what was jay-z worst verse??

Didnt see this posted.  Pimp an Bun went off. I hope they didnt hav to pay for Jayz feature cuz his verse was trash
What? You serious bro? Next thing you know people will say that his verse on Hell Yeah with Dead Prez was wack.
BRUH BRUH..............u REALLY think jay got off on that verse? :smh:
Yes. Again I'm shocked at the verses you guys have been throwing out there as wack verses. You guys are throwing out a lot of the verses that I flat out love. Differences in opinion though.
Jeezy's ad-libs were better than jay's verse

Always thought his verse, flow and presence on Get Throwed was tough
im saying...dude was the PERFECT compliment to the southern sound..then he got on and rode the beat crazy....dude shined on that...

maaaaaad jay z slander lately....

If we're talking about Jay's worse verse then why is Get Throwed being mentioned??? Can a hater please tell me how that verse stands out as being bad :lol:

If we're talking about Jay's worse verse then why is Get Throwed being mentioned??? Can a hater please tell me how that verse stands out as being bad
laugh.gif
Man you just gotta laugh. NT been systematically trying to chip away at Jay's legacy one thread at a time. It's pretty funny. I been around this forum for a long time. Long enough to remember the reactions on here to just about every song mentioned. Goes without saying that things aren't adding up at all lol. Hell let's just take a look at a Get Throwed thread from just two years ago. Not a single person had a negative thing to say about Jay's verse. Couple of familiar names in there too.

http://niketalk.com/t/285470/i-hand...i-deserve-to-get-throwed-throwed-throwed/0_20

This thread is legitimately the first time I've ever heard anyone complain about that verse or Girls Girls Girls or You Don't Know. The internet is a funny place man lol. And its not even just Jay. NT has a really bad habit of trying to rewrite history. It's like the haters bide their time until the coast is clear and then pop up years later with opinions that completely go against the grain. Then they try to act like it was the prevailing opinion at the time. Quite hysterical if you ask me. I can't wait to see how this last few years of rap is viewed 5 years from now. I can already imagine how dudes will try their best to break Drake and Wayne down. It's already started for Wayne.

Last edited:
Man you just gotta laugh. NT been systematically trying to chip away at Jay's legacy one thread at a time. It's pretty funny. I been around this forum for a long time. Long enough to remember the reactions on here to just about every song mentioned. Goes without saying that things aren't adding up at all lol. Hell let's just take a look at a Get Throwed thread from just two years ago. Not a single person had a negative thing to say about Jay's verse. Couple of familiar names in there too.

http://niketalk.com/t/285470/i-hand...i-deserve-to-get-throwed-throwed-throwed/0_20
People caught in the moment ..

More people was posting and talking about Pimp's verse than Jay's ..

I never like Jay verse in get throwed. thats my personal opinion ...

Call me a hater IDC.

But at the end of the day ****** can never have discussion about this guy and his career without ****** throwing on their capes or  being called a hater ..

And that goes with damn near every discussion in the damn forum

It's not about being a "hater" that word has systematically been destroyed from its origin
Yes jayz is without a doubt top 5 dead or alive, there is no argument there... But to sit here and not look at some of the lethargic versus this dude has done is terribly irresponsible
, thus I throw around the " Stan" comment because dudes are defending this dude on every song and feature
Me and my girlfriend was the most disgusting remix, bars and versus known to man
Big pimpin, plain and simple bun and sweet jones murked that ninja, that's way he came back with another verse
What we do, yes his energy doesn't even compare to free and beans, and he had one good line someone mentioned
Crazy- phoned in performance on a ne-yo track( his own artist) but when he does songs with usher and especially pharrell dude always seems to kill it( only reason I like Frontin is because of Hov)
Brooklyn's finest, sorry bigs wordplay was so much more advance for me and jay really was trying to keep up
At the end of the day nobody is taking anything away from jay because he has put great albums and features out but Hov truly has been on cruise control recently only to show up on certain tracks to look just plain lazy( suit & tie)... It's not chipping away at his contributions or his flow but everybody has a different opinion so no matter what you say or if you even question his flow you are deemed a "hater" but I noticed he is the only emcee either on nt or in groups of friends that you can't honestly say anything bad about or there will be a RIOT, 2CHAINZZZZ

Last edited:
It's not about being a "hater" that word has systematically been destroyed from its origin
Yes jayz is without a doubt top 5 dead or alive, there is no argument there... But to sit here and not look at some of the lethargic versus this dude has done is terribly irresponsible

Repped for the realness on all of the above.

People caught in the moment ..

More people was posting and talking about Pimp's verse than Jay's ..

I never like Jay verse in get throwed. thats my personal opinion ...

Call me a hater IDC.

But at the end of the day ****** can never have discussion about this guy and his career without ****** throwing on their capes or  being called a hater ..

And that goes with damn near every discussion in the damn forum

Caught in the moment? Get Throwed dropped in what? 05-06? And its just now that I'm ever hearing anyone voice any sort of displeasure. That was a long ***** moment bro lol. Like I said, it's funny. I didn't even step into this thread intending to engage in debate. We all know Jay has bad songs/verses. 06 Bonnie and Clyde. Hollywood. Ghetto Techno etc etc. But when you see people name joints like Brooklyn's Finest you start to question your own sanity and are forced to speak up for your own mental health lol.

What's even funnier is that these conversations are always between stans stanning and haters feigning unbiased opinions. Very very rarely is there the person in between. And its so ridiculously transparent that I almost take offense to how naive some of you must think the rest of us who just want to have a music forum with intelligent and thought-provoking conversation are. It's the same characters, fighting the same battles, trying to move forward the same agendas. Rinse, wash, repeat. I rarely even come into the music forum anymore. The themes and threads in here are beyond tired. All this great music coming out and threads like the Chance the Rapper one are getting buried by you dudes trying to rewrite history constantly. Whether its Jay, Nas, or whoever.

And to homie above who says its "irresponsible" to not look at some of the lethargic verses Jay has spit. Is that the case for everyone, or just Jay? Cause honestly, I'm pretty ******g tired of talking about Jay in every third thread. Like, what's the point exactly? Stans won't be convinced and haters won't be satisfied. Trust me when I tell you. It's the same people arguing the same things year in and year out on here. Music forum is beyond stagnant.

Last edited:
Here's where you see the delusion....

I could say Jay is a genius for ****. And that as of now he will walk away with the greatest career, inside and outside of music, any rapper has ever known. Matter of fact, ANY musician has ever known between his music, label, management, apparel....******g sports now. Tours etc.

But if I'm not saying he's the greatest rapper ever, and I'm not saying he's been the greatest rapper every year he's been rapping, and I'm not saying EVERY verse of his is flawless, I'm a hater.

Get all the way the **** out of here.

What delusional Jay Z fans don't even understand is this thread isn't "name a good Jay Z verse". It's "What was jay-Z worse verse".

The only reason you can have a thread like that is because the majority of his verses are good. And so the question is which among those good verses is the worst.

But dudes are so stuck they look at this topic as some kind of affront to Jay's career without being able to have the clarity to take this thread for what it is.

Last edited:
Caught in the moment? Get Throwed dropped in what? 05-06? And its just now that I'm ever hearing anyone voice any sort of displeasure. That was a long ***** moment bro lol. Like I said, it's funny. I didn't even step into this thread intending to engage in debate. We all know Jay has bad songs/verses. 06 Bonnie and Clyde. Hollywood. Ghetto Techno etc etc. But when you see people name joints like Brooklyn's Finest you start to question your own sanity and are forced to speak up for your own mental health lol.

What's even funnier is that these conversations are always between stans stanning and haters feigning unbiased opinions. Very very rarely is there the person in between. And its so ridiculously transparent that I almost take offense to how naive some of you must think the rest of us who just want to have a music forum with intelligent and thought-provoking conversation are. It's the same characters, fighting the same battles, trying to move forward the same agendas. Rinse, wash, repeat. I rarely even come into the music forum anymore. The themes and threads in here are beyond tired. All this great music coming out and threads like the Chance the Rapper one are getting buried by you dudes trying to rewrite history constantly. Whether its Jay, Nas, or whoever.

