Where Does Dirk Rank in the Dicussion of Best PF'S

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Yea KG does pick and chose his battles. I don't have a problem with it though. I love the dude. He is funny to me. I don't see/feel the need to not like him because of it. But I can understand if you all don't like him because of those incidents.

But in terms of importance to the game and semi-domination of the generation, I would place KG above Dirk.
I wouldn't say he is BETTER because they are so different.
Depends on what you're basing your perspective on.

Dirk did more for the international game (of course), and he was the better offensive player, but KG was obviously more well-rounded.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Yea KG does pick and chose his battles. I don't have a problem with it though. I love the dude. He is funny to me. I don't see/feel the need to not like him because of it. But I can understand if you all don't like him because of those incidents.

But in terms of importance to the game and semi-domination of the generation, I would place KG above Dirk.
I wouldn't say he is BETTER because they are so different.
Depends on what you're basing your perspective on.

Dirk did more for the international game (of course), and he was the better offensive player, but KG was obviously more well-rounded.

But Dirk put in WORK on KG in head to head meetings, especially when the Mavs swept the Wolves in 3 games, giving him 34 pts, 16 rebounds, and shooting 73%3ptfg in a sweep.

And yes, KG shoots a crapload of jumpshots too and is, IMO, soft.

But Dirk put in WORK on KG in head to head meetings, especially when the Mavs swept the Wolves in 3 games, giving him 34 pts, 16 rebounds, and shooting 73%3ptfg in a sweep.

And yes, KG shoots a crapload of jumpshots too and is, IMO, soft.

Originally Posted by Remi23

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Originally Posted by DubA169

what the hell has Bosh done to be better than Amare, let alone Dirk who is obviously miles ahead of both.

In my lifetime only Duncan is the only better 4 than dirk
Well, of course team-wise, Bosh's Raptors haven't done much in comparison to Amare's Suns and Dirk's Mavs. But Chris Bosh has been putting in work regardless individually.

KG > Dirk in my lifetime. Heck, in my lifetime, I have seen Peja play better than Dirk. Even Webber was better before he got injured. But career-wise, still gotta put Duncan and KG over Dirk. And of course, Dirk's career over Peja and Webber.

No one going to bring up the defense argument against Dirk?

when?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Bunch of young kids on NT... Peja did work on Dirk in the early 2000's before and after Webber blew his knee against the Mavs in 2003. However, like I said, Peja's career can't compare to Dirk's. 
Exactly When was Peja EVER better Dirk 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Did you start watching the NBA after 2005? Yes, there was a time when Peja was arguably a MVP candidate (one year) and he was arguably better than Dirk (one to two years) as well. Of course, this was when the Kings were better than the Mavs and just right after Webber suffered that horrific knee injury... 

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Originally Posted by DubA169

what the hell has Bosh done to be better than Amare, let alone Dirk who is obviously miles ahead of both.

In my lifetime only Duncan is the only better 4 than dirk
Well, of course team-wise, Bosh's Raptors haven't done much in comparison to Amare's Suns and Dirk's Mavs. But Chris Bosh has been putting in work regardless individually.

KG > Dirk in my lifetime. Heck, in my lifetime, I have seen Peja play better than Dirk. Even Webber was better before he got injured. But career-wise, still gotta put Duncan and KG over Dirk. And of course, Dirk's career over Peja and Webber.

No one going to bring up the defense argument against Dirk?

when?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Bunch of young kids on NT... Peja did work on Dirk in the early 2000's before and after Webber blew his knee against the Mavs in 2003. However, like I said, Peja's career can't compare to Dirk's. 
Exactly When was Peja EVER better Dirk 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif

Did you start watching the NBA after 2005? Yes, there was a time when Peja was arguably a MVP candidate (one year) and he was arguably better than Dirk (one to two years) as well. Of course, this was when the Kings were better than the Mavs and just right after Webber suffered that horrific knee injury... 

KG soft?! he gets nasty on defense & grabs boards on the regular. He does fadeaway on the jumpshot though...

KG soft?! he gets nasty on defense & grabs boards on the regular. He does fadeaway on the jumpshot though...

IMO the best PF in the L right now. Top 10 of all-time easily

IMO the best PF in the L right now. Top 10 of all-time easily

Originally Posted by Juan Baller

All-time? I'd put the following guys ahead of him.

Karl Malone
Tim Duncan
Bob Pettit
Charles Barkley
Kevin Garnett
Elgin Baylor
Elvin Hayes
Dennis Rodman
Dolph Schayes
Chris Webber (most folks don't realize how good he was during his peak years of 1999-2002)

Moses Malone was a center (check out his All-NBA selections). Larry Bird played the 3 while McHale and Parish occupied the 4 and 5 spots.
Poor James Worthy... nobody remembers him...

Karl Malone
Tim Duncan
Bob Pettit
Charles Barkley
Kevin Garnett
Elgin Baylor
Elvin Hayes
Dennis Rodman
Dolph Schayes
Chris Webber (most folks don't realize how good he was during his peak years of 1999-2002)

Moses Malone was a center (check out his All-NBA selections). Larry Bird played the 3 while McHale and Parish occupied the 4 and 5 spots.

Originally Posted by I AM NAS

Karl Malone
Tim Duncan
Bob Pettit
Charles Barkley
Kevin Garnett
Elgin Baylor
Elvin Hayes
Dennis Rodman
Dolph Schayes

uhhh...looks like ur one of them cuz hes completely irrelevant to everything in this thread
laugh.gif

to me as of the past season dirk is the best PF in the game. i can see bosh having a small chance to overtake his spot this year. but i think its going to be dirk for the next season and the one after.

Karl Malone
Tim Duncan
Bob Pettit
Charles Barkley
Kevin Garnett
Elgin Baylor
Elvin Hayes
Dennis Rodman
Dolph Schayes

uhhh...looks like ur one of them cuz hes completely irrelevant to everything in this thread
laugh.gif

to me as of the past season dirk is the best PF in the game. i can see bosh having a small chance to overtake his spot this year. but i think its going to be dirk for the next season and the one after.

Karl Malone
Tim Duncan
Bob Pettit
Charles Barkley
Kevin Garnett
Elgin Baylor
Elvin Hayes
Dennis Rodman
Dolph Schayes

I always find it funny when i see lists like this....What about Schayes and Petit makes you say they're better than Dirk...Maybe Im wrong and you do know something about them, but I'm sure you weren't old enough to watch them... and I doubt you watch espn classic games of them...

Wasn't Baylor a 3??? He was 6'5 so it's hard for me to imagine that he played 4 that much..

Karl Malone
Tim Duncan
Bob Pettit
Charles Barkley
Kevin Garnett
Elgin Baylor
Elvin Hayes
Dennis Rodman
Dolph Schayes

I always find it funny when i see lists like this....What about Schayes and Petit makes you say they're better than Dirk...Maybe Im wrong and you do know something about them, but I'm sure you weren't old enough to watch them... and I doubt you watch espn classic games of them...

Wasn't Baylor a 3??? He was 6'5 so it's hard for me to imagine that he played 4 that much..

Karl Malone
Tim Duncan
Bob Pettit
Charles Barkley
Kevin Garnett
Elgin Baylor
Elvin Hayes
Dennis Rodman
Dolph Schayes

James Worthy was a small forward.

Karl Malone
Tim Duncan
Bob Pettit
Charles Barkley
Kevin Garnett
Elgin Baylor
Elvin Hayes
Dennis Rodman
Dolph Schayes

James Worthy was a small forward.

As much as Dirk gets pushed around, he pushes back just as hard. He fights through it. Pau is the definition of soft. He gets pushed and doesn't push back at all.

Back
Top Bottom