Where do you see this country headed?

Originally Posted by Rico x Hood

Probably arguing about the same things we argue about now. Every generation says this country is going to the dogs. It's just the cycle of things.
Not true, our country is in worse shape than it's been for a whiiile. If the GOP has the House, the Senate AND the Presidency, IDK man.

Example: I'm paying social security every paycheck that I'm 90% sure I won't be seeing any of.

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Originally Posted by soltheman

Our newborns will be learning Chinese in schools.

This.  China's economy and job market will surpass the United States in the next 10 years... powerhouse in the making.  There's a reason why a lot of jobs in the U.S. get outsourced over there, hell even a lot of American's are working overseas in China now
laugh.gif

Time to step ya mandarin game up.
Ni hao, ###%$%%.

roll.gif

Originally Posted by hongcouver604

Originally Posted by soltheman

Our newborns will be learning Chinese in schools.

This.  China's economy and job market will surpass the United States in the next 10 years... powerhouse in the making.  There's a reason why a lot of jobs in the U.S. get outsourced over there, hell even a lot of American's are working overseas in China now
laugh.gif

Time to step ya mandarin game up.
Ni hao, ###%$%%.

roll.gif

im looking forward to the advances we are making...that's the prime of my life...i plan on enjoying it...whatever the future holds

im looking forward to the advances we are making...that's the prime of my life...i plan on enjoying it...whatever the future holds

I see us spearheading and eventually succeeding in the clean energy field, leading to better jobs and a boost to our economy. It's all a cycle; right now things "seem" to be able to only get better. With Japan's catastrophic earthquake and tsunami, I see American automakers returning to their previous dominance (Besides look at Toyota's recent troubles). However, I think that with our education being an eyesore of bureaucracy, I feel the youth won't get the necessary education to make it a reality so soon. But, on the other hand, Americans have always strived under the rigors and adversity we put ourselves through (Civil War, Great Depression, Cold War, 9/11, etc.). It's in our blood, whether you're Hispanic, Black, White, Asian, what have you, we've all experienced hardships and somehow we're all still here and America is still at the top. We just need to realize who we are and what our country stands for.

Just my opinion though.
**Kanye Shrug**

I see us spearheading and eventually succeeding in the clean energy field, leading to better jobs and a boost to our economy. It's all a cycle; right now things "seem" to be able to only get better. With Japan's catastrophic earthquake and tsunami, I see American automakers returning to their previous dominance (Besides look at Toyota's recent troubles). However, I think that with our education being an eyesore of bureaucracy, I feel the youth won't get the necessary education to make it a reality so soon. But, on the other hand, Americans have always strived under the rigors and adversity we put ourselves through (Civil War, Great Depression, Cold War, 9/11, etc.). It's in our blood, whether you're Hispanic, Black, White, Asian, what have you, we've all experienced hardships and somehow we're all still here and America is still at the top. We just need to realize who we are and what our country stands for.

Just my opinion though.
**Kanye Shrug**

Greed will be the downfall of our society.

We need to start manufacturing, producing and innovating things in this country. We have outsourced all of that. Bring that back and I think we'll be good.

We need to start manufacturing, producing and innovating things in this country. We have outsourced all of that. Bring that back and I think we'll be good.

CNBC has a program this Friday night about the polar opposite directions the US and China are headed in.

I'm also reading a book about the 2 countries ("ChinAmerica") and it has really got me thinking if our government should play a larger role in business. They shouldn't give those bailouts, but they should create national projects to stimulate the economy and jobs.

CNBC has a program this Friday night about the polar opposite directions the US and China are headed in.

I'm also reading a book about the 2 countries ("ChinAmerica") and it has really got me thinking if our government should play a larger role in business. They shouldn't give those bailouts, but they should create national projects to stimulate the economy and jobs.

Originally Posted by E3LAL

I was talking to someone about this and they were quick to point out that the..I forgot whats its called provided many jobs decades ago, but was temporarily. I wonder what it would take to re-industrialize and if that is even feasible.

I have no idea where we'll be. I'm definitely weighing my options if things don't pan out here.

Originally Posted by E3LAL

I was talking to someone about this and they were quick to point out that the..I forgot whats its called provided many jobs decades ago, but was temporarily. I wonder what it would take to re-industrialize and if that is even feasible.

I have no idea where we'll be. I'm definitely weighing my options if things don't pan out here.

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Agreed. It really really really bothers me that we have so many jobs that could be filled with Americans sent overseas...and yet, people seem to only be angry about immigrants living in America "stealing" their jobs.

Originally Posted by PoloLax

Agreed. It really really really bothers me that we have so many jobs that could be filled with Americans sent overseas...and yet, people seem to only be angry about immigrants living in America "stealing" their jobs.

Rosie%20Marx.png

[h1]Attention Marxists: Labor's Share Of National Income Drops To Lowest In History[/h1]
By Tyler Durden

Created 06/03/2011 - 18:03

Probably the most imprtant secular trend in recent employment data, one that has a far greater impact on the macroeconomic themes than Birth/Death and seasonal adjustment manipulated month to month shifts in the employment pool per either the household or establishment surveys, is the labor share of national income. In a 2004 paper from the St. Louis Fed [1], the authors make the following statement: "The allocation of national income between workers and the owners of capital is considered one of the more remarkably stable relationships in the  U.S. economy. As a general rule of thumb, economists often cite labor’s share of income to be about two-thirds of national income—although the exact figure is sensitive to the specific data used to calculate the ratio. Over time, this ratio has shown no clear tendency to rise or fall." It would be wonderful if this was true, and thus if the US population really had a stable distribution of income between laborers and capital owners. Alas it is dead wrong. In fact, as the latest note from David Rosenberg points out, the "labor share of national income has fallen to its lower level in modern history - down to 57.5% in the first quarter from 57.6% in the fourth quarter of last year, 57.8% a year ago, and 59.8% when the recovery began." And here is where the Marxist-Leninist party of the US should pay particular attention: "some recovery it has been - a recovery in which labor's share of the spoils has declined to unprecedented levels."

Like Rosie, Zero Hedge is not a marxist blog: quite the opposite, but like him we come to the same troubling conclusion: "extremes like this, unfortunately, never seem to lead us to a very stable place." We would go further: not only does the US already have the core elements, should one be so inclined, to provoke a (rather active) anti-fascist movement based on some interpretations of pro-corporatists policies adopted by the administration, but should another be so inclined, the country also has the groundwork in place for another neo-Marxist revolution: just take this chart, add some slogans, mix, and simmer. And who will be the natural enemy? Why only look at the great October revolution [2]in Russia for ideas. History always rhymes.

http://www.zerohedge.com/print/398906

Rosie%20Marx.png

[h1]Attention Marxists: Labor's Share Of National Income Drops To Lowest In History[/h1]
By Tyler Durden

Created 06/03/2011 - 18:03

Probably the most imprtant secular trend in recent employment data, one that has a far greater impact on the macroeconomic themes than Birth/Death and seasonal adjustment manipulated month to month shifts in the employment pool per either the household or establishment surveys, is the labor share of national income. In a 2004 paper from the St. Louis Fed [1], the authors make the following statement: "The allocation of national income between workers and the owners of capital is considered one of the more remarkably stable relationships in the  U.S. economy. As a general rule of thumb, economists often cite labor’s share of income to be about two-thirds of national income—although the exact figure is sensitive to the specific data used to calculate the ratio. Over time, this ratio has shown no clear tendency to rise or fall." It would be wonderful if this was true, and thus if the US population really had a stable distribution of income between laborers and capital owners. Alas it is dead wrong. In fact, as the latest note from David Rosenberg points out, the "labor share of national income has fallen to its lower level in modern history - down to 57.5% in the first quarter from 57.6% in the fourth quarter of last year, 57.8% a year ago, and 59.8% when the recovery began." And here is where the Marxist-Leninist party of the US should pay particular attention: "some recovery it has been - a recovery in which labor's share of the spoils has declined to unprecedented levels."

Like Rosie, Zero Hedge is not a marxist blog: quite the opposite, but like him we come to the same troubling conclusion: "extremes like this, unfortunately, never seem to lead us to a very stable place." We would go further: not only does the US already have the core elements, should one be so inclined, to provoke a (rather active) anti-fascist movement based on some interpretations of pro-corporatists policies adopted by the administration, but should another be so inclined, the country also has the groundwork in place for another neo-Marxist revolution: just take this chart, add some slogans, mix, and simmer. And who will be the natural enemy? Why only look at the great October revolution [2]in Russia for ideas. History always rhymes.

http://www.zerohedge.com/print/398906

Broad question, can't really answer it specifically.

We're a "service provider" nation that is full tilt on debt and imports. We "want the best" but cannot pay for it and have an idealistic sense of where we are but not viewed in the same way by other countries. The debt in this country will ultimately continue leading us to a downfall in which we won't really be able to compete on a global scale like we once were able to.

I'd love to see an overhaul of the corporate and personal tax system in the US, but fail to see how that'd ever occur since Politicians stand to lose a ton.

I hope in 10-15 years the "two party" system is effectively dead because so many of their political ideals have been stretched from the original and now overlap.

Long story short, America's needs to realize its sense of entitlement is long gone.

Broad question, can't really answer it specifically.

We're a "service provider" nation that is full tilt on debt and imports. We "want the best" but cannot pay for it and have an idealistic sense of where we are but not viewed in the same way by other countries. The debt in this country will ultimately continue leading us to a downfall in which we won't really be able to compete on a global scale like we once were able to.

I'd love to see an overhaul of the corporate and personal tax system in the US, but fail to see how that'd ever occur since Politicians stand to lose a ton.

I hope in 10-15 years the "two party" system is effectively dead because so many of their political ideals have been stretched from the original and now overlap.

Long story short, America's needs to realize its sense of entitlement is long gone.

Back
Top Bottom