Why do ppl finance a Escalade or luxury car but can barely keep up the car notes, insurance, gas, et

This reminds me, the other day at work I was looking outside the window and caught some chick getting her G wagon delivered to her by some rent a wheel company, as they were walking around inspecting the car it became clear that she rented some rims for her car.

As long as an image is valued more than having peace of mind, then there will always be people who finance things because they can't afford them. Up until the 50's, buying things on credit was highly frowned upon. Then Visa came along and changed everyone's mindset by saying "why use your cash today when you can have it for free for the next 50".

Most people walking on the car lot don't worry about the long term cost of the vehicle, only the monthly payment. That's why EVERY commercial you see on TV advertises the lowest possible monthly payment you can get on the car you want. They don't make their money on the sale of the car, they make most of it off of financing followed by the service center.

Why didn't you ask why people finance houses? Just cop a extra smedium studio apartment if that's all you could afford to pay in full.

But the topic is about LUXURY CARS...most of the population don't have a few hundred thousand dollars layin around to buy a house in cash which is why most ppl finance a house, so your question is invalid....
And most people don't have $50,000 laying around that's why they finance a car, thought this was common knowledge

But theres PLENTY of cars within the $2,000-$5,000 range, a luxury $50,000 car ISN'T a necessity, again you missed the whole point. You sound salty as hell too for no reason too.... 

It's not as easy to get a car financed as you're making it seem. Best believe if they couldn't afford the car note and insurance no company is financing them. Where the problem comes in is that they don't account for future expenses, all it takes is one emergency for them to be upside down on their loan.

at the end of the day, if you're not buying things in cash --- you can't afford it. 

credit is cool and all, but if most ppl were to lose their job/source of income they'd be ******. 

if you can't cash out your debt on the spot, it's above your means. 

Why didn't you ask why people finance houses? Just cop a extra smedium studio apartment if that's all you could afford to pay in full.
But the topic is about LUXURY CARS...most of the population don't have a few hundred thousand dollars layin around to buy a house in cash which is why most ppl finance a house, so your question is invalid....
And most people don't have $50,000 laying around that's why they finance a car, thought this was common knowledge
The difference between a house and car is that houses generally appreciate over time so you can sell and come out ahead if you need to. With a car, it'll be worth about half after a 5 year period and you'll be underwater on the loan for the first 3 years.

:x
But theres PLENTY of cars within the $2,000-$5,000 range, a luxury $50,000 car ISN'T a necessity, again you missed the whole point. You sound salty as hell too for no reason too.... 

You sound salty. I'm pretty sure 99% of NT has done something with their money the next man would think is stupid. Like people who rock 100+ dollar wallets. Or 200+ tees.

You sound salty that you can't afford, to not be able to afford a Escalade.

at the end of the day, if you're not buying things in cash --- you can't afford it. 

credit is cool and all, but if most ppl were to lose their job/source of income they'd be ******. 

That's a very dumb assumption.

Some of y'all really sounding butt hurt.

:x
You sound salty. I'm pretty sure 99% of NT has done something with their money the next man would think is stupid. Like people who rock 100+ dollar wallets. Or 200+ tees.

You sound salty that you can't afford, to not be able to afford a Escalade.

That's a very dumb assumption.

Some of y'all really sounding butt hurt.
:smh:
I see nothing but sound logic and the truth. Whats dumb about his statement?

:smh:
I see nothing but sound logic and the truth. Whats dumb about his statement?

I make good money and see myself as very responsible. The fact that I'm able to cash out 1k on some limited kicks doesn't mean I can afford them either.

Payments are figured in to a responsible budget.

It kills me when people tell another man what and what they can't afford. It's 1000 variables into that statement. Job security, interest, location, price of living, yada yada yada.

Bottom line, you buy what you can afford. Plain and simple. As long as you purchases/payments aren't interfering w/ your quality of life, do you.

Living in the projects and parking your Porsche Panamera on the street every night is foolish. Drive through Jamaica, NY. You'll see it everywhere.

Last edited:
Bottom line, you buy what you can afford. Plain and simple. As long as you purchases/payments aren't interfering w/ your quality of life, do you.

Exactly. If your monthly costs for an escalade are around the same if you had leased a civic, by all means, go ahead. I don't think people realize that luxury depreciates at such a fast rate that the final purchase price on a used one could be cheap. Yeah we know, maintenance blah blah blah. Sure it can get pricy, but do it correctly so you won't have to do it often.

Living in the projects and parking your Porsche Panamera on the street every night is foolish. Drive through Jamaica, NY. You'll see it everywhere.

See this is logic I don't get. A lot of people from the hood don't want to move away. I don't get it either but I know ****** making good money, good legit money who refuse to leave. So because you don't care about you living square footage, you can't have nice things? At the end of the day you gone do what makes you happy. I support that movement.

See this is logic I don't get. A lot of people from the hood don't want to move away. I don't get it either but I know ****** making good money, good legit money who refuse to leave. So because you don't care about you living square footage, you can't have nice things? At the end of the day you gone do what makes you happy. I support that movement.

I see it as hustling backwards. Living poorly, or in a bad environment and parking a 100k+ car on the street....

doesn't make much sense to me.

"People buy things they don't need, with money they don't have, to impress people they don't like." - Clive Hamilton

The difference between a house and car is that houses generally appreciate over time so you can sell and come out ahead if you need to. With a car, it'll be worth about half after a 5 year period and you'll be underwater on the loan for the first 3 years.

Not always, if you've been paying attention to the housing crash of the past few years.

But whose to say what someone can afford and what they can't? Counting other people's pockets is no bueno.

I see it as hustling backwards. Living poorly, or in a bad environment and parking a 100k+ car on the street....

doesn't make much sense to me.

Yeah I see it often. But I can see the savings aspect especially if you've lived there long and no one messes with you. I'm def getting a safe spot to park first before I make a vehicle purchase like that though.

Yeah I see it often. But I can see the savings aspect especially if you've lived there long and no one messes with you. I'm def getting a safe spot to park first before I make a vehicle purchase like that though.

I hear you...I always said...if I move back to NYC, I need a garage or assigned parking. I can't mess w/ the street anymore.

If there is one place where the next man does not respect your property, it's New York City. :lol:

Dents, on dents, on dents.

Same for scratches.

People just don't give a ****. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom