Why do ppl finance a Escalade or luxury car but can barely keep up the car notes, insurance, gas, et

I'm so glad I paid my car off in 2 in the half year out of a 5 year loan car loan back in March of this year..:smokin After reading these responses, I was looking into getting a Dodge Charger RT max next year, which is a $38,000 car, but I'm no having second thoughts now. Maybe a base model Avalon now. it's crazy how so many people live above their means just ti impress people. Thanks NT for giving me a reality check..

Man after having two carnotes since I turned 18 it's definitely not worth it. I'm 28 now and I'm to the point id rather keep that 400 bucks a month and have a paid off whip. I make more than the average American and about 2 years ago I was still basically living paycheck to paycheck. I had my stupid moments where I would spend a g in the mall just cause I had 4 left , but once I had a reality check, and realized how much $ I was wasting, I cut that off real quick. Even my wife had to fall back on all that Michael kors etc coppin on the reg.

I wear dress shoes Monday- Friday, yet I had over 150 pairs of kicks? Man I downsized big time and now just keep 15 pair. At the end of the day, I would rather have $$ than material goods. So a 50 k car is out of the question. I'm in the process of purchasing a 150,000 house because that's what I can afford. I don't need a 300k crib even though I can make the payments no problem. Threads like this definitely keep my reality checked. My wife is a stay at home mom, and lord forbid I lose my job at least we both can work at best buy or something part time and still be able to live our current life style.

I have a feeling houses don't really appreciate like the world thinks

Regardless if you pay it off you'd most likely money or break even. Hell even a loss is better then renting your whole life. There's no way around that.

A lil off topic but I like how some of you are down playing the fact that most of us want to have nice things. Like only people without make excuses for being happier without. When's the last person you've seen with **** say they wanna give it all back? That's more directed at Halftimes quote.

https://goodnewsnetwork.org/inspired/individuals/billionaire-feeney-gave-most-of-his-money-away.html

I think many people finance in order to not part with a large amount of funds in case of other expenses or emergencies. Even if you do have the ability to pay in full, most people still finance to some extent. It builds credit.

And I also believe people want to be in nice cars so they feel good about themselves, it's true. And in this stressful life we all live, who are we to say they aren't entitled to do so if it makes them feel better? Comfortable seats for the way to work and a backup camera while parking are pluses as well. 

But I do agree that it is not wise to get a car note if you can't afford to pay for the rest of your expenses. You may have to cut down where you can, but coming up short on necessities is a no no.  

Paying off the whip by Jan though 
smokin.gif

car note looks like balling on a budget to me

SMH the hate in here is hard. Either your trolling or your still in your moms basement.

What are you talking about idiot? :rolleyes You're so insecure you took that as a negative when I meant it seems smart to style while not dropping a bunch of money. Nothing wrong with balling conservatively, it's your money. I have a damn car note myself, relax.

honestly fake it till you make it is pretty true if you are actively trying to gain access to circles normally unavailable to you

I don't understand people here.

So if someone buys a nice car it's only to impress other individuals? What if they want a nice car because they like nice cars?

What if they aren't trying to portray an image and just want the car because they love it?

Not everyone buys things to impress others. Sorry if most of u feel that way. But some people don't care what others think and are humble.

So please stop that nonsense.

What are you talking about idiot? :rolleyes You're so insecure you took that as a negative when I meant it seems smart to style while not dropping a bunch of money. Nothing wrong with balling conservatively, it's your money. I have a damn car note myself, relax.

My bad I misunderstood you but let's chill with all that name callin.

But it's not balling on a budget it's called living life. The term balling on a budget seems fit for college kids and *******s, not a grown man.

I have a feeling houses don't really appreciate like the world thinks

The housing crash is a direct result of the blanket belief that owning a house >>>>>

Regardless if you pay it off you'd most likely money or break even. Hell even a loss is better then renting your whole life. There's no way around that.

STRONGLY disagree. Here's a basic article on the subject. http://business.time.com/2012/12/03/is-it-better-to-rent-or-to-buy/ Personal circumstances should determine whether one rents or buys, not because it's some magical ladder to wealth.

I know this is the exception but there are people out there who can earn more on that money than the interest they would have been charged if they took the loan. No point in shelling out a lump sum unless the loan has a high interest rate.

Aka Economic Cost vs. Accounting Cost.

Having gone through that phase of living outside of my means and spending all my money and buying tons of stuff on credit to portray a certian image, I really can judge anyone else who's doing the same.

Ill give advise if someone asks for it but I'm not going to put my nose in the air and look down on someone doing what alot of teens/dudes in their early 20's do.

You live and you learn though. Maxing out credit cards and having all your money on material stuff you really can't afford is fun until the bills come. I live within my means now but it took learning from my mistakes to do so though.

Credit isn't always bad though if you use it right. If your buying stuff you can afford and you pay it off right away before it accumulates interest your just getting easy rewards points. If your buying stuff you can profit off on credit and pay it off right away its the same thing.

Its a bad look when dudes try and ball out and live out of their means strictly to try and get yambz though. Its way to common for the dude with the nice whip, nice outfit but no game whatsoever to lose out on yambz to the dude with the jorts, sketchers and southpole tee but has a good mouth piece.

Back
Top Bottom