And to homie above who says its "irresponsible" to not look at some of the lethargic verses Jay has spit. Is that the case for everyone, or just Jay? Cause honestly, I'm pretty ******g tired of talking about Jay in every third thread. Like, what's the point exactly? Stans won't be convinced and haters won't be satisfied. Trust me when I tell you. It's the same people arguing the same things year in and year out on here. Music forum is beyond stagnant.
What history am I trying to rewrite?

This **** is all opinion ..

And at the end of the day is like ******** .. every body got one 

and every one isn't gonna agree ..

Far as everthing you said in the latter about this thread and th forum overall I agree with

Ravages post... Rock Clapping gif.
Here's where you see the delusion....

I could say Jay is a genius for ****. And that as of now he will walk away with the greatest career, inside and outside of music, any rapper has ever known. Matter of fact, ANY musician has ever known between his music, label, management, apparel....******g sports now. Tours etc.

But if I'm not saying he's the greatest rapper ever, and I'm not saying he's been the greatest rapper every year he's been rapping, and I'm not saying EVERY verse of his is flawless, I'm a hater.

Get all the way the **** out of here.

What delusional Jay Z fans don't even understand is this thread isn't "name a good Jay Z verse". It's "What was jay-Z worse verse".

The only reason you can have a thread like that is because the majority of his verses are good. And so the question is which among those good verses is the worst.

But dudes are so stuck they look at this topic as some kind of affront to Jay's career without being able to have the clarity to take this thread for what it is.
Who said that though(in reference to the hater part)? I dont think anyone would go as far to say that every verse hes ever done is flawless. What caused the "derail" of this thread was that a few people started naming verses that the majority thought were great, and some people went as far as to say that entire albums were wack. People have been labeled Stans more than people have been labeled haters in this thread.

I dont think anyone is confused as to what this thread is supposed to be about, discussion is just being raised from the verses that people are labeling as "bad". This thread hasnt even made the ugly turn that the last dozen Jay-Z threads have made (yet). I think I've been as objective as I can be in this thread, I didnt say a word when people threw Ha Remix out there, I wouldnt challenge anyone who says Ghetto Techno, but when people are saying that Get Throwed, Brooklyns Finest, Girls Girls Girls, and entire albums are bad verses, then eyebrows are raised. 

Much like yourself, I haven't even gone out of my way to mention records. Ravage made a reference to the "haters". So if you're applauding this post, maybe you should read through it thoroughly.....

"Suit And Tie" I thought was weak. So if cats are going to defend that, I may have to disagree.

But this whole "discrediting his legacy" etc. is just too much for me.

I almost think I'm a bigger Jay fan than most of you. Because I actually know his WHOLE career. Not just the moments as he was popping off and blowing up.

Dude struggled for a while. A lot of DOPE MCs don't have that struggle. Jay didn't come out of the gate as a DOPE MC.

Now, that struggle should be recognized and applauded. Because look where he is now. That is a part of his greatness.

But he didn't come out the gate hot like a lot of other rappers did. His longevity is unquestionable.

So let's call it what it is. Because that is a part of his legacy when all is said and done.

So if you're going to come in here and make broad, sweeping statements about this forum and how we handle Jay's "legacy", then again, let's call it what it is.

Much like yourself, I haven't even gone out of my way to mention records. Ravage made a reference to the "haters". So if you're applauding this post, maybe you should read through it thoroughly.....

"Suit And Tie" I thought was weak. So if cats are going to defend that, I may have to disagree.

I almost think I'm a bigger Jay fan than most of you. Because I actually know his WHOLE career. Not just the moments as he was popping off and blowing up.

Dude struggled for a while. A lot of DOPE MCs don't have that struggle. Jay didn't come out of the gate as a DOPE MC.

Now, that struggle should be recognized and applauded. Because look where he is now. That is a part of his greatness.

But he didn't come out the gate hot like a lot of other rappers did. His longevity is unquestionable.

So let's call it what it is. Because that is a part of his legacy when all is said and done.

So if you're going to come in here and make broad, sweeping statements about this forum and how we handle Jay's "legacy", then again, let's call it what it is.
I was applauding the second half of Ravages post where he speaks about what the music forum has become(I am admittedly part of the problem)

Thats cool that you were there form the moment he started rapping(not being a sarcastic at all, I know how the word choice makes it seem), but that isnt a fair criteria to judge someones fanhood off of. When he first started rapping I wasnt even alive, thats something that is totally out of my control. I do acknowledge that he wasnt a huge deal when he first started rapping, in that last thread I didnt even contest that. Even he admits it, hes spoken about it numerous times.

He was on point about a lot of stuff. The Jay-Z argument threads get the most traffic in here by far, and its always the same things being said over and over by the same people( again I'm part of this problem) nothing else gets nearly as much attention and every month and a half, a new thread is made to replace the old one. Its gotten old at this point.

so are many of the SONGS mentioned basically where people think Jay was bested by another artist, or do yall really saying "big pimpin" and "get throwed " are Jay's worst verses?

What the hell have y'all done
... to even have an opinion on what I've been doin
What the hell have y'all won?
... Only thing you can identify with is losing
Ten #1 albums in a row, who better than me?
Only The Beatles, nobody ahead of me
I crush Elvis and his +Blue Suede Shoes+
Made the Rolling Stones seem sweet as Kool-Aid too
'96, '97, '98, '99
2000, 2001 and beyond
Oh-two, oh-three, oh-four, oh-five
Oh-six and seven, oh-eight, oh-nine
Back-to-back, double plat', I did what you won't
Men lie, women lie, numbers don't
Ain't nothin changed for, me 'cept the year it is
I think I have to send you a reminder, here it is

Last edited:
Ravage post smh....
Pretty much done with this debate because its all relative and it clearly seems that no matter what you say jayz is a true Teflon Don in these streets( even as a jayz fan myself I can see both sides of this debate but no side is going to relent and Jayz Stan's really need a mental evaluation)
Brookylns Finest Biggie owned that
[Pain In Da ***]
[gunshots] OKAY, I'M RELOADED!!!
You *************, think you big time?
****** with Jay-Z, you gon' die, big time!
Here come the "Pain"! [gunshots]

[Jay-Z]
J****... (J****), B****... (B****)
*****, how you figure... (how you figure)
Yeah, yeah, yeah, aiyyo

Peep the style and the way the cops sweat us (uh-huh)
The number one question is can the Feds get us (uh-huh)
I got vendettas in dice games against *** betters (uh-huh)
and ****** who pump wheels and drive Jettas
Take that witcha..

[Notorious B.I.G.]
.. hit ya, back split ya
**** fist fights and lame scuffles
Pillow case to your face, make the shell muffle
Shoot your daughter in the calf muscle
**** a tussle, nickel-plated
Sprinkle coke on the floor, make it drug related
Most hate it..

[Jay-Z]
.. can't fade it
While y'all pump Willie, I run up in stunts silly
Scared, so you sent your little mans to come kill me
But on the contrilli, I packs the mack-milli
Squeezed off on him, left them paramedics breathin soft on him
What's ya name?

[Notorious B.I.G.]
.. Who shot ya? Mob ties like Sinatra
Peruvians tried to do me in, I ain't paid them yet
Tryin to push 700's, they ain't made them yet
Rolex and bracelets is frostbit; rings too
****** 'round the way call me Igloo Stix (Who?)
************!

[Chorus]
Jay-Z and Biggie Smalls, ***** **** ya drawers
(Where you from?) Brooklyn, goin out for all
Marcy - that's right - you don't stop
Bed-Stuy.. you won't stop, *****!

[Jay-Z]
What, what, what?
Jay-Z, Big' Smalls, ***** **** ya drawers
Brooklyn represent y'all, hit you fold
You crazy, think your little bit of rhymes can play me?
I'm from Marcy, I'm varsity, chump, you're JV
(J****) Jay-Z

[Notorious B.I.G.]
.. and B**** baby!
My Bed-Stuy flow's malicious, delicious
**** three wishes, made my road to riches
from 62's, gem stars, my moms dishes
Gram choppin, police van dockin
D's at my doors knockin

[Jay-Z]
What? Keep rockin
No more, Mister, Nice Guy, I twist your ****
the **** back with them pistols, blazin
Hot like cajun
Hotter than even holdin work at the Days Inn
with New York plates outside
Get up outta there, **** your ride

[Notorious B.I.G.]
Keep your hands high, **** gets steeper
Here comes the Grim Reaper, Frank Wright
Leave the keys to your In-tegra (That's right)
Chill homie, the ***** in the Shoney's told me
You're holdin more drugs than a pharmacy, you ain't harmin me
So pardon me, pass the safe, before I blaze the place
and here's six shots just in case
(Brooklyn... Brooklyn... Brooklyn...)

[Chorus]
(Where you from?) Brooklyn goin out to all
(Crown Heights...) You don't stop
(Brownsville...) You won't stop, *****!
Hah hah! Jay-Z and Biggie Smalls, ***** **** ya drawers
(Where we from?) Brooklyn goin out to all
(Bushwick...) You don't stop
(Fort Greene...) You won't stop, ******!

[Jay-Z]
Yeah, yeah, yeah
For nine six, the only MC with a flu
Yeah I rhyme sick, I be what you're tryin to do
Made a fortune off Peru, extradite, china white heron
***** please, like short sleeves I bear arms
Stay out my way from here on (CLEAR?) Gone!

[Notoriuos B.I.G.]
Me and Gutter had two spots
The two for five dollar hits, the blue tops
Gotta go, Coolio mean it's gettin "Too Hot"
If Fay' had twins, she'd probably have two-Pac's
Get it? .. Tu-pac's

[Jay-Z]
Time to separate the pros from the cons
The platinum from the bronze
That butter soft **** from that leather on the Fonz
A S1 diamond from a eye class don
A Cham' Dom' sipper from a Rosay *****, huh?!
Brook-Nam, sippin on

[Notorious B.I.G.]
Cristal forever, play the crib when it's mink weather
The M.A.F.I.A. keep canons in they Marc Buchanans
Usually cuatro cinco, the shell sink slow, tossin ya
Mad slugs through your Nautica, I'm warnin ya
(Hah, what the ****?)

[Chorus]
(Flatbush...) You don't stop
(Redhook...) You won't stop, *****!
(East New York...) You don't stop
(Clinton Hill...) You won't stop, *****!
("Is Brooklyn in the house?")

[Outro]
Uhh, Roc-A-Fella, y'all, Junior M.A.F.I.A.
Superbad click, Brook-lyn's Finest, you re-wind this
Represetin BK to the fullest
Jay got murked by Frank White
If you can find a better jay line in that entire song then I relent but you won't because that song belonged to Big
Once for the ninjas that don't have reading comprehension, jayz is top ( dead or alive but if you can't objectively look at his music as a whole and tell me he hasn't had doo doo bars
Even on this classic, then yes you are a Stan and I will never be able to have a respective conversation of the minds with you

Last edited:

Fam I'm not here to call anyone names. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Jay-Z has many MANY Stans. We know this. He also has equal amounts of haters. Let's not pretend like this isn't the case, because you and I know it is. Whether or not you fall into that category really doesn't concern me. I'm just telling you what I've seen from an outside perspective, as I don't tend to post in here much anymore. Never said Jay was hot from jump. Never said he doesn't have wack verses (in fact, I stated that he does). The point is that there are threads on a regular basis that have very little to do with gaining perspective and very much to do with criticizing Jay's every move in ways we don't criticize ANYONE else. Not Em, not Pac, not Big, not 3K. No one but Jay. Constantly. It's so very tired. So pardon me if I have a hard time believing it's about unbiased discussion of Jay's career. It just doesn't come off like that. Especially when you read the content of the threads and you have people trying to convince you What We Do or Some How Some Way are Jay's worst verses of all time. Jay has complete trash records, yet people are naming songs that are indisputably hot. Do you understand how that comes off?

