WATCHMEN Movie Thread: Directors Cut is out (updated: deleted scene)

awwww yeeeeeah
baf152e995a923e6bfe9892fb5dae575ea6f467.gif

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Saw the Watchmen Rorschach preview last night. Glad they included the scene with Malcolm.
pimp.gif

word, movie will be SICK..I've been waiting since the first trailer at TDK release. Probably won't be able to go until Saturday or next week though
frown.gif

Isn't the Black Freighter coming out on blu-ray as well? I thought it would be a simultaneous release today w/the motion comic but apparently not..

Originally Posted by Av1r3x

Originally Posted by illmaticsoulchild

Saw the Watchmen Rorschach preview last night. Glad they included the scene with Malcolm.
pimp.gif

word, movie will be SICK..I've been waiting since the first trailer at TDK release. Probably won't be able to go until Saturday or next week though
frown.gif

Isn't the Black Freighter coming out on blu-ray as well? I thought it would be a simultaneous release today w/the motion comic but apparently not..

March 24 release.

I just started reading the graphic novel...want to finish by this weekend.

It's such an easy read. I'm about 50 pages in, and I doubt I'm going to stop any time soon. Once you start, you fall in.
laugh.gif

My friend just got me a ticket for Friday 10:30 AM IMAX showing at Universal City Walk! Can't wait!

Originally Posted by RFX45

Watchmen Clip Montages Coming to NBC
Source:Warner Bros. Pictures February 26, 2009

Haven't seen enough Watchmen footage yet? First up, there are now 14 clips online that can be watched via this link.

Warner Bros. Pictures also made the following announcement today:

In the days leading up to the much-anticipated March 6th release of "Watchmen," brand new clip montages from the film will air exclusively during the broadcast of six different shows across three NBC Universal networks. Each of the action-packed segments focuses on one of the film's central figures-Rorschach, Dr. Manhattan, The Comedian, Ozymandias, Nite Owl, and Silk Spectre II-introducing the film incarnations of the characters who have moved from the pages of the legendary graphic novel to the big screen in the new film presented by Warner Bros. Pictures and Paramount Pictures, in association with Legendary Pictures.

The promotion begins on March 1st and encompasses several of the most popular series on three NBC Universal networks: NBC ("Heroes" and "30 Rock"), SCI FI ("Battlestar Galactica" and "Ghost Hunters International") and USA Network ("Burn Notice" and the acquired theatrical "National Treasure"). The select clip montages have been slated to air as follows:

* March 1 - Clip montage featuring Dr. Manhattan airs exclusively during "National Treasure" on USA Network.
* March 2 - Clip montage featuring Rorschach airs exclusively during "Heroes" on NBC.
* March 4 - Clip montage featuring Ozymandias airs exclusively during "Ghost Hunters International" on SCI FI.
* March 5 - Clip montage featuring Nite Owl airs exclusively during "Battlestar Galactica" on SCI FI.
* March 5 - Clip montage featuring Silk Spectre II airs exclusively during "Burn Notice" on USA Network.
* March 5 - Clip montage featuring The Comedian airs exclusively during "30 Rock" on NBC.

Following their network airing, the clips will be available for viewing on NBC.com/Watchmen.

A complex, multi-layered mystery adventure, "Watchmen" is set in an alternate 1985 America in which costumed superheroes are part of the fabric of everyday society, and the Doomsday Clock-which charts the USA's tension with the Soviet Union-moves closer to midnight. When one of his former colleagues is murdered, the outlawed masked vigilante Rorschach sets out to uncover a plot to kill and discredit all past and present superheroes. As he reconnects with his former crime-fighting legion, Rorschach glimpses a wide-ranging and disturbing conspiracy with links to their shared past and catastrophic consequences for the future. Their mission is to watch over humanity…but who is watching the Watchmen?

"Watchmen" is directed by Zack Snyder and produced by Lawrence Gordon, Lloyd Levin and Deborah Snyder. The screenplay is by David Hayter and Alex Tse, based upon the award-winning graphic novel co-created and illustrated by Dave Gibbons and published by DC Comics. Herbert W. Gains and Thomas Tull are the executive producers, with Wesley Coller serving as co-producer.

The film stars Malin Akerman as Laurie Jupiter, aka Silk Spectre II; Billy Crudup as Jon Osterman, aka Dr. Manhattan; Matthew Goode as Adrian Veidt, aka Ozymandias; Carla Gugino as Sally Jupiter, aka Silk Spectre; Jackie Earle Haley as Walter Kovacs, aka Rorschach; Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Edward Blake, aka The Comedian; and Patrick Wilson as Dan Dreiberg, aka Nite Owl.

