Why is Popeyes so slow

Get 3 sandwiches.

He better not cut the line or he gonna get dropped again....
BoringIncredibleBetafish-size_restricted.gif

I've had CFA twice I think. Got the reg Chicken Sandwich and waffle fries meal. Like 6 waffle fries in the container both times. That common? Sandwich was good too, but Popeye's bricohe and crispiness of the breading made it better IMO.

I tried both the regular and the spicy today and I gotta agree with everything debso debso has said in this thread.

It’s an average sammich, but the sauce makes the sandwich more than anything as opposed to chick fil a where the actual chicken by itself is pretty damn good. I’d take chick fil a or shake shack over this.

Seeing a lot of food bloggers and people online in general hyping this sandwich up as if it took chick fil a out. Ima view that more so as them letting their personal feelings toward chick fil a’s lgbt views trumping common sense in terms of which sandwich tastes better.

Seeing a lot of food bloggers and people online in general hyping this sandwich up as if it took chick fil a out. Ima view that more so as them letting their personal feelings toward chick fil a’s lgbt views trumping common sense in terms of which sandwich tastes better.
so you can honestly come to this conclusion because you don't like the sandwich?

as if taste isn't subjective

so you can honestly come to this conclusion because you don't like the sandwich?

as if taste isn't subjective

Maybe not for everyone, but a good chunk of the articles I read, it came off as if their personal biases affected their judgement. The articles spoke of how the writers were looking for a reason to stop eating chick fil a so their personal feelings overtook subjectivity.

As for the actual sandwich itself, to each their own. But I’ve been seeing people use their feelings toward chick fil a’s personal views to effect how they feel toward the actual taste of the food.

Peep game.
Line was crazy long, and kitchen was backed up. I was hungry asf copped the 2pc special first ate that, while waiting for my chicken sammich to get made .
My order got called "Q" they put another 2pc chicken in the bag cause they forget they already handed me one earlier. Caught them slipping and jetted out of there.
IMG_20190820_151926441.jpg

I ain't greedy so I'm gonna probably give this 2pc chicken to the homeless guy near my way. If he's there.

Last edited:
I tried both the regular and the spicy today and I gotta agree with everything debso debso Ima view that more so as them letting their personal feelings toward chick fil a’s lgbt views trumping common sense in terms of which sandwich tastes better.

Or maybe it's just their personal preference. After all, it's a chicken sandwich. It's subjective.

I agree though, there's a narrative against CFA and it's definitely contributing to peoples' biases against them. I love CFA and will continue eating there, despite not agreeing with some of their views. At the end of the day, I think of the different times I've been to CFA and how consistently great the experiences have been. All this mess about CFA having to worry is really fool's talk, the joint doesn't even open on Sundays and it's still the top chicken franchise/fast-food chains out there. That's 52 days/ 1 1/2 month less in operation per year, yet still dominating, so nothing huge to worry about.

All that being said, the Popeyes chicken sandwich is a great sandwich because of all its qualities combined. It's the total package, and Popeyes is under an umbrella of restaurants so that means they're likely to continue tweaking or adding things to it. Therefore, we better get a damn ghost pepper chicken sandwich. CFA's chicken sandwich is a great sandwich because its actual chicken is so fire and the potential for customization due to their assortment of sauces. CFA's sandwich is the epitome of "less is more" because it knows what it is and that it doesn't have to mess with success.

Or maybe it's just their personal preference. After all, it's a chicken sandwich. It's subjective.

It is subjective. But read my response to his initial post. In their little blogs and reviews they openly write about how they’ve been looking for a replacement to chick fil a because they don’t like the companies personal views, so it’s hard to view a review like that as subjective.

But there is subjective and there is personal biases. Living in Cali, people swore by in n out as if it was the only relevant fast food burger In their eyes. Shake shack would be trash to them, same with the habit etc where it just came off as a personal bias.

It’s not out the question for some people to have how they view chick fil a as a company to impact how they rate or review the two sandwiches.

Subjectivity and personal biases both exist.

I don’t care for CFA and their views…I go there for their chicken sandwiches and their salads and that’s it… the only thing their sandwich has over popeyes for the chicken sandwich is it has cheese… everything else its not even close for me… the bun is better, the taste is better im referring to the spicy because both plain are tasteless and need sauce, the chicken is crispier and just fatter… the popeyes chicken sandwich just lacks cheese but imo you can do without it… im a still go to CFA for their chicken sandwiches and more importantly salads but my first preference for chicken sandwich will be popeyes…CFA chicken sandwich is still really good but they are #2 for me imo

The real question is will folks have this same energy for Popeye's 2 years from now. I strongly suspect, people are caught up in the moment. NT is good for it.

Back
Top Bottom