whats the greatest album of all time of any genre?

young_dro.jpg

Originally Posted by cantonayceboy

rolling stones magazine had radiohead ok computer. ive got illmatic. what do you guys have as the greatest album of all time? only one album. no honorable mentions

I thought Rolling Stones chose The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's?

YO!
IMO, Aquemini, because I can put that CD in any day and keep it in for 3-4 full spins without skipping any tracks.
pimp.gif

But I'll take Thriller if someone throws it out there...

DF!!!

Thriller is a classic album, easy to pick as a favorite, but I won't say it's the best. Most catchy, without a doubt... no contest.

As far as production/composition/lyrics/vibe/timing/relevance...

1188670608_1973-innervisions.jpg

Originally Posted by VanillaGorillaDX

Originally Posted by cantonayceboy

rolling stones magazine had radiohead ok computer. ive got illmatic. what do you guys have as the greatest album of all time? only one album. no honorable mentions
I thought Rolling Stones chose The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's?
it is. idk where OP got that from..

some people say [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]Sgt. Pepper's[/color] isn't even their best album, and that's arguable, butjust the influence, the effort, and the creativity that goes with that album is hard to compete with. it birthed the idea of a concept album, having veryintricate album art down to littlest details possible, the psychedelic and experimentation in musicality, the unheard-of instrumentation from song to song, allof them trying to learn new skills with new instruments and what other sounds they can create with various things...idk man...

it's far from my favorite album. it ain't even my favorite Beatles album ( that would be Abbey Road, followed with The White Album and Let It Be ), butjust looking at the bigger picture and bias aside, it's not a bad pick at all.

if i had to pick though from strictly a personal preference i'd say [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill[/color].

What's scary about "Innversisions" is that Steve was only 23 at the time he did that...

-production
-instrumentation
-lyrics

ALL HIM! What are today's artists doing in their early 20s....
smh.gif

Originally Posted by I Drink Your Milkshake

What's scary about "Innversisions" is that Steve was only 23 at the time he did that...

-production
-instrumentation
-lyrics

ALL HIM! What are today's artists doing in their early 20s....
smh.gif
As much of a Stevie fan as I am, I still forget he produced all that @%$% himself.
sick.gif
BTW...

Music of My Mind, Talking Book, Innervisions, Fullfillingness' First Finale, and Songs In The Key Of Life > any stretch of albums made by anybody,period.

Back
Top Bottom