Warner Bros. Pictures and Paramount Pictures present, in Association with Legendary Pictures, a Lawrence Gordon/Lloyd Levin Production, a Zack Snyder Film, "Watchmen." "Watchmen" will be distributed domestically by Warner Bros. Pictures and internationally by Paramount Pictures. "Watchmen: The IMAX Experience" will debut concurrently with the 35mm release in traditional theatres. The film has been rated R by the MPAA for strong graphic violence, sexuality, nudity and language.

it says the screenplay is by david hayter. is this the guy that did the voice for solid snake by any chance? hayter doesnt seem to be a common last name so iwas just curious.

Just finished reading the graphic novel last night. I'm a bit skeptical at the last issue, whether or not it will adapt it into the movie.

Originally Posted by SuperSaiyan415

Originally Posted by RFX45

Watchmen Clip Montages Coming to NBC

Source:Warner Bros. Pictures February 26, 2009

Haven't seen enough Watchmen footage yet? First up, there are now 14 clips online that can be watched via this link.

Warner Bros. Pictures also made the following announcement today:

In the days leading up to the much-anticipated March 6th release of "Watchmen," brand new clip montages from the film will air exclusively during the
broadcast of six different shows across three NBC Universal networks. Each of the action-packed segments focuses on one of the film's central
figures-Rorschach, Dr. Manhattan, The Comedian, Ozymandias, Nite Owl, and Silk Spectre II-introducing the film incarnations of the characters who have moved
from the pages of the legendary graphic novel to the big screen in the new film presented by Warner Bros. Pictures and Paramount Pictures, in association with
Legendary Pictures.

The promotion begins on March 1st and encompasses several of the most popular series on three NBC Universal networks: NBC ("Heroes" and "30
Rock"), SCI FI ("Battlestar Galactica" and "Ghost Hunters International") and USA Network ("Burn Notice" and the acquired
theatrical "National Treasure"). The select clip montages have been slated to air as follows:

* March 1 - Clip montage featuring Dr. Manhattan airs exclusively during "National Treasure" on USA Network.

* March 2 - Clip montage featuring Rorschach airs exclusively during "Heroes" on NBC.

* March 4 - Clip montage featuring Ozymandias airs exclusively during "Ghost Hunters International" on SCI FI.

* March 5 - Clip montage featuring Nite Owl airs exclusively during "Battlestar Galactica" on SCI FI.

* March 5 - Clip montage featuring Silk Spectre II airs exclusively during "Burn Notice" on USA Network.

* March 5 - Clip montage featuring The Comedian airs exclusively during "30 Rock" on NBC.

Following their network airing, the clips will be available for viewing on NBC.com/Watchmen.

A complex, multi-layered mystery adventure, "Watchmen" is set in an alternate 1985 America in which costumed superheroes are part of the fabric of
everyday society, and the Doomsday Clock-which charts the USA's tension with the Soviet Union-moves closer to midnight. When one of his former colleagues
is murdered, the outlawed masked vigilante Rorschach sets out to uncover a plot to kill and discredit all past and present superheroes. As he reconnects with
his former crime-fighting legion, Rorschach glimpses a wide-ranging and disturbing conspiracy with links to their shared past and catastrophic consequences for
the future. Their mission is to watch over humanity…but who is watching the Watchmen?

"Watchmen" is directed by Zack Snyder and produced by Lawrence Gordon, Lloyd Levin and Deborah Snyder. The screenplay is by David Hayter and Alex
Tse, based upon the award-winning graphic novel co-created and illustrated by Dave Gibbons and published by DC Comics. Herbert W. Gains and Thomas Tull are the
executive producers, with Wesley Coller serving as co-producer.

The film stars Malin Akerman as Laurie Jupiter, aka Silk Spectre II; Billy Crudup as Jon Osterman, aka Dr. Manhattan; Matthew Goode as Adrian Veidt, aka
Ozymandias; Carla Gugino as Sally Jupiter, aka Silk Spectre; Jackie Earle Haley as Walter Kovacs, aka Rorschach; Jeffrey Dean Morgan as Edward Blake, aka The
Comedian; and Patrick Wilson as Dan Dreiberg, aka Nite Owl.

Warner Bros. Pictures and Paramount Pictures present, in Association with Legendary Pictures, a Lawrence Gordon/Lloyd Levin Production, a Zack Snyder Film,
"Watchmen." "Watchmen" will be distributed domestically by Warner Bros. Pictures and internationally by Paramount Pictures. "Watchmen:
The IMAX Experience" will debut concurrently with the 35mm release in traditional theatres. The film has been rated R by the MPAA for strong graphic
violence, sexuality, nudity and language.

it says the screenplay is by david hayter. is this the guy that did the voice for solid snake by any chance? hayter doesnt seem to be a common last name so i was just curious.

same guy

laugh.gif

I just noticed the Hurm Avy.
I purchased the blu-ray version of the Motion Comic and it was pretty cool.
It could start a new trend of releasing whole series of comics books that way.
They just need to hire women narrators though.
laugh.gif

iFanboy's selling it as a shirt; and DC s doing a series of motion comics and Invincible has a motion comic out too.

Originally Posted by Falcon4567

iFanboy's selling it as a shirt; and DC s doing a series of motion comics and Invincible has a motion comic out too.

That would be awesome. I prefer these motion comics than the animation features they keep coming out drawn by WB animators. I'm tired of seeing the kiddyTeen Titan-esque animations. They need to do what Marvel does and animate it straight from the comic book, like the Ultimate Avengers.

Justice League: The New Frontier did just that; I'd say DC has a much better animation arm than Marvel does.

Thanks for that video Falcon.

I prefer these motion comics than the animation features they keep coming out drawn by WB animators. I'm tired of seeing the kiddy Teen Titan-esque animations.
I agree.

Justice League: The New Frontier did just that; I'd say DC has a much better animation arm than Marvel does.

I think they picked a horrible comic to do that with. I like how Ultimate Avengers were animated, similar to the old Spider-Man Animated Series or the X-MenAnimated Series. The new Wonder Woman is slightly an improvement but still has a Disney look to it. They should try it on Hush and bring Jim Lee's art tolife.

WHAT! The New Frontier is amazing, have you read it? Darwyn Cooke's style draws heavily from Kirby and Eisner 50s style, all clean sharp lines.And he was one of the DCUA guys and that's who they got to do it. Except for the fact that they cut out a lot of the backmatter it was a really excellentadaptation.

WHAT! The New Frontier is amazing, have you read it? Darwyn Cooke's style draws heavily from Kirby and Eisner 50s style, all clean sharp lines. And he was one of the DCUA guys and that's who they got to do it. Except for the fact that they cut out a lot of the backmatter it was a really excellent adaptation.

I wasn't talking about story, the story is good and you know it is reminiscent of my favorite graphic novel, but animation-wise it was just disappointing.I know it sounds somewhat against what I was saying earlier but we need a good story with great visuals. Visually, this one wasn't it. I think this is oneof those few times where the animation could have been updated a bit. It is better than the teen titans animation but I think it could have been betterstylistically. I guess I'm tired of square jaws from the old Batman and Superman animated series', although I still love that old-school batman series.Does that make sense?
laugh.gif

One of the other book I would love to see aniamted but slightly updated to maybe Anime style is the The Dark Knight Returns. Although the original artisn't bad to animate, it will give more of a Heavy Metal effect and style and I prefer it in Anime style. Again, thats just me. I'm sure plenty ofcomic book fan boys would hate it but an adaptation of it would be great.

Watchmen Has Already Set a Record

Source:The Hollywood Reporter

March 4, 2009

Warner Bros. Pictures' Watchmen has set its first record before even opening -its 3,611 theater count will be the most ever for an R-rated film.

Also, the Zack Snyder-directed graphic novel adaptation will play in an impressive 1,600 locations starting atmidnight Thursday. That's substantially more than the 656 midnight shows that helped Snyder's 300 earn $28 million in only the firstday of its $71 million opening weekend in March 2007.

The first-day haul for 300 was the second-highest ever for an R-rated film, after the $42.5 million tally that Warners registered with2003's The Matrix Reloaded. The previous widest release for an R-rated movie was the distributor's 3,603-theater bow for"Reloaded."

Btw, I felt The New Frontier way much nicer than Ultimate Avengers.

the homie just scooped me an IMAX ticket. this will be my 1st major motion picture in IMAX...Im pretty stoked

I already bought my tickets for the midnight showing but since I have a $7.50 off tickets from the Motion Comic Blu-Ray, I guess I'm just going to have towatch it again.
happy.gif

I'm going at 12:20 pm at the Spectrum in Irvine IMAX. I have never been so hyped up for a movie, not even for TDK.

Back
Top Bottom