What was your starting salary like STRAIGHT OUT OF COLLEGE?

Anyone in the Art Department? Ie. Fashion, Graphic, or Industrial Design? Im currently majoring in graphic design but I plan on doubling into fashion as well.What's the salary like for up-and-coming designers. And, is there really a "maxing out" point when it comes to being in that field? Ive beenartistically inclined my whole entire life and that's pretty much what I love to do. Hopefully I can get at a design firm or company, Learn the ropes,than, start my own product/company. Thanks!

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by dreClark

Originally Posted by LuckyLuchiano

Any CIS Majors or cats in the IT field?
Yo.

Bout to be. Realized CS and majority programming aint really my bag.
Yea I was originally going to do Comp Sci or Comp Engineering, but I feel I am more "Business Savy" so to speak, then to be a "Labrat" in the basement all day.

I`m going into my Junior year, any cats who are in the game now have any advice? Yall can hit me with a PM, I`m trying to decide what field I want to focus inprimarily. I`m looking at Database Analyst, but not sure.

Originally Posted by bjamez20

my brother started out at like 115k, business degree with a focus on finance i think, from upenn. that doesnt count his bonus though.

i'm hoping to start at like 50k with an industrial design degree, but that might be a little optimistic

Fortunately, that's what a IVY League degree would do..

I have a good 1.5-2yrs left. My major is Finance or I might switch it up and major in International Business. and minor finance, and french.

I really don't care what I'm doing after I graduate as long as it's abroad, and making me enough $$ to live comfortably.

Originally Posted by AntonLaVey

Originally Posted by ThuG LyFe

i'll be making over 100k a year

care to tell us exactly what you're doing, and your major...like everyone else
eyes.gif
note the future tense.

Originally Posted by LiquidCREAM

whats the average for someone who majored in accounting
smile.gif
If your looking into to getting into public accounting its a minimum of $45K. It varies in private and governmental accounting.

I've been thinking of switching to an engineering degree before I continue school in the fall and this thread has been encouraging so far. Any others thatwant to talk about their career path I will be looking out for y'all.

B.S. in Health Sciences from Florida International University in Miami.

Currently working on a Doctorate in Physical Therapy, the mean starting salary for a physical therapist in FL is about 65k.

I've been working for a therapist for the past 3 years and future associate in a private practice upon completion of my Doctorate, so I'm looking at250k+.

Originally Posted by you big dummy

Originally Posted by Dr Spaceman

Originally Posted by MR MONDAY NIIGHT

Originally Posted by dreClark

Any CIS Majors or cats in the IT field?
Yo.
Bout to be. Realized CS and majority programming aint really my bag.
I have a year left

Did anyone pick up any certifications?

nerd.gif
Man I been trying to make moves, but this stuff is so broad I don't even know where to start.

I will have my BA in Behavioral Science at the end of June ( did the graduation thing but gotta finish this last class)

As far as jobs in my field, im lookin at 35-50. I would be happy with anything truthfully at this point.

Mez any input or any other psych type majors?

Originally Posted by LazyJ10

Originally Posted by dendanskesimon

so Im basically gunning for the very top positions (CEO and such) where Ill eventually be making 500k to a million a year

Im thinking about majoring in business administration or international business with a finance minor, or something like that. I really dont know what to do though because nobody in my family has ever gotten a proper education (apart from my mother as a nurse in denmark) so Im kind of lost. Anybody have any insight on what sort of education I should pursue?

I know for a fact I want to be in business, but its such a broad category, preferably end up travelling a lot and such.
Grand marquis and skylarks for days.
Yessir, Im gonna live in the hood for the first couple years and just stack my chips low key. Then Im movin out and gettin a dam hangar for thevehicles and some little house, cuz im not gonna be using it except for eatin and sleepin anyway. The only reason I wont stay in an urban/hood type spot is cuzonce I start making money, someones gonna notice eventually and try to pull something.

I mean that might not be exactly what happens, but Im gonna enjoy my remainin years in a crappy area (it feels so much more like home to me lol) and theneventually move on. But Ill definitely be gettin the whip game proper. I already promised my pops a Lambo too cuz he ended up not buying one a few years ago.
pimp.gif

STILL LOOKIN FOR ADVICE BTW!!!

