WHO MAKES 6 FIGURES?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I make $75k a year in retail. After bonuses, probably $98k.
I have my own business, computer repair. I net about $40k from that on the side.
I guess that puts me in the six-figure category. But it sure doesn't feel like it.

No house yet, no nice car yet. Just banking the money and trying to invest it NOW while the stock market sucks.

Originally Posted by PUSHA x Vinsanity

Originally Posted by dylans33

Originally Posted by RawSheed

I'mma garbage man and i make 6 figures
what didu start off making?
If you're actually interested in that as a career and don't mind what it involves, move to a big city.

Those dudes make BANK, cuz it's a nightly duty.
truth right there...ive heard of them making big money in cities

the best i can do is figure 8's

laugh.gif

I work for the government, I'll be making that when I'm in my early 30's, if I don't find a way to getfired...

Originally Posted by Str8Hood

I have my own business, computer repair. I net about $40k from that on the side.
I guess that puts me in the six-figure category. But it sure doesn't feel like it.

No house yet, no nice car yet. Just banking the money and trying to invest it NOW while the stock market sucks.
if i was in your position I would keep investing and start up another business

i will be making close next year in my 1st year out of college as an investment banking analyst with one of the 5 largest banks in america.. 65 base and thebonus will be anywhere from 25-55k depending on performance... not to mention a 8k signing bonus. life is good.

I did last year. I work for Hartford. 40K Base + Comm. Last year hit 102K. This year more like 90K. This economy es no bueno. Getting better though. Hartfordgot smacked for liquidity issues and credit rating. My 401K and spp were crushed.

Originally Posted by da703trailblaza

Originally Posted by MidEastBeast

If I survive pharmacy school, I should be making 6 figs. Only thing that keeps me going.

I was headed in that track until Cell Bio deaded me, any advice to carry on?
If you're getting tripped up by Cell Bio, I strongly suggest you consider different majors.

Originally Posted by BLADE BR0WN

Originally Posted by Jules300

I do. Im a electrical engineer. Plus i only work about half a year sometimes.

pimp.gif

I am too... who do you work for????...
nerd.gif
I use to work for this company down in Louisiana called MMR, but now i do my own private thing. I found finding jobs on your own makes you moremoney but u take more of a risk.

Originally Posted by GUILLERMO GUTIEREZ

the best i can do is figure 8's.

im beyond broke right now. i just bought a box of pop tarts and that $#*# hurt bad.

frown.gif
laugh.gif
Mayne do you know what my pockets looklike after that dollar cheeseburger I just bought..??

Ehh...after my bonus I bring about 72k....add my wife salary and we pull in over 100k....that count?

Im an Industrial Engineer btw

Originally Posted by yungmatt

Originally Posted by PremeOne

Everytime I see someone driving in a nice car I feel like tapping on their window and asking them what they do.
Easy,to get a nice car all u gotta do is find a fat chick with a 800 credit score

YESSSSSSIIIRRRRRR

pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Str8Hood

why must NTers lie

i'm actually looking into being a NY garbage man now... i think i can deal with the smell for a decent salary...

Originally Posted by wawaweewa

Originally Posted by VirgilMalloy

Average MBA Starting Salaries at the Top Business Schools

1. Stanford $133,000

2012, ship it.

Not after this bottoming out.
MBA's have finally proved what they're worth.
laugh.gif

1. If the economy is still trash in 4 years, y'all got a lot more to worry about.
2. You might have a point if I did banking or consulting or some nonsense like that, but thankfully I don't.

Originally Posted by swizzc

i will be making close next year in my 1st year out of college as an investment banking analyst with one of the 5 largest banks in america.. 65 base and the bonus will be anywhere from 25-55k depending on performance... not to mention a 8k signing bonus. life is good.
Congrats on the job, no doubt, but how are you so confident about the bonus given the current state of the banking industry?

Originally Posted by kidposite

why are dudes posting about their dads?
laugh.gif

...not growing up with a dad FTL
frown.gif
...Thug Life FTW !
pimp.gif
....and OP to answer your question, i am NOT making 6 figures
smh.gif

Originally Posted by pdouly33

Originally Posted by swizzc

i will be making close next year in my 1st year out of college as an investment banking analyst with one of the 5 largest banks in america.. 65 base and the bonus will be anywhere from 25-55k depending on performance... not to mention a 8k signing bonus. life is good.
Congrats on the job, no doubt, but how are you so confident about the bonus given the current state of the banking industry?

I wasn't until i talked to a few analysts from my group where i interned this summer about their bonuses a couple days ago, and said they got full bonusesthis year (they receive them in sept) and the managers I have spoken too have told me they aren't cutting back 1st 2nd and 3rd year analyst bonuses at all.The guys taking the big hits on bonus money are the executives, but they already make 10+ milli. Also, the bank I am working for is doing well right nowcompared to it's other competitors.

Aren't they deferring bonuses, and those paid out or "earned" in September were based prior to the economy's debacle?

How many hours you gonna have to work?

^prob around 80... it sucks but its great experience. technically 1st 2nd and 3rd year analysts dont make bonuses based on how many deals the group closesbecause they aren't experinced enough to be leading deals, just doing all of the *****work. at least thats what management says...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom