Where Does Dirk Rank in the Dicussion of Best PF'S

Originally Posted by nicedudewithnicedreams

Heck, in my lifetime, I have seen Peja play better than Dirk.
shaq.jpg

Originally Posted by Remi23

He's pretty Solid other than being kind of soft. He's really a small Foward in a Center's body. Is he a top ten PF of All Time?

I'm tired of people calling Dirk soft.  If he's soft, then what the hell is Garnett?  And why does everyone keep saying he's behind Bosh???

If anything I'd take Dirk or TD (age considered) first...  Then I'd start to consider Bosh and Amare.

If you mean all time... I don't know.  I don't think it's fair for me to speak on any of the PFs from the early 80s and earlier because I never saw them play and they existed in a different far more physical low-post-centric era.  But Dirk HAS to be top 5-10 most offensively gifted big men to ever play the game.

He's pretty Solid other than being kind of soft. He's really a small Foward in a Center's body. Is he a top ten PF of All Time?

I'm tired of people calling Dirk soft.  If he's soft, then what the hell is Garnett?  And why does everyone keep saying he's behind Bosh???

If anything I'd take Dirk or TD (age considered) first...  Then I'd start to consider Bosh and Amare.

If you mean all time... I don't know.  I don't think it's fair for me to speak on any of the PFs from the early 80s and earlier because I never saw them play and they existed in a different far more physical low-post-centric era.  But Dirk HAS to be top 5-10 most offensively gifted big men to ever play the game.

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

Originally Posted by DubA169

what the hell has Bosh done to be better than Amare, let alone Dirk who is obviously miles ahead of both.

In my lifetime only Duncan is the only better 4 than dirk
What about Kevin Garnett?
glasses.gif
Never been the biggest KG fan. Always been mesmerized by Dirk. I probably overrate him. Always thought he was nasty and got robbed of a ring

what the hell has Bosh done to be better than Amare, let alone Dirk who is obviously miles ahead of both.

glasses.gif
Never been the biggest KG fan. Always been mesmerized by Dirk. I probably overrate him. Always thought he was nasty and got robbed of a ring

Originally Posted by bonafide125

Well, of course team-wise, Bosh's Raptors haven't done much in comparison to Amare's Suns and Dirk's Mavs. But Chris Bosh has been putting in work regardless individually.

KG > Dirk in my lifetime. Heck, in my lifetime, I have seen Peja play better than Dirk. Even Webber was better before he got injured. But career-wise, still gotta put Duncan and KG over Dirk. And of course, Dirk's career over Peja and Webber.

No one going to bring up the defense argument against Dirk?

when?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Bunch of young kids on NT... Peja did work on Dirk in the early 2000's before and after Webber blew his knee against the Mavs in 2003. However, like I said, Peja's career can't compare to Dirk's. 

Well, of course team-wise, Bosh's Raptors haven't done much in comparison to Amare's Suns and Dirk's Mavs. But Chris Bosh has been putting in work regardless individually.

KG > Dirk in my lifetime. Heck, in my lifetime, I have seen Peja play better than Dirk. Even Webber was better before he got injured. But career-wise, still gotta put Duncan and KG over Dirk. And of course, Dirk's career over Peja and Webber.

when?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Bunch of young kids on NT... Peja did work on Dirk in the early 2000's before and after Webber blew his knee against the Mavs in 2003. However, like I said, Peja's career can't compare to Dirk's. 

Originally Posted by Nako XL

I'm tired of people calling Dirk soft.  If he's soft, then what the hell is Garnett?
But Kevin Garnett screams and he's a good defender.

Originally Posted by Nako XL

I'm tired of people calling Dirk soft.  If he's soft, then what the hell is Garnett?
But Kevin Garnett screams and he's a good defender.

glasses.gif
Understandable. Two different skill sets. I am a fan of both.

What is your issue with Mr. Garnett?

glasses.gif

glasses.gif

Jose Calderon? Crawling on the floor?

What's not to love?

glasses.gif

Jose Calderon? Crawling on the floor?

What's not to love?

when?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Exactly When was Peja EVER better Dirk 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

when?
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
indifferent.gif
laugh.gif

Exactly When was Peja EVER better Dirk 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yea KG does pick and chose his battles. I don't have a problem with it though. I love the dude. He is funny to me. I don't see/feel the need to not like him because of it. But I can understand if you all don't like him because of those incidents.

But in terms of importance to the game and semi-domination of the generation, I would place KG above Dirk.
I wouldn't say he is BETTER because they are so different.

Yea KG does pick and chose his battles. I don't have a problem with it though. I love the dude. He is funny to me. I don't see/feel the need to not like him because of it. But I can understand if you all don't like him because of those incidents.

But in terms of importance to the game and semi-domination of the generation, I would place KG above Dirk.
I wouldn't say he is BETTER because they are so different.

he only fights white boys but still would never have the balls would step up to Darko. The tony Montana antics on the sidelines a couple of years ago. He's scared to touch the ball in the 4th quarter. he goes from humble to biggest piece of $#+@ after winning a ring. He's reeeeally scared of touching the ball in the 4th quarter.

he's still a great player

he only fights white boys but still would never have the balls would step up to Darko. The tony Montana antics on the sidelines a couple of years ago. He's scared to touch the ball in the 4th quarter. he goes from humble to biggest piece of $#+@ after winning a ring. He's reeeeally scared of touching the ball in the 4th quarter.

he's still a great player

Back
Top Bottom