WHO MAKES 6 FIGURES?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I've read, also....good luck, and remember not to divide your salary + bonus into your hours worked.

I know some people in M&A and deals have basically slowed to a halt.

For those of you who think making 100K is cakin... It aint.. After Taxes and whatever bills Mortgage or rent you paid.. ON TOP of whatever vices you have...Shoes, Smokin, Drugs etc.. You are down in the 45 to 50K a year net.. maybe even less.

You can ask HOV or Ben Balla that...

Im sure for both of those guys, passin that income benchmark was a happy time, but not as lucrative as they may have thought....

For those who have made that much, realize, you need to make more to actually get into a comfort level you want in life. You even wonder, how did you eversurvive makin much less than that when you throw in having a family and all the other expenses.

Just imagine 100K = $2000 a week MINUS 27% in taxes, Utilities, Rent/Mortgage, Goin out Clubs.. Clothes/Shoes, Car Note/Lease, Groceries = Livin Check toCheck...

i do. i'm a quality engineer. been in the engineering field for 8 years. got my first engineering job one month after i graduated college.

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

That's what I've read, also....good luck, and remember not to divide your salary + bonus into your hours worked.

I know some people in M&A and deals have basically slowed to a halt.
Ya, the inital 2-3 years are terrible but it sets you up to do so much with your career, which is the real reason why I want to do it... Hopefullythings start getting better but who knows when that will happen at this point.

Rock coming wit the realness
pimp.gif

I hope to clear 6 figs in about 6 -8 years being a dentists just gotta stay child free so i can enjoy it
laugh.gif

I was going to post in addition to that^^ You better be single or without kids to enjoy makin 100K lolol

Believe me.. the more kids.. the more you better have to be happy that your're makin it!! lol

Originally Posted by VirgilMalloy

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by VirgilMalloy

Average MBA Starting Salaries at the Top Business Schools

1. Stanford $133,000

2012, ship it.

Not after this bottoming out.
MBA's have finally proved what they're worth.
laugh.gif

1. If the economy is still trash in 4 years, y'all got a lot more to worry about.
2. You might have a point if I did banking or consulting or some nonsense like that, but thankfully I don't.
Everybody will be worrying.

Most MBA's go into some type of financial services company because most have backgrounds in finance/accounting/economics. I'd be more than willing tobet that the average of $133k was made up of quite a few Hedge Fund/PE earnings that netted MBA grads well over 100k their first year out. Averages can bemisleading.

MBA's are glorified B.A. in Communication degrees. Most old school execs know it too.
laugh.gif
nerd.gif

It kind of depends how old one is when he gets the MBA.
A 25 year old kid with an MBA (no matter where its from) is still a 25 year old kid with no real experience.

good info in this post. 100k is nothing for someone with a high mortgage payment/kids. alas, smart folks who make 100k throw whatever they don't spend onbills into investment accounts. that's where millionaires are bred

Just imagine 100K = $2000 a week MINUS 27% in taxes, Utilities, Rent/Mortgage, Goin out Clubs.. Clothes/Shoes, Car Note/Lease, Groceries = Livin Check to Check...
This is dead on. After my expenses, I am still check to check. Rent is 1300. Car is 500. Saving A Bunch. Going out. Groceries. Living by yourselfftl. 1st time doing it and paying for cable by yourself sucks.

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

Originally Posted by dylans33

Originally Posted by RawSheed

I'mma garbage man and i make 6 figures
what didu start off making?
If you're actually interested in that as a career and don't mind what it involves, move to a big city.

Those dudes make BANK, cuz it's a nightly duty.
office job during the day, garbage man at night...you'd be paid
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

I'm going into college for cinematography, so I figure 30-40k coming out. Right after that, I'm hitting the school loans hard. It's not a lot, butmy parents taught me it doesn't matter how much you make if you can't budget it.