Originally Posted by numbah1grimey

Anyone in the Art Department? Ie. Fashion, Graphic, or Industrial Design? Im currently majoring in graphic design but I plan on doubling into fashion as well. What's the salary like for up-and-coming designers. And, is there really a "maxing out" point when it comes to being in that field? Ive been artistically inclined my whole entire life and that's pretty much what I love to do. Hopefully I can get at a design firm or company, Learn the ropes, than, start my own product/company. Thanks!

laugh.gif
literally 3 posts above you i said i'm majoring in industrial design. i'd say there's a maximum salary if you're working for a firm, butif you become one of the top designers then it's limitless.

If anyone is in CIS, how much was your starting salary? What did you do? I think most CIS majors become system administrators or database analyst

so Im basically gunning for the very top positions (CEO and such) where Ill eventually be making 500k to a million a year

Im thinking about majoring in business administration or international business with a finance minor, or something like that. I really dont know what to do though because nobody in my family has ever gotten a proper education (apart from my mother as a nurse in denmark) so Im kind of lost. Anybody have any insight on what sort of education I should pursue?

I know for a fact I want to be in business, but its such a broad category, preferably end up travelling a lot and such.
Yessir, Im gonna live in the hood for the first couple years and just stack my chips low key. Then Im movin out and gettin a dam hangar for the vehicles and some little house, cuz im not gonna be using it except for eatin and sleepin anyway. The only reason I wont stay in an urban/hood type spot is cuz once I start making money, someones gonna notice eventually and try to pull something.

I mean that might not be exactly what happens, but Im gonna enjoy my remainin years in a crappy area (it feels so much more like home to me lol) and then eventually move on. But Ill definitely be gettin the whip game proper. I already promised my pops a Lambo too cuz he ended up not buying one a few years ago.
pimp.gif

you are acting like becoming a CEO is a certain thing for you, slow your role.

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by thekryptonite

Yessir, Im gonna live in the hood for the first couple years and just stack my chips low key. Then Im movin out and gettin a dam hangar for the vehicles and some little house, cuz im not gonna be using it except for eatin and sleepin anyway. The only reason I wont stay in an urban/hood type spot is cuz once I start making money, someones gonna notice eventually and try to pull something.

I mean that might not be exactly what happens, but Im gonna enjoy my remainin years in a crappy area (it feels so much more like home to me lol) and then eventually move on. But Ill definitely be gettin the whip game proper. I already promised my pops a Lambo too cuz he ended up not buying one a few years ago.
pimp.gif

you are acting like becoming a CEO is a certain thing for you, slow your role.

laugh.gif
no, Im just saying I want to set myself up for the path best suited for advancing into an executive position as quickly as possible, and I wouldappreciate it if somebody could hekp me out, because no one at school will help me and my family kinda cant

either way, ill get the money

^^ Nothing wrong with dreaming big.

Advice: Consulting would be a good industry to go into. They breed a lot of CEOs. Look to join a top consulting firm (i.e. McKinsey, Deloitte). As forundergrad, you could pretty much major in anything. When I was interviewing for McKinsey, I met employees who's majors ranged from Art History toEnglish... mine is Chemical Engineering. But after you get your BA, you should definitely go to a top school and get an MBA. Then join a company and work yourway up. This is of course is only one of the many ways that a person could become a CEO. Also, be aware that the higher you climb on the corporate ladder, themore political things will become. To say that networking is key would be a vast understatement.

Hope that helps!

My cousin hopefully isn't too many years away from a VP HR spot with Pepsi Co.

Hopefully he can help me out when I show him my degree.. lol

people always say "knowing people" gets you far.

1000k/yr Uc berkely

New just kidding going to grad school after I get my BAs in English and philosophy

Originally Posted by HyphySole

If anyone is in CIS, how much was your starting salary? What did you do? I think most CIS majors become system administrators or database analyst

yea, I`m trying to decide on which lane I want to focus in

Anyone a Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist??

Im thinking about trying to become one and 165k on average isn't bad either
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom