who's CURRENTLY da hotter NYC rapper outta these 2?

was ur pick?

• A$ap Rocky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • French Montana

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
in all fairness to french montana's brand, he has been doing those venues for more than 4 years now, he has had to go through the whole black ball with max and he rose above that,
where as a cat like asap rocky basically was a co-signed sensation over night, smart marketing but he was at the right place(tumblr) at the right time, French is basically a two shot pony
he was on his way as duo with max, and when max got locked up he revamped his tools and went down south for guidance. I mean as popular as asap is, his song f_in problems and
pop that are basically identical generic rap records, i go with french because his connection to the game started with a true NY artists in max b, where asap basically took bits and pieces other
underground acts like space-ghost, and lil b, sprinkle in other 90's influences, french does sound like a southern artist but he still uses max b song structure without claiming as his own.

I like the idea of the xxl cover but if NY is back its still in a identity crisis, i think some other artist like troy ave, joey bad-***, could help out a lil more. i swear joey badass could do for NY what kendrck lamar did for LA, he just needs better be......... more live instrumental beats to gain the attention his pen deserves,

sincerely from the fallen hip hop movement of 2012 that was "chicago" :smh:

1176243_o.gif
saw that cam'ron gif & this was playing in the background. 'twas epic.

Last edited:
u still was wrong, jay-z MADE a couple new york heads check for juvenile outside new orleans..you said it was hot out da gate when it wasn't.

Fixed.
It debuted at number 16 on Billboard for Hip-Hop out the gate.
Forget it though. There's no sense in arguing with you.
Dudes present you with FACTS, and you still too delusional to believe them.
I stand by my statement, that remix was trash..

Last edited:
you was wrong about da ha remix, and i caught u on it. 8)

Wait. You mean the one you said Jay made hot?

Come on man. That remix was weak. :lol:
u still was wrong, jay-z MADE people check for juvenile outside new orleans..you said it was hot out da gate when it wasn't.
man where are you getting these facts from? Back in the day that song stayed in the Rapcity rotation, and this is around the time NY cats started checking for Outkasts. The CashMoney thing was going to pop regardless, Jay's wackass verse did nothing to get Juvie love in NY. Go to bed you're done here, all your silly rebuttals have made us think even less of you than we did before.

u still was wrong, jay-z MADE a couple new york heads check for juvenile outside new orleans..you said it was hot out da gate when it wasn't.
Fixed.
It debuted at number 16 on Billboard for Hip-Hop out the gate.
Forget it though. There's no sense in arguing with you.
Dudes present you with FACTS, and you still too delusional to believe them.
I stand by my statement, that remix was trash..
man where are you getting these facts from? Back in the day that song stayed in the Rapcity rotation, and this is around the time NY cats started checking for Outkasts. The CashMoney thing was going to pop regardless, Jay's wackass verse did nothing to get Juvie love in NY. Go to bed you're done here, all your silly rebuttals have made us think even less of you than we did before.
900x900px-LL-b0899f99_IMG_20130217_070452.jpeg

shhhh. hush child.

Last edited:
can we just ban ksteezy and ninjahood? their time is up here.

I lost brain cells reading some of this man's rebuttals. :smh:

No one knows shot caller? >D this is why i dont respect 2013 rap fans..ya ****** dont leave ya house.

i dont doubt one bit a$ap is hotter then french is certain parts of california with those tumblr fixie bike hipster lames, but in da streets and in da clubs
which is a more populated demographic its no question who's killing it

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I don't even really like New York rap, but I'm rockin' wit French tho. I can't listen to rappers who wear skirts.

This thread is absolutely hilarious. Some of the "Arguments" being made in here
laugh.gif

Would read again.

French Montana is so terrible b. Son makes Rocky sound like the real Rakim.

:lol: Ninja is officially the Skip Bayless of the music forum.

I mess with French heavy but he's not more popular than Rocky. The tight skinny jean/skirt wearing dudes love Rocky. Even though French has some appeal
Rocky is tailor made for the pop audience. He's moved faster to that lane than Wiz and dude ain't even as good as Wiz. I think his new album is nice but to me Rocky is a hype machine.

Ninja is officially the Skip Bayless of the music forum.

It was all so simple but i never thought about it :rofl:

everytime i watch first take and wonder how it must feel to debate with someone who is clearly wrong and i just realized NH is the internet version of skip.

Damn j u a rapper and never liked any New York rap ? Sheesh

Of course I have listened to and liked New York rap. I'm talking about the stuff that is coming out of New York currently.

And I can't speak for New York, but Juvenile was hot in the south outside of NO waaaaaaaaaaaayyy before that remix. As soon as "HA" hit MTV and Rap City, it took off and everybody was on it. If I recall, that Jay Z remix wasn't even on the earlier pressings of that album.

Last edited:

Of course I have listened to and liked New York rap. I'm talking about the stuff that is coming out of New York currently.

And I can't speak for New York, but Juvenile was hot in the south outside of NO waaaaaaaaaaaayyy before that remix. As soon as "HA" hit MTV and Rap City, it took off and everybody was on it. If I recall, that Jay Z remix wasn't even on the earlier pressings of that album.
That Jay remix barely caught play in NY, recall only hearing it twice on the radio (when flex premiered it and when Clue played it during the monday night mixtape). Ninjahood is wild delusional.

That Jay remix barely caught play in NY, recall only hearing it twice on the radio (when flex premiered it and when Clue played it during the monday night mixtape). Ninjahood is wild delusional.

That remix caught zero play down here. I always thought it was hot, but it had nothing to do with Juvenile's success because the original was already fire. Like I said before, I can't speak for the New York demographic but outside of NY, that song blew up off the video, and Jay Z was not in it.

you smokin bath salts b...I SCANNED DA ARTICLE WHERE JUVENILE HIMSELF credits da explosion of that record thanks to da remix w/ jay-z

that **** is open and shut case.

Back
Top Bottom