who's CURRENTLY da hotter NYC rapper outta these 2?

was ur pick?

• A$ap Rocky

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • French Montana

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Imma go there **** it. Street dudes mess with french more, college kids, suburban kids mess with asap more plain n simple. Most people rock with music they can relate to nowadays n i must say i rather listen to french than asap, but that first asap tape went hard to me. Im the only dude in my circle of friends that heard any other asap before ******g problems and im 100% serious. I have 1 other friend that banged french during the max b days n he put me on back then (also a nter). If u go to more "hoods" outside of the east coast i think u hear more french, street ****** not trynna hear about raf simons and margiela. I mean like many have said before rick ross/jeezy/gucci/meek all got the hoods on smash right now and french is in every project theyve been putting out besides jeezy. Hell hes on damn near every lil wayne track so i can see ninjas argument but asap has the bloggers/internet/suburban demographic which out ways the streets.

^ I disagree...I'm not in the streets and I mess with French more but I can still admit Asap is hotter.

If you're outlets of information are limited to the source and worldstar you have no choice but to think French is more popular than what he really is. 

but if you want to compare it as such; streets vs suburban/college kids/hipsters.....the latter holds a much bigger market these days

Last edited:
Imma go there **** it. Street dudes mess with french more, college kids, suburban kids mess with asap more plain n simple. Most people rock with music they can relate to nowadays n i must say i rather listen to french than asap, but that first asap tape went hard to me. Im the only dude in my circle of friends that heard any other asap before ******g problems and im 100% serious. I have 1 other friend that banged french during the max b days n he put me on back then (also a nter). If u go to more "hoods" outside of the east coast i think u hear more french, street ****** not trynna hear about raf simons and margiela. I mean like many have said before rick ross/jeezy/gucci/meek all got the hoods on smash right now and french is in every project theyve been putting out besides jeezy. Hell hes on damn near every lil wayne track so i can see ninjas argument but asap has the bloggers/internet/suburban demographic which out ways the streets.

^ I disagree...I'm not in the streets and I mess with French more but I can still admit Asap is hotter.

If you're outlets of information are limited to the source and worldstar you have no choice but to think French is more popular than what he really is.

but if you want to compare it as such; streets vs suburban/college kids/hipsters.....the latter holds a much bigger market these days

What you disagreein' with? French is hotter in the streets, ASAP is hotter to nerds

Last edited:
What you disagreein' with? French is hotter in the streets, ASAP is hotter to nerds

You could word it any way you want ASAP is bigger than french Montana in the broad scope of hiphop. you think French threw Nicki on his first single because he wants only the streets to support him?

The ***** knows where that cash at the streets ain't gonna do **** for you except argue in barbershops, they ain't buying that official merch, they aint buying CD's, and they ain't goin to your shows outside the club

You could word it any way you want ASAP is bigger than french Montana in the broad scope of hiphop. you think French threw Nicki on his first single because he wants only the streets to support him?

The ***** knows where that cash at the streets ain't gonna do **** for you except argue in barbershops, they ain't buying that official merch, they aint buying CD's, and they ain't goin to your shows outside the club

I agree with you. I was just noticin' how you disagreed with the previous poster, then stated the exact same thing that he said.

nerds?

I think the problem is...a lot of the older street dudes on this thread just aren't up to date with who and what is street now.  For example, Ninja you live in the heights but don't sit here and front like ****** in the hood of the bx and harlem don't dress EXACTLY like Rocky and his crew but still put in work on the streets.  Just like some parts of the bx you will see dudes with Coke Boyz shirts on.

Sure, maybe "nerds" or hipsters propelled Asap to a hotter level.  But ****** been bumpin French from jump and he's just not as hot as you street dudes make or want him to be.  You're blinded by what YOU think is hot and not what everyone else does.

nerds?

I think the problem is...a lot of the older street dudes on this thread just aren't up to date with who and what is street now.  For example, Ninja you live in the heights but don't sit here and front like ****** in the hood of the bx and harlem don't dress EXACTLY like Rocky and his crew but still put in work on the streets.  Just like some parts of the bx you will see dudes with Coke Boyz shirts on.

Sure, maybe "nerds" or hipsters propelled Asap to a hotter level.  But ****** been bumpin French from jump and he's just not as hot as you street dudes make or want him to be.  You're blinded by what YOU think is hot and not what everyone else does.

I dunno' about New York, but all the tight jeans wearin' weirdos in the South are usually Finishline or Mcdonalds employees who spend most of their time on the internet studying clothes and rap music. They might think that they are tough because they listen to a lot of rappers who pretend to be tough, but they are really soft petty nerds.Go in the streets here and you gonna' see camo cargo shorts, Levis or Trues etc. and you gonna' hear Chief Keef, French, Young Scooter, Gucci. Jeezy etc.

