WHERE WOULD U RANK BRANDON ROY IN TERMS OF BEST PLAYERS IN THE NBA??

Originally Posted by CB94

Originally Posted by jville819

Around the same spot I have Joe Johnson

I have NO clue where that spot is, but I agree somehow. Wow.
Really good and underrated. Right at the edge of being a superstar, but they don't get the attention except from the fanbase and others whofollow the sport closely.

Originally Posted by ElderWatsonDiggs

Originally Posted by Chester McFloppy

He doesn't play in Cleveland so he's better than LeBron.
He doesn't rape women so he's better than Kobe.
He doesn't have herpes, so he's better than DWade.

Probably #1.
How long did it take you to coem up with that...and don't lie, you keep checking this post to see how many people lol'ed at that joke. For the record that wasn't funny.

LOL.

are we gonna have these types of post throughout the playoffs whenever someone blows up?

SMH @ some of u guys

Roy is better than joe johnson...

Granger is NOT better than Joe johnson

smh @ artest and battier stopping broy...and he scores 42 in a win...

12-15 this year. Next season I'm expecting him to be in the later spectrum of top 10. He may be the best SG in the league when Kobe retires, along with DWhistle.

Originally Posted by Tarvald Drama Chase

where would you guys rank B.Roy in terms of best players in the NBA?.... theres's the first tier with Kobe, Lebron, Wade, CP3, D12... and then the rest.. so would yall say top 5... top 10??

Fixed

Kobes
LeBron
Dwight
Wade
Durant
Deron
Chris Paul
KG
PP
TD
TP
Yao
Melo
Amare
Dirk

Then there's a big group that consists of... Granger, JJ, Roy, Harris, Iguodala, and Rip. So I'd say 15-20.

Basically in the same group as JJ and Granger as others have stated. Roy and JJ offensively is about even, and maybe Granger isn't as good offensively asthose two dudes, but he's not that far off. He's definitely a better defender though, that's for sure.

he maybe top 10-15 but when he plays the Lakers, he's like a top 5
smh.gif

Top 15.

Dude's gonna be top 5 in a couple years. Unless D12 keeps getting better. Then he'll be #6.

Originally Posted by franchise3

Basically in the same group as JJ and Granger as others have stated. Roy and JJ offensively is about even, and maybe Granger isn't as good offensively as those two dudes, but he's not that far off. He's definitely a better defender though, that's for sure.
Yeah Granger makes up for any questions of his offense on the defensive end. He CAN arguably end up being a better shooter too, he justdoesn't fill it up as much as Roy and JJ can on a given night.

Top 10 no doubt. IMO
Top 5 SG.

Dude is one of the best players in the league, but doesn't get the credit because he's so unselfish and plays in Portland.

Brandon Roy is one of the most ridiculously efficient offensive players in the NBA the catalyst of the most efficient offense in the NBA. Top 5 in offensive rating and Top 10 in PER. Joe Johnson and Danny Granger are not on the his level in terms of offensive production.

Danny Granger
[table][tr][td]
[size=-1]Stat[/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]ON Court[/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]OFF Court[/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]Net[/size]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-1]Defense: Pts per 100 Poss.[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]111.2[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]109.5[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]+1.7[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-1]Net Points per 100 Possessions[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]+1.1[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]-5.6[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]+6.6[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-1]Effective FG% Allowed[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]50.5%[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]49.0%[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]+1.4%[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Bradon Roy
[table][tr][td]
[size=-1]Stat[/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]ON Court[/size]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]Net[/size]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]108.2[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]108.7[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]-0.5[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-1]Net Points per 100 Possessions[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]+9.2[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]-0.6[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]+9.8[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[size=-1]Effective FG% Allowed[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]50.0%[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]49.4%[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]+0.6%[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][/table]

The Pacers defense seems to be better when Danny Granger is off the court? for someone who is supposed to be a much better defender that doesn't seem to be make sense.
ohwell.gif

To show that this on court/ off court stats kind of work here is Ron artest.

Many stats are shown on a 'per 48 minute' basis
[table][tr][td]
[size=-1]Stat[/size]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]ON Court[/size]
[/td] [td]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]Net[/size]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]103.2[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]107.9[/size]​
[/td] [td]
[size=-1]-4.7[/size]​
[/td] [/tr][/table]
Rockets points allowed gets worse by 4.7 points when Ron is not on the court and the Rockets are defenders from top to bottom.

BRoy is an extrmemly nice player. But he's not in that top tier of players...He's probably in the top 15-20. Not a better player than Joe Johnson...

15-20
id love to see the list of those who say he top 10

and
laugh.gif
@ those who even thinks he in the top5

Originally Posted by yungmatt

How some of yall think Carmelo is a better player than Brandon Roy is beyond me
or the fact that people think he is better than JJ as well. If anything Melo is in the same group as JJ and Roy, just outside the top 10

as mentioned...........he is an all star so he's top 25 figuring some people were left out like Carmelo.

Don't get me wrong BRoy is nice but I will never understand the hate for Carmelo and why people seem to leave him off top 15 list. Hr really is a goodplayer

Nt should just start a playoff 40+ pts or outstanding game( triple doubles) thread...so we can keep up with all the players and read all the rediculouscomments after a player has a great game instead of a new thread after every game about one player being this or that

Back
Top Bottom