I've got to go with his verse on Swagger Like Us.

HoooOOovaaa

Just no. Hate that verse so much. :lol:

Damn shame.

Fam I'm not here to call anyone names. I'm just pointing out the obvious. Jay-Z has many MANY Stans. We know this. He also has equal amounts of haters. Let's not pretend like this isn't the case, because you and I know it is. Whether or not you fall into that category really doesn't concern me. I'm just telling you what I've seen from an outside perspective, as I don't tend to post in here much anymore. Never said Jay was hot from jump. Never said he doesn't have wack verses (in fact, I stated that he does). The point is that there are threads on a regular basis that have very little to do with gaining perspective and very much to do with criticizing Jay's every move in ways we don't criticize ANYONE else. Not Em, not Pac, not Big, not 3K. No one but Jay. Constantly. It's so very tired. So pardon me if I have a hard time believing it's about unbiased discussion of Jay's career. It just doesn't come off like that. Especially when you read the content of the threads and you have people trying to convince you What We Do or Some How Some Way are Jay's worst verses of all time. Jay has complete trash records, yet people are naming songs that are indisputably hot. Do you understand how that comes off?
But to you some how some way and what we do are hot
But at least to me they are very weak efforts just because the emotions from free, Facemob, beans are so much more impactful
Jay just sounds lazy
It's not about being right or wrong but when cats defend this dude like he has never done a doo doo verse that's where the problem lies
I am a tupac Stan to the death but even I know there are certain tracks that literally make me cringe
And the blasphemy PAC and Biggie get on this thread is far worst...dudes say they are overrated and provided no contribution to the game.....at the end of the day/rant it's all a difference of opinion and what you think is a hot jay verse maybe a weak effort to someone else ...I.e. get throwed should not be in here for me

Last edited:
If we're talking about Jay's worse verse then why is Get Throwed being mentioned??? Can a hater please tell me how that verse stands out as being bad
laugh.gif
 So far I'm tourin on foreign land

Worldwide I'm known for the Arm & Hamm-
-Er,  

mean.gif
 start the verse off wit a wack bar

Murder the streets I'm a wanted man 
(But the flow's like dope) So it's on again

mean.gif
 filler

Started with the block, hit it brick by brick
Then I charted with the ROC *****, hit by hit
I'm ******ed with the glock *****, clip by clip

grin.gif
 ok maybe he finna go off

The competition is none, they deceased to exist

indifferent.gif
  corny!

Let it breathe a little bit
He's off his rocker, he's a lil skitz

mean.gif
  filler

throwed like a football, Hov' used to cook raw
Now I got the game sewn like granny's good shawl

sick.gif
 grannys shawl wtf?

Sure, y'all ****** want war
Y'all got it backwards, y'all should want raw
Y'all should want more 

oh snap this ninja turnt a 3 letter word backwards! gtf.oh! 

nobody denying dudes talent everybody has off days 

Last edited:
The thing about these arguments our that they are coming on songs that i have NEVER heard people call wack.... Dude just posted Brooklyns finest and said that jay's verses were wack.... Had he said big killed jay and left it at that than fine its just his opinion.... but to say he had WACK bars on that song just comes across stupid.

I understand people are going to gravitate to different sounds and like things better but if their's an overwhelming consensus that something is great... and your opinion is the exact opposite of that i'm gonna tend to look at you like your completely wrong..

****** are braking down entire verses into bars just to have proof of a "Wack" bar. The same ****** then tell me drake ain't hAVE A WACK VERSE IN TWO YEARS.

Back
Top Bottom