MBA's are glorified B.A. in Communication degrees. Most old school execs know it too.
A 25 year old kid with an MBA (no matter where its from) is still a 25 year old kid with no real experience

Yep. My dad is a VP of Human Resources for a rather large company and he said he could care less about whether or not they have an MBA, all about theexperience. He put together a series of about 10 books that he could've read and learned the same amount as he did in his 2 years in Graduate School at theKelley School of Business (Indiana).

I'm pulling in about 5 figures, lol. Not bad for a 17 year old. If this venture I want to go into works out I could be making 6 figures soon. But Idon't want to get ahead of myself.

Originally Posted by Destination Kicks

A 25 year old kid with an MBA (no matter where its from) is still a 25 year old kid with no real experience

Yep. My dad is a VP of Human Resources for a rather large company and he said he could care less about whether or not they have an MBA, all about the experience. He put together a series of about 10 books that he could've read and learned the same amount as he did in his 2 years in Graduate School at the Kelley School of Business (Indiana).

I'm pulling in about 5 figures, lol. Not bad for a 17 year old. If this venture I want to go into works out I could be making 6 figures soon. But I don't want to get ahead of myself.

mhmmmmmm
eyes.gif

Yep. My dad is a VP of Human Resources for a rather large company and he said he could care less about whether or not they have an MBA, all about the experience. He put together a series of about 10 books that he could've read and learned the same amount as he did in his 2 years in Graduate School at the Kelley School of Business (Indiana).

I'm pulling in about 5 figures, lol. Not bad for a 17 year old. If this venture I want to go into works out I could be making 6 figures soon. But I don't want to get ahead of myself.
you're 17 and you make 5 figures??? how????

have you graduated HS or are you a senior? if you're a HS senior you're styling on me...
tired.gif

^ remember 5 figures is anything between 10,000-99000. I assume 90% of members on Niketalk make 5 figures already.

haha just got an entry level position in human services, and plan to make it my career...ill never see six figures.
but helping people is what i want to do and for the first time in my life i can seriously say i like my job.

Originally Posted by ESPNonthescreen

have you graduated HS or are you a senior? if you're a HS senior you're styling on me...
tired.gif

5 figures ranges from 10,000-99,999. It's not hard to get 5 figures.

Originally Posted by JDub4

tired.gif

well dude said "i'll be making 6 figures soon" as if he was close... i dunno.

and i don't know many 17 year olds making 10k anyways... either you have a very high paying job or you put in a LOT of hours.

^prob around 80... it sucks but its great experience. technically 1st 2nd and 3rd year analysts dont make bonuses based on how many deals the group closes because they aren't experinced enough to be leading deals, just doing all of the *****work. at least thats what management says...
Great experience in what sense????? I did mergers and acquistions at Goldman for a year and a half and it was the worst. I got no sleep, I damnnear lived at the office, and it was killin' my social life on the weekend. Yea, coupled with an MBA, it ultimately led to a spot within a Hedge Fund butI probably would have done things differently if I could.

And good luck thinkin' you're gonna get that bonus you're talking about
laugh.gif
All that *****work you'll be doing won't be as lucrative as it was 3-4 years ago buddy.

good info in this post. 100k is nothing for someone with a high mortgage payment/kids. alas, smart folks who make 100k throw whatever they don't spend on bills into investment accounts. that's where millionaires are bred
Well if you're speaking for someone who has dependents and multiple assets then of course you're going to be living check to check. Speakfor yourself though. I'm 25, single, 3 cars, an apartment in Boston, condo in Hartford and I'm livin' comfortably. It's just about how youmanage your %$$$. My condo I currently rent out to college kids and my apartment in Boston I rent out one of the rooms, so I'm recouping money monthly.

Originally Posted by JDub4

tired.gif
well dude said "i'll be making 6 figures soon" as if he was close... i dunno.

and i don't know many 17 year olds making 10k anyways... either you have a very high paying job or you put in a LOT of hours.

he could be the neighborhood dope boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom