WHO is the most famous person in the world??

Originally Posted by J23S

Originally Posted by flippapabear23

My guess would be David Beckham or Zinidine Zidane (Guy who headbutted in 06 World Cup)

This is based soley on fact that soccer is far and away most popular sport in the world. They are 2 very well known players and my guess is that most people would at least know of the best players in their sport..
You had to explain who he is so you already disqualified him
laugh.gif

Zidane is one of the greatest soccer players ever. So he obviously would be in consideration. The only reason i explained him is because probably 90% of thisboard doesnt follow soccer, so they wouldn't know who im talking about. But this board is NOT the WORLD, so he could be very famous.

My guess would be David Beckham or Zinidine Zidane (Guy who headbutted in 06 World Cup)

This is based soley on fact that soccer is far and away most popular sport in the world. They are 2 very well known players and my guess is that most people would at least know of the best players in their sport..
laugh.gif

Zidane is one of the greatest soccer players ever. So he obviously would be in consideration. The only reason i explained him is because probably 90% of this board doesnt follow soccer, so they wouldn't know who im talking about. But this board is NOT the WORLD, so he could be very famous.
But this board is part of the world, there are millions of people that dont follow soccer as well

Originally Posted by socluis90

Originally Posted by LarryIndiana219

This can't be true. Why? Because as a typical inner city hood cat, I only know one person in all of my associates that would have ANY idea who these men are, even if you posted pics of them on the field suited and booted. And sure the hood is a small dot in a huge mosaic, but that counts. It can't be a sports star unless it's Tiger. Double why? Because Tiger doesn't play for a team. When you think golf, you don't think the "Chicago ___s". You think Tiger Woods. Black, White, Asian? Don't matter. Tiger Woods. Old, young, in between? So what. Tiger Woods. Broke or billionaire? Tiger @$*%%%$ Woods.

This +%@%%@ name is Tiger for Christ's sake. I mean "c'mon man".. really? Tiger? Pops must've known his son would be famous one day
laugh.gif

Yeah and a lot of typical city hood cats couldn't tell you who our vice president is.
Or the cast of friends for that matter.... but that was more an attack on the hood than an actual rebuttal. It's not like Joe Biden is morefamous than any of the 3 people that were mentioned above, so was there even a point to saying that? Moving along..

This can't be true. Why? Because as a typical inner city hood cat, I only know one person in all of my associates that would have ANY idea who these men are, even if you posted pics of them on the field suited and booted. And sure the hood is a small dot in a huge mosaic, but that counts. It can't be a sports star unless it's Tiger. Double why? Because Tiger doesn't play for a team. When you think golf, you don't think the "Chicago ___s". You think Tiger Woods. Black, White, Asian? Don't matter. Tiger Woods. Old, young, in between? So what. Tiger Woods. Broke or billionaire? Tiger @$*%%%$ Woods.

This +%@%%@ name is Tiger for Christ's sake. I mean "c'mon man".. really? Tiger? Pops must've known his son would be famous one day
laugh.gif

If its a sports star, it definitely would not be TIGER. Golf is not popular at all around the world, too expensive for most countries. SO imo that would knockout Tiger woods, no matter how good he is. Also for everyone saying Obama, really it could be him. Would make sense, im hesitant to choose him tho because hehas only been on the scene and in the spotlight the last few years.

laugh.gif

If its a sports star, it definitely would not be TIGER. Golf is not popular at all around the world, too expensive for most countries. SO imo that would knock out Tiger woods, no matter how good he is. Also for everyone saying Obama, really it could be him. Would make sense, im hesitant to choose him tho because he has only been on the scene and in the spotlight the last few years.
true, but Tiger is EVERYWHERE! TV, news, paper, internet, commercials.. GATORADE
laugh.gif
.. "c'mon onman"

laugh.gif

Zidane is one of the greatest soccer players ever. So he obviously would be in consideration. The only reason i explained him is because probably 90% of this board doesnt follow soccer, so they wouldn't know who im talking about. But this board is NOT the WORLD, so he could be very famous.
But this board is part of the world, there are millions of people that dont follow soccer as well
of course there are millions of people who don't follow soccer, but you have to understand that there are millions of people who don'tfollow other things as well..

do you really think that more people follow politics than sports (i'll leave it as general as that)..?
now, after you realize they don't, let me ask you this...

do you really think more people follow golf than soccer?
now, after you realize they don't, let me ask you this

do you really think that some of the influence of these huge soccer stars, doesn't extend beyond soccer? do you really think that people in some of theseless financially developed countries, where soccer forms the backbone of their culture, don't have an idea of who david beckham or zidane might be???

laugh.gif

i understand that this board is part of the world. i meant that this board doesnt represent the world. Yes millions of people dont follow soccer i understandthat, but my guess is that all of Europe, and a lot of south america and Asia, and some soccer nations in Africa would know a lot of soccer. Its very hard toguess who most famous person in the world, i guess it depends on how you look at it. With over 6 billion people, my guess is that a majority follow soccer thandont compared to other sports.

