WHERE WOULD U RANK BRANDON ROY IN TERMS OF BEST PLAYERS IN THE NBA??

Originally Posted by WJuN15

SMH @ some of u guys

Roy is better than joe johnson...

Granger is NOT better than Joe johnson

smh @ artest and battier stopping broy...and he scores 42 in a win...
William?

LOL Granger plays on an average team while ATL and POR are talent laden. Swap out Roy with Granger or JJ and the Blazers would not skip a beat

Originally Posted by Kaimel Rule

laugh.gif
@ top 5

Top 20.

I don't see any rings in Roys future.
indifferent.gif
That team is loaded with young talent. BRoy willhave a ring in the next 5 years.

Originally Posted by jville819

Originally Posted by Kaimel Rule

laugh.gif
@ top 5

Top 20.

I don't see any rings in Roys future.
indifferent.gif
That team is loaded with young talent. BRoy will have a ring in the next 5 years.

a chip is coming to Rip City
pimp.gif

B Roy is top 8-12

Originally Posted by Osh Kosh Bosh

Brandon Roy is one of the most ridiculously efficient offensive players in the NBA the catalyst of the most efficient offense in the NBA. Top 5 in offensive rating and Top 10 in PER. Joe Johnson and Danny Granger are not on the his level in terms of offensive production.

Danny Granger
[table][tr][td]
[size=-1]Stat[/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]ON Court[/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]OFF Court[/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]Net[/size]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-1]Defense: Pts per 100 Poss.[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]111.2[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]109.5[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]+1.7[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-1]Net Points per 100 Possessions[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]+1.1[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]-5.6[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]+6.6[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-1]Effective FG% Allowed[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]50.5%[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]49.0%[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]+1.4%[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Bradon Roy
[table][tr][td]
[size=-1]Stat[/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]ON Court[/size]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]Net[/size]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]108.2[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]108.7[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]-0.5[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-1]Net Points per 100 Possessions[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]+9.2[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]-0.6[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]+9.8[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-1]Effective FG% Allowed[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]50.0%[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]49.4%[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]+0.6%[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][/table]

The Pacers defense seems to be better when Danny Granger is off the court? for someone who is supposed to be a much better defender that doesn't seem to be make sense.
ohwell.gif

To show that this on court/ off court stats kind of work here is Ron artest.

Many stats are shown on a 'per 48 minute' basis
[table][tr][td]
[size=-1]Stat[/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]ON Court[/size]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]Net[/size]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]103.2[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]107.9[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]-4.7[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Rockets points allowed gets worse by 4.7 points when Ron is not on the court and the Rockets are defenders from top to bottom.
Not going to disagree, but you have to take plus-minus numbers with a grain of salt. Adjusted Plus/Minus is a much better metric, as it usesmathematical techniques to eliminate the contribution of teammates. Let's just say that a player is a great defender but the the teammates he typicallygets subbed in with are terrible defenders (since oftentimes groups of teammates are generally subbed in as units... starters, subs, etc.). Even if hecontributes a lot defensively, he may still have a crappy because of his typical teammates on the floor (the ones who are often playing the same time as him).Since basketball rotations are not purely random, straight plus-minus can be misleading. Again, it doesn't necessarily invalidate your point in any way (Idon't have #s handy or anything), just that the stats presented may not always paint the proper statistical picture.

Originally Posted by Long Beach Vincey

Originally Posted by WJuN15

SMH @ some of u guys

Roy is better than joe johnson...

Granger is NOT better than Joe johnson

smh @ artest and battier stopping broy...and he scores 42 in a win...
William?

LOL Granger plays on an average team while ATL and POR are talent laden. Swap out Roy with Granger or JJ and the Blazers would not skip a beat
I could not disagree more.

He leads the 4th seeded team in the western conference in points,steals,and assists. He was the 10th leading scorer in the regular season(and after last nighthe's the third leading scorer in the playoffs lol). But I got him in my top 15 on the cusp of being top ten. I think that the blazers are a slightly betterteam with broy, than with granger or johnson imo.

We dont want to turn this into an argument about how the Kings are the worst team in the league..

..and how after every player leaves the Kings, they put up numbers and actually make the playoffs
laugh.gif
(Bibby, Salmons, Miller, Artest)

But anywho...

