WHO is the most famous person in the world??

Originally Posted by HI PROFILE

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

smh.gif
@ people saying Beckham

I'm willing to bet a lot of older people don't know who he is

...you're a clown. David Beckham is one of, if not the most, famous athletes (and figures) on the planent. if you don't believe me, check out what tiger woods had to say about it a couple years ago:

http://www.telegraph.co.u...am-says-Tiger-Woods.html

...people like you need to stop believing that the WORLD revolves around America.

1. You're mad
2. If even a small %'age in the US alone doesn't know who he is, makes him the not the most famous person
3. Beckham is the most famous athlete?
roll.gif
Jordan has far more stardom than Beckham, I don't giva hoot what country, period.

If I asked my grandparents who Beckham is they'd say Who?

MOST FAMOUS = E - V - E - R - Y BODY knows
Because the USA = the world right?
I said IF EVEN a %'age of the US doesn't know, immediately makes him not the MOST FAMOUS

For instance, Every single person (of age to know) in the US knows who Jordan is, Can't say the same about Beckham

As a whole..Fame in the US > anywhere else

Well you pretty much explained the differences we are seeing. You are talking about fame in the USA. obviously Jordan would be more well known. The UnitedStates is only a small part of the world so when i answered the question, i had the whole world in mind.

Originally Posted by socluis90

smh.gif
@ people saying Beckham

I'm willing to bet a lot of older people don't know who he is

...you're a clown. David Beckham is one of, if not the most, famous athletes (and figures) on the planent. if you don't believe me, check out what tiger woods had to say about it a couple years ago:

http://www.telegraph.co.u...am-says-Tiger-Woods.html

...people like you need to stop believing that the WORLD revolves around America.

1. You're mad
2. If even a small %'age in the US alone doesn't know who he is, makes him the not the most famous person
3. Beckham is the most famous athlete?
roll.gif
Jordan has far more stardom than Beckham, I don't giva hoot what country, period.

If I asked my grandparents who Beckham is they'd say Who?

MOST FAMOUS = E - V - E - R - Y BODY knows
Because the USA = the world right?
I said IF EVEN a %'age of the US doesn't know, immediately makes him not the MOST FAMOUS

For instance, Every single person (of age to know) in the US knows who Jordan is, Can't say the same about Beckham

As a whole..Fame in the US > anywhere else
laugh.gif
What a ridiculous statement.

Yeah and you can reverse the 2nd statement to "Every single person (of age to know) in the world knows who Beckham is, Can't say the same aboutJordan"

I'll say it one more time (maybe you'll understand this time) USA does not = the world

Originally Posted by LarryIndiana219

Originally Posted by J23S

Originally Posted by flippapabear23

Originally Posted by J23S

Originally Posted by flippapabear23

My guess would be David Beckham or Zinidine Zidane (Guy who headbutted in 06 World Cup)

This is based soley on fact that soccer is far and away most popular sport in the world. They are 2 very well known players and my guess is that most people would at least know of the best players in their sport..
You had to explain who he is so you already disqualified him
laugh.gif

Zidane is one of the greatest soccer players ever. So he obviously would be in consideration. The only reason i explained him is because probably 90% of this board doesnt follow soccer, so they wouldn't know who im talking about. But this board is NOT the WORLD, so he could be very famous.
But this board is part of the world, there are millions of people that dont follow soccer as well
of course there are millions of people who don't follow soccer, but you have to understand that there are millions of people who don't follow other things as well..

do you really think that more people follow politics than sports (i'll leave it as general as that)..?
now, after you realize they don't, let me ask you this...

do you really think more people follow golf than soccer?
now, after you realize they don't, let me ask you this

do you really think that some of the influence of these huge soccer stars, doesn't extend beyond soccer? do you really think that people in some of these less financially developed countries, where soccer forms the backbone of their culture, don't have an idea of who david beckham or zidane might be???
Wanna talk influence? Tiger is worth more than both of those soccer teams combined (I think
laugh.gif
)... and what moves faster around the globe than money? Not even light. Money IS influence! Tiger's money can be everywhere at once, therefore, HE can be everywhere at once. He's on TV Right now, somewhere as I'm typing this. He might be selling an Ipod or some deodorant RIGHT now. It's really quite simple. Not only is HE a brand name himself, but his face is more recognizable than any other black face today, sans MAYBE Jordan. Maybe.. and definitely moreso than Obama because Tiger opened the door for Obama. White people had to accept losing their sport to a %+%%% before they lost their country to one. Duh...

Oprah is more famous then everyone listed except for Obama
Oprah is up there too.. people are still learning Obama. Mother +%++### was raised on Oprah!
laugh.gif

we arent talking about the most influential and richest but the most famous meaning if you ask a random person who it is they would know.

not the most popular but I remember Time or TV Guide listing Homer Simpons as like the most recognizable person in the world

It has to be Michael Jordan or Michael Jackson

laugh.gif
@ people saying Obama.. we are talking about the whole world.. you really think minorities like in asia for example would know about him?

Michael Jackson. Even my grandma knows who he is and she doesn't speak a word of English.

50 cent. man they had some kids in the bushes of africa with gunit is the future tshirts on dusty than a motha on national geographic. like one camera man madeit back cause its so dangerous to get there type stuff. thats very famous man.

also this guy is pretty popular
110en94.jpg

Back
Top Bottom