Originally Posted by thesimplestlife

laugh.gif

of course there are millions of people who don't follow soccer, but you have to understand that there are millions of people who don't follow other things as well..

do you really think that more people follow politics than sports (i'll leave it as general as that)..?

do you really think that some of the influence of these huge soccer stars, doesn't extend beyond soccer? do you really think that people in some of these less financially developed countries, where soccer forms the backbone of their culture, don't have an idea of who david beckham or zidane might be???
Wanna talk influence? Tiger is worth more than both of those soccer teams combined (I think
laugh.gif
)... and what moves faster around the globe thanmoney? Not even light. Money IS influence! Tiger's money can be everywhere at once, therefore, HE can be everywhere at once. He's on TV Right now,somewhere as I'm typing this. He might be selling an Ipod or some deodorant RIGHT now. It's really quite simple. Not only is HE a brand name himself, but his face is more recognizable than any other black face today, sans MAYBE Jordan. Maybe.. and definitelymoreso than Obama because Tiger opened the door for Obama. White people had to accept losing their sport to a %+%%% before they lost their country to one.Duh...

Oprah is more famous then everyone listed except for Obama
Oprah is up there too.. people are still learning Obama. Mother +%++### was raised on Oprah!
laugh.gif

The prophet Mohamed (Sp?)

-Majority of the entire world is muslim, or familiar with it in some context.
-the majority of the western world have been programmed to fear Islam since 9/11

Fame? Infamy? We have a winner.. 2nd place? Hitler.

Unless you meant live people
grin.gif
I thought the majority of the world was Christian. Islam is the fastest growing religion, but I doubt itsthe largest.

Originally Posted by HI PROFILE

smh.gif
@ people saying Beckham

I'm willing to bet a lot of older people don't know who he is

...you're a clown. David Beckham is one of, if not the most, famous athletes (and figures) on the planent. if you don't believe me, check out what tiger woods had to say about it a couple years ago:

http://www.telegraph.co.u...am-says-Tiger-Woods.html

...people like you need to stop believing that the WORLD revolves around America.

1. You're mad
2. If even a small %'age in the US alone doesn't know who he is, makes him the not the most famous person
3. Beckham is the most famous athlete?
roll.gif
Jordan has far more stardom than Beckham, I don't giva hoot what country, period.

If I asked my grandparents who Beckham is they'd say Who?

MOST FAMOUS = E - V - E - R - Y BODY knows
Because the USA = the world right?

laugh.gif

of course there are millions of people who don't follow soccer, but you have to understand that there are millions of people who don't follow other things as well..

do you really think that some of the influence of these huge soccer stars, doesn't extend beyond soccer? do you really think that people in some of these less financially developed countries, where soccer forms the backbone of their culture, don't have an idea of who david beckham or zidane might be???
Wanna talk influence? Tiger is worth more than both of those soccer teams combined (I think
laugh.gif
)... and what moves faster around the globe than money? Not even light. Money IS influence! Tiger's money can be everywhere at once, therefore, HE can be everywhere at once. He's on TV Right now, somewhere as I'm typing this. He might be selling an Ipod or some deodorant RIGHT now. It's really quite simple. Not only is HE a brand name himself, but his face is more recognizable than any other black face today, sans MAYBE Jordan. Maybe.. and definitely moreso than Obama because Tiger opened the door for Obama. White people had to accept losing their sport to a %+%%% before they lost their country to one. Duh...

Oprah is more famous then everyone listed except for Obama
Oprah is up there too.. people are still learning Obama. Mother +%++### was raised on Oprah!
laugh.gif

how are you going to actually reduce this topic to money...?? in that case, why aren't names like bill gates, or warren buffett being broughtup? you're starting to NOT make sense. yes, tiger woods is a brand, and yes he's hugely popular, but so are people like david beckham. I already postedthe link, but I'll do it again, just for you:

SOCCER is way more popular than golf. duh. David beckham is one of the most famous soccer players. duh. His influence is bigger than soccer. duh. what isthere not to get...?
and no, tiger woods isn't worth more than some of the bigger name soccer teams (i.e. real madrid, man u, etc).

tiger may be richer than beckham, but that doesn't mean he's a more popular WORLD figure. maybe it's time to venture out of indiana.

Research was done on this and the two most searched athletes in sport online are Beckham and Tiger Woods.

All time its probably the IOC athlete of the 20th Century and greatest ever Football player Pele.

Sports people in america would largely only just be known there ...such as NFL Gridiron, baseball... while basketball would have a niche following outsideamerica.

smh.gif
@ people saying Beckham

I'm willing to bet a lot of older people don't know who he is

...you're a clown. David Beckham is one of, if not the most, famous athletes (and figures) on the planent. if you don't believe me, check out what tiger woods had to say about it a couple years ago:

...people like you need to stop believing that the WORLD revolves around America.

1. You're mad
2. If even a small %'age in the US alone doesn't know who he is, makes him not the most famous person
3. Beckham is the most famous athlete?
roll.gif
Jordan has far more stardom than Beckham, I don't giva hoot what country, period.

If I asked my grandparents who Beckham is they'd say Who?

MOST FAMOUS = E - V - E - R - Y BODY knows
1. I'm not mad, because it's all understandable. I would make claims like these (the ones you're making) like 6 or 7 years ago, butthat's when I was a young, ignorant teen (hopefully you are the same).
2. Again, the US does not equal the world.
3. Beckham's fame may outweigh Jordans.

p.s. maybe your grandparents are ignorant too.

"I am the king of the world; never talk about who going to stop me, ain't nobody going to stop me. I am the Greatest, i am the king of theworld...King of the world!"

Back
Top Bottom