Why do ppl finance a Escalade or luxury car but can barely keep up the car notes, insurance, gas, et

It's crazy, dudes will scratch and push your car with their car to get in a spot. No wonder people have those eye sore bumper guards.

sick.gif

You sound salty. I'm pretty sure 99% of NT has done something with their money the next man would think is stupid. Like people who rock 100+ dollar wallets. Or 200+ tees.

You sound salty that you can't afford, to not be able to afford a Escalade.
I never understood why people think like this

Someone giving advice that isn't what the majority thinks = salty, hating, cant afford it

sick.gif

Why didn't you ask why people finance houses? Just cop a extra smedium studio apartment if that's all you could afford to pay in full.

But the topic is about LUXURY CARS...most of the population don't have a few hundred thousand dollars layin around to buy a house in cash which is why most ppl finance a house, so your question is invalid....
And most people don't have $50,000 laying around that's why they finance a car, thought this was common knowledge

The difference between a house and car is that houses generally appreciate over time so you can sell and come out ahead if you need to. With a car, it'll be worth about half after a 5 year period and you'll be underwater on the loan for the first 3 years.

Not if you cop da SRT8. :smokin

I from the hood so I get what yo're saying. They just want the status. They want to look better than their peers. People in the hood love to compete with one another, Just so they can say they got better things than the next man.

Some people just think that living at home with mom and paying $1000 a month on car expenses just to look good on the road and pulling up to the club is worth it.

Last edited:
When I was younger, dumb & ignorant I lived well above my means for no reason other than "to make it look like I got it like that". In all honesty I had so much materialistic bs and spent money on clothes, $40 grand on a 4 runner, closet full if Jordan's...and had less then a g-note in my bank account. There's something seriously wrong with that.

Nowadays roughly a month before my 29th bday I live well below my means, live with my mom, an overtime **** at work and down graded to a Camry. Riding this out for over 2 years now. Now I'm buying a house, closing date is December 17.

Live within your means fellas. Lesson learned.

Someone giving advice that isn't what the majority thinks = salty, hating, cant afford it

:x

Lol he wasn't giving advice. He was making a statement which was one filled with sodium and hate

There's plenty of shoes that cost 50 bucks, j's are not a necessity.

There's plenty of dollar menus, steak is not a necessity.

There's plenty of cheap trailers, a house is not a necessity.

See how dumb that sounds. Point is you can't explain another mans purchasing power.

Last edited:
:smh:
I see nothing but sound logic and the truth. Whats dumb about his statement?

I make good money and see myself as very responsible. The fact that I'm able to cash out 1k on some limited kicks doesn't mean I can afford them either.

Payments are figured in to a responsible budget.

It kills me when people tell another man what and what they can't afford. It's 1000 variables into that statement. Job security, interest, location, price of living, yada yada yada.
You missed the point.

Affording to borrow the money to purchase said item is not the same as affording to purchase said item.

That's why OP is wrong because rather you can afford the maintenance and car payments, you technically still can't afford the car either if your financing. If someone who could afford to drop 40k on a whip made a thread and asked why do people finance, that would be the same logic OP is using.

To sum this up, @OP, let people live and do them. May not be smart decision but if you (amongst numerous posters in this thread including myself) know better why does it matter. :rolleyes

:x

Lol he wasn't giving advice. He was making a statement which was one filled with sodium and hate

There's plenty of shoes that cost 50 bucks, j's are not a necessity.

There's plenty of dollar menus, steak is not a necessity.

There's plenty of cheap trailers, a house is not a necessity.

See how dumb that sounds. Point is you can't explain another mans purchasing power.

what's wrong with that logic? more young folks need this mentality because they think they need to have the finest or at least portray that they do. it goes to being financially responsible. adopting a mindset similar to the one posted above (not completely black and white) is a good place to start for some people.

how old is op? why make this dumb post anyway....its all preference. just watch TV...what they try to sell u on the TV is what people really feel they need when they dont..but the variables in this topic are literally impossible to count which makes this question.....stupid.

what's wrong with that logic? more young folks need this mentality because they think they need to have the finest or at least portray that they do. it goes to being financially responsible. adopting a mindset similar to the one posted above (not completely black and white) is a good place to start for some people.

I agree, but OP and others are using blanket statements. Like you said it would be good place to start for some people, but not all.

At the end of the day this thread is pointless. People gonna do what makes them happy no matter your opinion or mine. It's never bothered me what people do with the money and credit they earned.

Some of you spend way too much time worrying about others.

I hope some of you never financed anything or ever used a credit card. Straight cash homey.

Why buy a house with interest rates from mortgages when you can just rent. :\
Why buy a $400,000 house :\

Some of you spend way too much time worrying about others.

I hope some of you never financed anything or ever used a credit card. Straight cash homey.

Why buy a house with interest rates from mortgages when you can just rent. :\
Why buy a $400,000 house :\

Owning property is an investment, renting is pretty much throwing money away at some point.

Because of the lenders. Don't let that fool you into thinking renting > owning. Grab a house in your price range is all you need to do.

I was being sarcastic, but they're more risk than just with lenders

Why didn't you ask why people finance houses? Just cop a extra smedium studio apartment if that's all you could afford to pay in full.
But the topic is about LUXURY CARS...most of the population don't have a few hundred thousand dollars layin around to buy a house in cash which is why most ppl finance a house, so your question is invalid....
No his, question is valid.

95% of the population don't have extra tens of thousands of dollars in cash lying around to buy  a car regardless of whether it's luxury or economy class.

It's always funny how certain people like to point the finger at the segment of the population financing Escalades but they're completely OK with the part of the population financing an Accord that they can't technically afford either.

No his, question is valid.

95% of the population don't have extra tens of thousands of dollars in cash lying around to buy  a car regardless of whether it's luxury or economy class.

It's always funny how certain people like to point the finger at the segment of the population financing Escalades but they're completely OK with the part of the population financing an Accord that they can't technically afford either.

:\

Back
Top Bottom