogskizzel wrote:
really? has he done anything he promised to do?

But even though I'm in NY and my vote means squat because he will carry my state.. I need to do whatever I legally can to make sure one of these current batch of republicans don't become president.
Please tell me what he has done that he promised?  He only got the gay/military issue done, but that is about it.
alien.gif

Stimulus
Health Care Reform (like or dislike it, Democrat after Democrat has failed with it)
Student Loan Reform
Start Treaty
Equal Pay Laws
New Hate Crimes Bill
College Loan Reforms
Don't Ask Don't Tell
Lifted some economic restrictions that were placed on Cuba during the Cold War, which also allowed people to visit their families
Extended benefits to same-sex couples that traditionally were only offered to heterosexual couples
Expansion of Medicare (requirements now include those up to 133% above federal poverty level)

I may think he acts like a push over, and acts Center Right, but at the same time, I am not foolish enough to say he hasn't done anything he promised.

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by gil23

How can you do anything when you got this f...ing republicans sabotaging the house and the senate.....just saying
laugh.gif
, you just start watching politics or what?  This "game" has been going on for over 200 years.
and your point is? it doesnt change the fact
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 8tothe24

Originally Posted by gil23

How can you do anything when you got this f...ing republicans sabotaging the house and the senate.....just saying
laugh.gif
, you just start watching politics or what?  This "game" has been going on for over 200 years.
and your point is? it doesnt change the fact
roll.gif

Thats why i dont even like to talkl about politics...Its all #*##+!!% except for a few people who are trying to do the right thing.

Thats why i dont even like to talkl about politics...Its all #*##+!!% except for a few people who are trying to do the right thing.

Voting serves no absolute purpose. The powers that be control both sides . Lobbyist , military industrial complex and the drug pharmaceutical companies got this world in a chokehold...

Voting serves no absolute purpose. The powers that be control both sides . Lobbyist , military industrial complex and the drug pharmaceutical companies got this world in a chokehold...

alien.gif

Stimulus
Student Loan Reform
Start Treaty
Equal Pay Laws
New Hate Crimes Bill
College Loan Reforms
Don't Ask Don't Tell

Be back w/ my response in the morning...
IMO he hasn't been liberal enough.  What do you think?

alien.gif

Stimulus
Student Loan Reform
Start Treaty
Equal Pay Laws
New Hate Crimes Bill
College Loan Reforms
Don't Ask Don't Tell

url

Anyone with common sense would vote for Ron Paul, unfortunately he doesn't hang out with enough rappers.

Ron Paul > _________

url

Anyone with common sense would vote for Ron Paul, unfortunately he doesn't hang out with enough rappers.

Ron Paul > _________

Originally Posted by rashi

url

Ron Paul > _________

Ron Paul wants the US to end paper money, and go to a gold standard. Dude wants us out of the UN. And eliminate the CIA. Among many other loony tune things.

url

Ron Paul > _________

Ron Paul wants the US to end paper money, and go to a gold standard. Dude wants us out of the UN. And eliminate the CIA. Among many other loony tune things.

Originally Posted by franchise3

url

Ron Paul > _________

Ron Paul wants the US to end paper money, and go to a gold standard. Dude wants us out of the UN. Among many other loony tune things.

Wait, you mean he wants to end a Central Banking system that has been robbing the American people for 100 years? He wants to end a system that funnels money to a small group of individuals? He wants to get out of a organization that orders the U.S. military what to do?

Yeah....Looney tune.

Keep on voting for murders and Wall St. puppets.

Originally Posted by franchise3

url

Ron Paul > _________

Ron Paul wants the US to end paper money, and go to a gold standard. Dude wants us out of the UN. Among many other loony tune things.

Wait, you mean he wants to end a Central Banking system that has been robbing the American people for 100 years? He wants to end a system that funnels money to a small group of individuals? He wants to get out of a organization that orders the U.S. military what to do?

Yeah....Looney tune.

Keep on voting for murders and Wall St. puppets.

alien.gif

Stimulus
Student Loan Reform
Start Treaty
Equal Pay Laws
New Hate Crimes Bill
College Loan Reforms
Don't Ask Don't Tell

I'm not arguing whether or not he is liberal or not..  What I was saying is it is foolish to say he has done nothing he promised.. Every president overpromises.. You can't expect to get 100% of what you want or what he even wants.. I was just putting in perspective regarldess of how he is ideologically in the White House, he still has had major accomplishments that he promised as canidate Obama.

But I do agree that he is not nearly liberal enough.. And if he was, and was a strong progressive, he would have accomplished a lot more, and we'd be in MUCH BETTER shape... I think he is Center Right.. Unfortunately Obama didn't use the same type of opportunity that "Reconstruction Presidents" like an FDR or Reagan had, where he could completely transform the political landscape for a generation.

Back
Top Bottom