Why is it so hard for people to manage their money?

What the title says. 

I don't know, I just never understood it. It seems like more and more I see people who can't manage their money and are always complaining, suffering, or putting themselves in predicaments that could've been avoided. I know people who complain literally everytime we talk that they don't have any money for bills, food, etc. And one girl in particular does it all the time.

People like to buy ****. Some people have control, some don't. That simple.

they think they can try to stunt like me but they are sadly mistaken. get ya money up 

Cuz they want what they can't afford and still buy it anyway. They think they can get around the consequences or are actually dumb enough not to consider them.

Sometimes I start to feel bad for them but then it's like whatever, not my problem. I try to help if I can but most of the time it's useless so I'm always like "yeah that sucks. Bummer"  

People are trained to be financially illiterate impulse buyers.   We should teach financial literacy in public schools but that's too empowering...
The scary part is that most teachers are pretty bad with money themselves. Even though they get paid 10 times a year, they act like it's 12. All those teachers doing summer school? It's probably because they didn't plan for the summer months.

I don't have the money for it but damn I want that graphite damier louis v belt. Tho I have control once my account hits 0. I splurge even if I only have $20 :smh:
....ain't like you can take it with you

I'm burying a 3 million dollars with me. Just watch

Last edited:
The scary part is that most teachers are pretty bad with money themselves. Even though they get paid 10 times a year, they act like it's 12. All those teachers doing summer school? It's probably because they didn't plan for the summer months.

crcballer srs question because you def chime in on any thread relating to finances.

what even brings you to a place like Niketalk this place is definition of materialism

you prob used to be into sneakers but grown out of it, you seem like you dont buy anything frivolous.

People are trained to be financially illiterate impulse buyers.   We should teach financial literacy in public schools but that's too empowering...

teachers have the option to get paid 10 or 12 times a year. They choose which one they want.

In my area a teacher will get by if they're single or married with combined incomes. Raising a family? not happening comfortably. This is in the Silicon Valley however.

Also if you have a masters or PHD you get a pretty nice pay bump.

Where are you getting that "most teachers" statistic from? Sounds like you're making that up. Teachers actually DO get paid during the summer but they get one big check in June. They often get a summer gig to double up on a pay check. Teachers don't nearly get paid enough yet people expect them to work miracles. You want better teachers, raise the salary. Higher pay leads to higher competition for those jobs instead of taking the first that comes through the door.

Me and my girl bust our ***** at work... We're entitled to spend what we worked for.
I agree. If you work hard then you deserve to spend on yourselves and treat yourself well

It's more-so the fact that people are spending money they don't have and then complaining about it. They don't manage their money and then try to make excuses or blame it on something/someone else.. 

tomorrow aint promised partna

this may be my last night on earth.

this may be the last thing i type.

so, while im here im going to enjoy as much right now as i can.

and sadly, some of that costs money

sometimes when i go shopping i get free stuff cuz of my handsome face.

im about to go to wal mart to drop at least 20 dollars on Thor 2 on blu ray. probably more.

im unemployed. and i have been for months. wont work again until april

i dont get food stamps, i dont get unemployment and the only girl blowying up my phone is Sallie Mae

unless i become a Mansititute, i dont know where my next dollar is coming from til april

so, me being a college educated/former scientist/scary looking black man......why am i going to go at wal mart at 12am to spend 20 dollars on thor 2 on blu ray knowing i should save that 20-25 dollars for something else.................

cuz i wanna watch thor 2 on blu ray.

indifferent.gif

Back
Top Bottom