Who will sell more Wale or J.Cole? and was Big sean debut a fail?

Originally Posted by MarcMac360

I really dont get the NT hate for Wale. Dude really does have good lyricism and content deep enough to appeal to the underground and the light in his music to appeal to the masses. I think the move to MMG allows him to bring his music to the right audience without having to fully "sell-out".
It's cuz some of the guys from the DMV on here have encountered him or know of him and don't like him for w/e prior history he has around his way, brought it on here to confront him with it, then there's dudes who don't like him for being so sensitive on twitter and attack to bring out that side in him. Then there's ppl who genuinely dislike his music a great deal.
The comment of Cole only being known on the internet is kinda ingnorant. He is getting his play more and more. I expect his sales to be close or maybe even with Wale. What may take him farther is he appeals more to the ladies than Wale.
Cole is known. It's just I feel he don't got the hype around him to generate that buzz at the moment. I felt he had that with The Warm Up an the announcement of his RocNation signing but that could've just been that new artist breath of fresh air buzz. Showed signs when he dropped FNL but I guess ppl will say that's only on he internet. I'm in NYC and I know of ppl checking for him but not everybody has that enthusiasm about it. Some times I do get the feeling ppl are just gonna d/l his shh.
Originally Posted by nyk buc

J Cole makes great music, and eventually it will spread. His hype isn't huge like a 50cent or Drake, but his lyrical content and musical production will allow him to stay in the game long, and eventually will be a mainstream star (ala a Weezy - he wasn't huge at first, and didn't make it real big until the Carter 3).
What? Wayne was in a crazy successful group of course not the star but still he was known enough. Dude is a part of numerous platinum plaques. He then underwent that transformation and his mixtape buzz propelled him in to stardom at the right time.

Don't know why you trying to paint Wayne as the dude who had to wait to be in the spotlight.

Originally Posted by MarcMac360

I really dont get the NT hate for Wale. Dude really does have good lyricism and content deep enough to appeal to the underground and the light in his music to appeal to the masses. I think the move to MMG allows him to bring his music to the right audience without having to fully "sell-out".
It's cuz some of the guys from the DMV on here have encountered him or know of him and don't like him for w/e prior history he has around his way, brought it on here to confront him with it, then there's dudes who don't like him for being so sensitive on twitter and attack to bring out that side in him. Then there's ppl who genuinely dislike his music a great deal.
The comment of Cole only being known on the internet is kinda ingnorant. He is getting his play more and more. I expect his sales to be close or maybe even with Wale. What may take him farther is he appeals more to the ladies than Wale.
Cole is known. It's just I feel he don't got the hype around him to generate that buzz at the moment. I felt he had that with The Warm Up an the announcement of his RocNation signing but that could've just been that new artist breath of fresh air buzz. Showed signs when he dropped FNL but I guess ppl will say that's only on he internet. I'm in NYC and I know of ppl checking for him but not everybody has that enthusiasm about it. Some times I do get the feeling ppl are just gonna d/l his shh.
Originally Posted by nyk buc

J Cole makes great music, and eventually it will spread. His hype isn't huge like a 50cent or Drake, but his lyrical content and musical production will allow him to stay in the game long, and eventually will be a mainstream star (ala a Weezy - he wasn't huge at first, and didn't make it real big until the Carter 3).
What? Wayne was in a crazy successful group of course not the star but still he was known enough. Dude is a part of numerous platinum plaques. He then underwent that transformation and his mixtape buzz propelled him in to stardom at the right time.

Don't know why you trying to paint Wayne as the dude who had to wait to be in the spotlight.

Im going wit Cole selling more, Meek Mill was outspitting Wale and although dude didn't have too many following him pre-MMG he was better and most likely was better at making singles. If Bad Girls Club gets some buzz, J. Cole's verse and hook is goin to be what sticks out.

Im going wit Cole selling more, Meek Mill was outspitting Wale and although dude didn't have too many following him pre-MMG he was better and most likely was better at making singles. If Bad Girls Club gets some buzz, J. Cole's verse and hook is goin to be what sticks out.

All three are talented, but J. Cole Is clearly the most talented of them all. I must say when I first heard all 3 I didnt really like them but they all had a moment where I was sold. With Wale it was More about nothing, with Big Sean it was the Album, and with J.Cole I Liked Come Up and Warm Up but they didnt really show me that he would make an album I wanted to hear. When he dropped FNL, I became completely sold on him overall. Now you may call me crazy, but I believe as long as there is no big Pop or R&b artist coming out that same week he does Cole will likely debut at Number 1, and I think he will sell More than Big Sean and do about 100K and could even do 200 or a lil better if his next single pops and he gets a few 4.5/5 and 5/5 reviews. Regardless,  I think all 3 will be in the game for a while..... Cole will probably get really popular First, then Sean, then Wale will have a shot if he Keeps putting out above average music. Just My Opinion tho.....

All three are talented, but J. Cole Is clearly the most talented of them all. I must say when I first heard all 3 I didnt really like them but they all had a moment where I was sold. With Wale it was More about nothing, with Big Sean it was the Album, and with J.Cole I Liked Come Up and Warm Up but they didnt really show me that he would make an album I wanted to hear. When he dropped FNL, I became completely sold on him overall. Now you may call me crazy, but I believe as long as there is no big Pop or R&b artist coming out that same week he does Cole will likely debut at Number 1, and I think he will sell More than Big Sean and do about 100K and could even do 200 or a lil better if his next single pops and he gets a few 4.5/5 and 5/5 reviews. Regardless,  I think all 3 will be in the game for a while..... Cole will probably get really popular First, then Sean, then Wale will have a shot if he Keeps putting out above average music. Just My Opinion tho.....

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

im not hating... nobody knows cole outside of the internet people...
i dont even expect Cole to sell alot...but its not cuz nobody knows him...its cause of his content
how can u say nobody knows him when 1. Tour with Jay all over the country 2. Tour with Rihanna all over the country 3. Spots at musical festivals... I mean I could keep going

u act like he Currensy, Kendrick Lamar, or KRIT
grin.gif
...._'s a kill for some of that exposure

I aint sayin dude is crazy popular by no means but I guarantee you he is more popular than Big Sean and BoB *an artist with a fanbase not 1 hit song* but he prolly wont sell like either of them unless he compromises who he is as an artist...and that aint happening....just expect dude to put out the best album of any of these dudes.

keep those he flopped jokes on deck tho 
eyes.gif

currensy is more known than j cole...

those tours and appearances dont mean #+%@ to the average person cuz they aint up on that #+%@...

more people have heard OF j cole now but his fanbase just aint what yall think...
roll.gif

ok fam...

i be tryin to not call u a hater like erybody else...but u cant for the life of u be objective or honest when it come to dude huh?

Just keep on paying attention to Cole and his moves and commenting on anything Cole related even tho you dont like the dude or his music... cuz like that, none of your comments make sense.

Originally Posted by Ace Rawstein

im not hating... nobody knows cole outside of the internet people...
i dont even expect Cole to sell alot...but its not cuz nobody knows him...its cause of his content
how can u say nobody knows him when 1. Tour with Jay all over the country 2. Tour with Rihanna all over the country 3. Spots at musical festivals... I mean I could keep going

u act like he Currensy, Kendrick Lamar, or KRIT
grin.gif
...._'s a kill for some of that exposure

I aint sayin dude is crazy popular by no means but I guarantee you he is more popular than Big Sean and BoB *an artist with a fanbase not 1 hit song* but he prolly wont sell like either of them unless he compromises who he is as an artist...and that aint happening....just expect dude to put out the best album of any of these dudes.

keep those he flopped jokes on deck tho 
eyes.gif

currensy is more known than j cole...

those tours and appearances dont mean #+%@ to the average person cuz they aint up on that #+%@...

more people have heard OF j cole now but his fanbase just aint what yall think...
roll.gif

ok fam...

i be tryin to not call u a hater like erybody else...but u cant for the life of u be objective or honest when it come to dude huh?

Just keep on paying attention to Cole and his moves and commenting on anything Cole related even tho you dont like the dude or his music... cuz like that, none of your comments make sense.

currensy is more known than j cole... are yall serious? where the cash at got hella club play... and he does +$%% wit wiz... i dont see how yall can honestly believe cole is more popular...

i look at EVERYTHING subjectively... i dont have any bias or hate towards any of these dudes... i just call it how i see it and more people know currensy than j cole... believe what u want...

currensy is more known than j cole... are yall serious? where the cash at got hella club play... and he does +$%% wit wiz... i dont see how yall can honestly believe cole is more popular...

i look at EVERYTHING subjectively... i dont have any bias or hate towards any of these dudes... i just call it how i see it and more people know currensy than j cole... believe what u want...

What are you basing this on Time? You just saying this cuz you think that should be the case or because you've actually come across ppl who know who Spitta is more than Cole?

What are you basing this on Time? You just saying this cuz you think that should be the case or because you've actually come across ppl who know who Spitta is more than Cole?

i ask people... u NEVER hear anybody listening to j cole hear... u hear how fly and pilot talk 2... j cole only gets brought up in rap discussions by nerds and they immediately get written off
laugh.gif

im basing it off my city i guess but im pretty sure more people heard of currensy than j cole...

i ask people... u NEVER hear anybody listening to j cole hear... u hear how fly and pilot talk 2... j cole only gets brought up in rap discussions by nerds and they immediately get written off
laugh.gif

im basing it off my city i guess but im pretty sure more people heard of currensy than j cole...

I could understand if you said Wiz was more known but Curren$y? Hell he is just as much of an Internet rapper as you think J Cole is

I could understand if you said Wiz was more known but Curren$y? Hell he is just as much of an Internet rapper as you think J Cole is

do yall not remember where the cash at?
people only remember that song for Wayne's verse. i honestly didnt know who the other dude rapping was when i first heard that song

Back
Top Bottom