Last edited:
I dunno' about New York, but all the tight jeans wearin' weirdos in the South are usually Finishline or Mcdonalds employees who spend most of their time on the internet studying clothes and rap music. They might think that they are tough because they listen to a lot of rappers who pretend to be tough, but they are really soft petty nerds.Go in the streets here and you gonna' see camo cargo shorts, Levis or Trues etc. and you gonna' hear Chief Keef, French, Young Scooter, Gucci. Jeezy etc.
In NY ****** in the streets rocking all these high end fashion brands just like Asap...matter fact French rocking Givenchy and all that too. 

That's why New York been fell off...
Truth be told people tripped about the south because they never thought nobody would modify the blueprint. And if you're really into the HIP-HOP culture you would notice that Southern HIP HOP represents more of the original elements of the culture than East Coast(or current East Coast) music. But if you look at ASAP's and Frecnh's forte they're merging those gaps. New York rap had gotten to super lyrical and forgot about the party and braggin and flash that made HIP HOP bold from the beginning. Hell there honestly wasn't a place for DJ's when you played New York HIP HOP because other than the lyrical element there was nothing. So if the DJ did anything it stole something from the record, that's why when southern rap started bringing 808's, stares, and hi hat to the front everything went into over drive and lets be honest the first real batch of southern artist were very lyrical.

Last edited:
cuz dudes are rocking high end stuff? lol it's called getting money

Harlem and some parts of the bx have been the forefront for fashion for street dudes in NY.  From my understanding the 80's was all about being flashy.  **** even back in the 70's with all the drug dealers...

Rocking baggy stuff isn't a sign of wealth up here...nowadays.  Don't let ninja fool you with this champion hoody heights lifestyle.

Exactly i don't know what it is in the south to that extent but up here the line btwn hood ****** and soho ****** is only blurred by speech & actions. Fashion week in soho has turned to a hood event word to ****** sellin nutcrackers a block down from LV :lol:.

Those same cats tryna cop the newest moncler jackets or making stops in Flightclub for jeremy scott kicks are the same cats who our selling drugs and shooting ****** over the dumbest reasons.

Hiphop has always striven to be percieved as rich and having money its been going on with the LV, Gucci, Burberry ..... but thanks to ASAP & Ye all these luxury brands our now being sought after.

word to

View media item 282355View media item 282364

Harlem and some parts of the bx have been the forefront for fashion for street dudes in NY.  From my understanding the 80's was all about being flashy.  **** even back in the 70's with all the drug dealers...

Rocking baggy stuff isn't a sign of wealth up here...nowadays.  Don't let ninja fool you with this champion hoody heights lifestyle.

This the hottest rapper ya'll got? Nothing screams money about a man wearing a dress. It definitely screams someting else tho.... :smh:

View media item 282371

Damn I guess I was wrong. I assumed French was hotter since he's on the radio and in the club scene more than that A$AP music. I gotta step my hippie steez up more :lol:

Man peep those vlogs french & company put up...he moves WAY more

Professional then a$ap...private jets, on every damn record...cuz a$ap got da hipster tumblr

Lames wet he hotter? Lulz

French got WAY more bangers then a$ap too, like da only difference between a cat like

Montana & say 2chainz is french album hasnt dropped yet, but da street material at this point is

Undeniable.

Only in NT can a dude who's destroying da strip clubs, streets, TV, Radio, mixtapes is somehow

NOT hotter then a cat who's got 1 song on rotation one album & one mixtape.. :lol:

This the hottest rapper ya'll got? Nothing screams money about a man wearing a dress. It definitely screams someting else tho....
mean.gif
Technically it's not a dress...it's some long sleeve shirt.. European style idk

and i'm not supporting him wearing that but that's exactly something Kanye would wear.  I'm pretty sure yall arent gonna say French is hotter than Kanye.

and Rocky and them didn't start dressing like that until he got money.  They would wear subtle high end pieces from the shops in soho...matter of fact the rest of them still dress the same, it's only Rocky who goes to the extreme spectrum because he's a representative of that fashion lifestyle now.

French is still that ***** just hope his album lives up to the hype the way Rocky's did

Professional then a$ap...private jets, on every damn record...cuz a$ap got da hipster tumblr

French got WAY more bangers then a$ap too, like da only difference between a cat like

Montana & say 2chainz is french album hasnt dropped yet, but da street material at this point is

Undeniable.

Only in NT can a dude who's destroying da strip clubs, streets, TV, Radio, mixtapes is somehow

NOT hotter then a cat who's got 1 song on rotation one album & one mixtape..
laugh.gif
What's really sad for NY hip hop is the fact that these guys are your current music ambassadors. 

