Who will sell more Wale or J.Cole? and was Big sean debut a fail?

Originally Posted by MusicalExcellence

do yall not remember where the cash at?
people only remember that song for Wayne's verse. i honestly didnt know who the other dude rapping was when i first heard that song

so yall gonna over look the numbers Nicki and Drizzy did out the gate 1st time around?

Now thats a successful debut in our generation 

so yall gonna over look the numbers Nicki and Drizzy did out the gate 1st time around?

im in Louisiana...BR like 45 mins from the N.O. Spittas city....he not even poppin down here like that unfortunately

its ppl that aint heard from Spitta since "where the cash at" believe it or not...does currency even go on the radio to do interviews? which is most of the internet coverage of Cole

another thing Cole has been touring the college circuit...do u know what that means? Every spring fest, fall fest, homecoming etc...He been on the bill. Thats all over the nation.

Im not sayin spitta hasnt got those looks but I know for sure not to the level of Cole

im in Louisiana...BR like 45 mins from the N.O. Spittas city....he not even poppin down here like that unfortunately

its ppl that aint heard from Spitta since "where the cash at" believe it or not...does currency even go on the radio to do interviews? which is most of the internet coverage of Cole

another thing Cole has been touring the college circuit...do u know what that means? Every spring fest, fall fest, homecoming etc...He been on the bill. Thats all over the nation.

Im not sayin spitta hasnt got those looks but I know for sure not to the level of Cole

I aint even trying to hate on Curren$y ignoring that I'm not even the biggest fan of him. None of the
pimp.gif
smokers in NYC, specifically BK rock with Spitta like that, he doesn't get bumped in the whip, dude has less than moderate notoriety.

If anything he's known for being the other guy on that Wiz Khalifa tape and even I forgot he was on Where The Cash At until you just reminded me.

I'd say Cole is known more just off when The Warm Up dropped and all those SJU heads were hyping him the first few weeks like he was a NYC rapper and this is before I even listened to him. Then the Roc Nation signing and the Star Is Born verse kinda caught everybody's ear more here.

I aint even trying to hate on Curren$y ignoring that I'm not even the biggest fan of him. None of the
pimp.gif
smokers in NYC, specifically BK rock with Spitta like that, he doesn't get bumped in the whip, dude has less than moderate notoriety.

If anything he's known for being the other guy on that Wiz Khalifa tape and even I forgot he was on Where The Cash At until you just reminded me.

I'd say Cole is known more just off when The Warm Up dropped and all those SJU heads were hyping him the first few weeks like he was a NYC rapper and this is before I even listened to him. Then the Roc Nation signing and the Star Is Born verse kinda caught everybody's ear more here.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

pimp.gif

QFT
In NY J. cole is way more popular then Currensy and as far as spitta not even being all that popular near his home town is straight depressing
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

pimp.gif

QFT
In NY J. cole is way more popular then Currensy and as far as spitta not even being all that popular near his home town is straight depressing
30t6p3b.gif

spitta is a rappers rapper

he gets love from all the og and true hip hop heads

he could careless about being popular or selling records

dude found his lane and has been consistent real music lovers respect that more then 90% of the sell outs yall see and talk about

listen to his song Record Deals on Return Of The Winners Circle......clearly he is good where he is at

spitta is a rappers rapper

he gets love from all the og and true hip hop heads

he could careless about being popular or selling records

dude found his lane and has been consistent real music lovers respect that more then 90% of the sell outs yall see and talk about

listen to his song Record Deals on Return Of The Winners Circle......clearly he is good where he is at

^True very true. Im a Spitta fan and Im fine with dude lane he aint worried bout that. He speak on it in all his raps all the time.

Im just sayin in overall popularity he aint branching out from all "the og and true hip hop heads" as Time was trying to allude to when downplaying Cole

And dont get it twisted on Currency and his hometown...when he does a show at Howling Wolf it sells out but thats just like any other rapper coming down and linking up with a sneaker boutique and putting on a show...but the scene down here aint that fitting to spittas music... the Webbie's, Boosie's, Gucci's, BR/N.O. locals, Screw etc is more the mood down here to be honest

^True very true. Im a Spitta fan and Im fine with dude lane he aint worried bout that. He speak on it in all his raps all the time.

Im just sayin in overall popularity he aint branching out from all "the og and true hip hop heads" as Time was trying to allude to when downplaying Cole

And dont get it twisted on Currency and his hometown...when he does a show at Howling Wolf it sells out but thats just like any other rapper coming down and linking up with a sneaker boutique and putting on a show...but the scene down here aint that fitting to spittas music... the Webbie's, Boosie's, Gucci's, BR/N.O. locals, Screw etc is more the mood down here to be honest

87k isnt a failure these days.. people dont buy music anymore
i prefer jcole's flow over wale but i think he mite sell more 

87k isnt a failure these days.. people dont buy music anymore
i prefer jcole's flow over wale but i think he mite sell more 

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

I think most people overlook their debuts cause they don't listen to them, and for the fact that everybody knew everyone behind Drake
and Nicki weren't gonna let them fail. TV spots, internet, and full radio support, they were gonna sell like that regardless. I would use
Wiz Khalifa as a better example, he had a good following, and had 2 major hit singles.  

Originally Posted by PleaseSayTheBaby23

I think most people overlook their debuts cause they don't listen to them, and for the fact that everybody knew everyone behind Drake
and Nicki weren't gonna let them fail. TV spots, internet, and full radio support, they were gonna sell like that regardless. I would use
Wiz Khalifa as a better example, he had a good following, and had 2 major hit singles.  

Cole > Big sean > wale
in terms of radio play
im in socal so it might be different for you guys

Cole > Big sean > wale
in terms of radio play
im in socal so it might be different for you guys

Wale > Sean > Cole

if we talkin radio play

even before Wale was MMG for some reason in the south you heard his music everywhere fi I had a $ for everytime I would hear Pretty Girls in the club or on the radio I would be a rich man

Wale > Sean > Cole

if we talkin radio play

even before Wale was MMG for some reason in the south you heard his music everywhere fi I had a $ for everytime I would hear Pretty Girls in the club or on the radio I would be a rich man

Back
Top Bottom