Ya the Blazers are good.

Ya they are in the playoffs.

Ya Roy put up 42 last night.

We (The Lakers) are going for at least 2 more rings, after we get one this year.

There is a dude name Lebron in the league who is hungry, has a great supporting cast, and is obviously going to get a few.

Ya Roy and the Blazers are good, but a ring in the next 5 years?

roll.gif

You guys are comedy.

leave it to OKB with the stats
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

not top 10, but somewhere within 15-20.
kobe has about just 5 years left in him? by that time, this blazers team will have more then enough experience in the league to cause some damage.
its funny how you have a lebon avy, and call yourself a "laker" fan. hm..
eyes.gif
eyes.gif
smh.gif
smh.gif

Top 10

my 2nd fav. player after ray ray... tied with allen iverson

one of the reasons why
0:23
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by N O R E A G A

Originally Posted by DIGITALJORDAN

Top 10.

If you disagree name 10 better.
Kobe
Wade
Lebron
D12
Melo
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Yao
Garnett
Pierce

/thread.
noreaga, I know you're still salty from that loss last night so I would be surprised if Roy was in your top 100 right now
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Top 10.

Kobe
Wade
Lebron
D12
Melo
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Yao
Garnett
Pierce

/thread.
Yup. Tough to argue over any of those guys.
Edit: Replace Melo with Dirk

top 20. underrated coming out of college, most people thought he was a finished product cause of his age, but he's been steadily improving. perenialallstar status.

Top 10.

Kobe
Wade
Lebron
D12
Melo
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Yao
Garnett
Pierce

/thread.
Those 3 a head of Roy? Maybe because of my fandom I will give you Pierce, and for some reason Melo but not Williams. I would take Roy hands downover Williams any day.

nope!.,..with jj maybe the blazers would be as good, but not as good...

but def. not granger...he puts up stats though...

if we talkin bout fantasy stats...ill take those two other than roy any day...cept jj cooled off at the end

I would take Roy hands down over Williams any day.

Agreed.

Also

B Roy =[table][tr][td]PPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22.6[/td] [td]5.1[/td] [td]4.7[/td] [/tr][/table]
Melo =[table][tr][td]PPG[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22.8[/td] [td]6.8[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [/tr][/table]

Brandon is in his third season and Melo in his fifth

Originally Posted by JONFARR

Top 10.

Kobe
Wade
Lebron
D12
Melo
Chris Paul
Deron Williams
Yao
Garnett
Pierce

/thread.
Those 3 a head of Roy? Maybe because of my fandom I will give you Pierce, and for some reason Melo but not Williams. I would take Roy hands down over Williams any day.

grin.gif
laugh.gif
C'mon Now.

Plus yall forgot Durant in that top 10 up there.
nerd.gif

Agreed.

Also

B Roy = [table][tr][td]PPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22.6[/td] [td]5.1[/td] [td]4.7[/td] [/tr][/table]
Melo = [table][tr][td]PPG[/td] [td]RPG[/td] [td]APG[/td] [/tr][tr][td]22.8[/td] [td]6.8[/td] [td]3.4[/td] [/tr][/table]

Brandon is in his third season and Melo in his 6th
C'mon with the stats.

I think it was pretty evident Melo had a DOWN year.

Since you guys are so intrigued with numbers. Compare their best years.
nerd.gif

Denver > Portland, what's your point.

Melo and ESPECIALLY Deron are better than Brandon Roy.

For starters, Deron is arguably tied as the best PG in the League, kids handles are just amazing, and can penetrate very well. If you want to rely on stats andbase your whole argument on them, then Deron is better since he averages 5 more assists than Roy, but only scores 3 points less, that's at least 7 pointsmore he's converting for his team. If you think Chris Paul is better than Roy but don't think Deron is too, you need to evaluate how good they bothare, because it's not that large of a gap.

Melo is taking a back seat and allowing some of the role players to help them win right now. He's clearly capable of doing more, but instead of focusing onhim, he's letting his teammates get involved, and they are a MUCH better team since AI left and Chauncey came in. Melo has also improved his shooting andis making a more conscious effort inside.

If you're building a franchise, I'd take Melo or Deron ahead of Roy ten days out of ten.

Back
Top Bottom