Undeniable.

NOT hotter then a cat who's got 1 song on rotation one album & one mixtape..
laugh.gif
This just means he's hotter in YOUR world.  now you're comparing the artists lanes...Rocky doesn't make music for the strip club b.  and French is on tv?

Even before the album I guarantee more people knew about 2 chainz than if you ask who is French. 

bottom line...they are both successful in their respectful lanes.  French is who I ride with and he's hot on a local level and is gaining a strong following nationally but ASAP already has the national acclaim without Ross, Diddy and everyone else behind him.  That's the fact, not what it appears to be.

-_-

French gets wavy da way UPTOWN NY/ da BX gets fly. Lots of jewelry, pelle leathers

Gucci/LV belts, trus/G-star/robin jeans, & some fly kicks or boots.. dont let these hermaphrodites

From below soho fool you, there's WAY more cats doin wat french does then what a$ap does.

French dresses like what a 2013 drug dealer rocks.

Damn I guess I was wrong. I assumed French was hotter since he's on the radio and in the club scene more than that A$AP music. I gotta step my hippie steez up more :lol:

Undeniable.

NOT hotter then a cat who's got 1 song on rotation one album & one mixtape.. :lol:

Only on Niketalk can....

We could explain a lot of weirdness with this true statement, bruh.

Actually the music ambassador for NY would be Jay, Nas, or any of the other Legends who are still putting out #1 albums that you wanna choose from.

Now back to the OG post. Outside of Pop that ain't no french montana songs tearing up the club outside of NYC & Miami (STRICTLY hiphop clubs)... Rocky has had two international commercials, a # 1 album that leaked a month in advance, several different magazine covers, and looks on platforms where people would think french montana was a new up 7 coming model.

He's toured with drake, Has 1 song that is also played all over the radio/clubs, is starting a tour with Rihanna, commonly goes out the country to perform and your telling me that french because he flew on a jet......... is a bigger and more well known artist

You are officially Ninja "skip" bayleso bruh

This the hottest rapper ya'll got? Nothing screams money about a man wearing a dress. It definitely screams someting else tho.... :smh:

View media item 282371

Technically it's not a dress...it's some long sleeve shirt.. European style idk

and i'm not supporting him wearing that but that's exactly something Kanye would wear.  I'm pretty sure yall arent gonna say French is hotter than Kanye.

and Rocky and them didn't start dressing like that until he got money.  They would wear subtle high end pieces from the shops in soho...matter of fact the rest of them still dress the same, it's only Rocky who goes to the extreme spectrum because he's a representative of that fashion lifestyle now.

French is still that ***** just hope his album lives up to the hype the way Rocky's did

And technically these ain't sneakers, they are some Michael Jordan footwarmer/basketball assistance apparatuses. Get real man.

View media item 282405

He started dressing like that when he got a stylist of a certain sexual preference. You right though, Rocky is definitely representative of a certain lifestyle. :rolleyes

-_-

French gets wavy da way UPTOWN NY/ da BX gets fly. Lots of jewelry, pelle leathers

Gucci/LV belts, trus/G-star/robin jeans, & some fly kicks or boots.. dont let these hermaphrodites

From below soho fool you, there's WAY more cats doin wat french does then what a$ap does.

French dresses like what a 2013 drug dealer rocks.
French doesn't even dress like that anymore...that's when he was running with max.

From harlem all the way to Mount Vernon where I live at, Pelle's are dying.  What I meant by the soho wardrobe was the same designers not necessarily the fit.  ****** rocking Alex Wang leathers like it's a pelle from what I see.  I'm in soho just as much as i'm in harlem/north bronx.  I can't speak for your hood though...so you got it

And technically these ain't sneakers, they are some Michael Jordan footwarmer/basketball assistance apparatuses. Get real man.

He started dressing like that when he got a stylist of a certain sexual preference. You right though, Rocky is definitely representative of a certain lifestyle.
eyes.gif
laugh.gif
@ the basketball assistance apparatus

I can't speak on that "lifestyle" you keep referring to, i'm not about that life..You probably see it a lot more in atl lol.

so what this post is really about is ya'll clearly recognize that Rocky is the bigger artist but ya'll upset that he dresses a way that doesn't represent the way ya'll THINK a rapper should dress so ya'll gonna throw shade.

The crazy part is Rocky keeps it a lot more 100 than most of these fraud *** ****** in rap but ya'll respect that. Not to mention most of the "Official" cats in hiphop are ****** with him and his whole movement so i don't get what upsets ya'll so much.

You cant respect a dude who actually cares about his music and improving but you do respect the cats out here stealing everyone elses life and rapping about it to make a profit

Back
Top Bottom